Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

I'm an Ibuprofen guy, but I'm aware the oldz LOVE the asprin.

34 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Where will we get our plastics, eyeglasses, deodorants, basketballs, soap, bike tires, condoms, toothbrushes, loudspeakers, spandex, polyester, aspirin, and refrigerators?

Asprin? WOAH....

14 hours ago, statsman said:

Israel has decided that, existentially, they cannot let Iran have nukes. And I really mean “existentially” (at least, for this iteration of Iran). There is a fascinating history of the lengths they will go to to forestall that happening - murder, sabotage. 

They have reason to fear Iran selling those nukes elsewhere.

• Hook 'Em 1

Where will we get our plastics, eyeglasses, deodorants, basketballs, soap, bike tires, condoms, toothbrushes, loudspeakers, spandex, polyester, aspirin, and refrigerators?
If I knew the answer to that, I would be in Vegas doing blow off 5 hookers couchies
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’d also say that if you followed MH 370, you’re familiar with the pattern of endlessly cycling implausible explanations vs. one static good one.  The explanations I’ve seen on one side:

1. Air strike with JDAM Mk-80 series bomb that leveled the hospital

2. JDAM Mk-80 that didn’t destroy the hospital because it was in “airburst mode”

3. Israeli drone firing Spike or Hellfire missiles

4. Now, Israeli artillery 

French Military Intelligence Says Israeli Strike Not Behind Gaza Hospital Blast

PARIS (Reuters) - A blast at a Gaza hospital was not the result of an Israeli missile strike, but likely caused by a misfiring Palestinian rocket, the French military intelligence directorate (DRM) said on Friday.

Link

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Bevo said:

let's not get into this shit. Good people and bad people come from all over.

Yes, it would be best that people leave out their second hand anecdotal stories of my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend said these people I interacted with on a selective basis are the "worst". Everyone can come away from a region with complicit bias and working for the state department doesn't make them immune from internal prejudice.

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2023 at 5:41 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Intercepting three cruise missiles out of Yemen and half-a-dozen drones or so with just one destroyer....nice capabilities.

But it's the USS Carney though.

Does it smell like cabbage and does it have small (deck)hands?

austin-powers-stare.gif

But how much of their ammo did they deplete? Looks like just another way that drones are changing the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/rockets-attack-targets-iraqi-base-housing-us-forces-army-sources-2023-10-22/

ANBAR, Iraq, Oct 22 (Reuters) - Katyusha rockets on Sunday targeted the Ain al-Asad air base, which hosts U.S. and other international forces in western Iraq, and one blast was heard inside the base, two army sources said.

• Rage+1 2

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Already mentioned (the Eisenhower part) but we are putting Iran on notice and putting more anti-air assets into play. 

But really nothing from CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or the Sunday Shows. And no announcements by Biden or any spokesperson. And the ships have been defensive so far and not taking out the groups firing on them.

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

But really nothing from CNN, FOX, MSNBC, or the Sunday Shows. And no announcements by Biden or any spokesperson. And the ships have been defensive so far and not taking out the groups firing on them.

The groups are not firing at the US. We can’t really take them out without escalating shit 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

There’s a big difference between not wanting a civilian population to be killed and supporting their political views or leadership. 

I think you'd be hard-pressed to find many, if any, Jews who support purposely killing a civilian population. See, for example, the many days of advance notice given to residents of Gaza City. The civilians need to evacuate because their mere presence is aiding Hamas, which hides behind the civilian population.

As always, the public relations battle is important. See, for example, the troubling rush by many news organizations to blame Israel after a bomb hit a hospital when, in fact, every independent expert has since concluded it was one of Hamas' Islamic Jihad's bombs. Or the accusatory "apartheid" signs around college campuses aimed at the only mid-east democracy.

Edited by Chopper
words
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Bevo said:

This kind of proves my point. Iran through proxies has been firing on US bases in Iraq.

If people fire at US bases. We retaliate. 

That is different than Yemen firing missiles at Israel (assuming Israel is the target). Now I’m sure we take them out mid flight and say, “well how are we to know they aren’t being fired at US assets” excuse, but taking out cruise missiles mid flight and bombing targets in Yemen is a wee bit different on the world stage. I’m sure we could do it, and no one could do shit, because we have the largest military in the world, but doesn’t seem like we want to play that card right now 

47 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

and bombing targets in Yemen is a wee bit different on the world stage. I’m sure we could do it, and no one could do shit, because we have the largest military in the world, but doesn’t seem like we want to play that card right now 

We could just have the Saudis do it.  They can't be too keen that those kinds of weapons are coming out of Yemen.

• Hook 'Em 5

Looks like there's some grifters trying to use the tragedy to their advantage

STATEMENT FROM MEMBERS OF THE RA’ANAN FAMILY WHO WERE ABDUCTED BY HAMAS

“Today we came across bizarre posts on the Instagram page of one @shaunking, who turns out to have millions of followers, who claims that our relative Nathalie Ra'anan supports the anti-Israeli messages he uploads to his page.

First and foremost, we make it clear that he is lying!  Our family does not and did not have anything to do with him, neither directly nor indirectly.  Not to him and not to anything he claims to represent.

Natalie told us that this morning it was the first time in her life that she came across Shaun King's name and his posts, after she finally got a phone call after two horrific weeks in captivity in Gaza, and was looking for what was written about her while she was away.

Shaun King is trying to catch a ride on the great exposure that her abduction received all over the world and in the USA in particular, and the most ridiculous thing is that Natalie and her mother Yehudit are prominent activities in Rabbi Hecht's Jewish community in Chicago and in the Chabad house, and if Shaun King knew them or their family he would  know that

We ask not to be light on the keyboard and share things without checking them in depth.  Mainly not to believe people who speak for others.  The damage that the sharing of these lies does is so huge, and the effort of our family and all the families of the abductees should be all about bringing them home, and not fighting the lies that are being spread like wildfire.

We're not done, we've just started.  We have 2 more murdered in the family and 8 more family members still kidnapped, and there are over 200 more families in our situation.  Now we need the support of all the people of Israel and all the countries of the world to bring everyone home as soon as possible!”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3