Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

and this won't get much attention but here it is 

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-settlers-kill-two-palestinians-occupied-west-bank-mayor-says-2024-04-15/

Israeli settlers kill two Palestinians in occupied West Bank, mayor says

By Reuters
April 15, 20242:03 PM CDTUpdated 2 hours ago

CAIRO, April 15 (Reuters) - Israeli settlers killed two Palestinians on Monday in the occupied West Bank province of Nablus, Salah Bani Jaber, the mayor of Aqraba, told Reuters.
"About 50 settlers, a large number of them armed, attacked the residents of Khirbet al-Tawil village east of Aqraba in the province of Nablus. They opened fire on the youth and this led to the death of two of the youth and the injury of others,” the mayor said.
Edited by Make em eat Taco Bell
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

and this won't get much attention but here it is 

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-settlers-kill-two-palestinians-occupied-west-bank-mayor-says-2024-04-15/

Israeli settlers kill two Palestinians in occupied West Bank, mayor says

By Reuters
April 15, 20242:03 PM CDTUpdated 2 hours ago

CAIRO, April 15 (Reuters) - Israeli settlers killed two Palestinians on Monday in the occupied West Bank province of Nablus, Salah Bani Jaber, the mayor of Aqraba, told Reuters.
"About 50 settlers, a large number of them armed, attacked the residents of Khirbet al-Tawil village east of Aqraba in the province of Nablus. They opened fire on the youth and this led to the death of two of the youth and the injury of others,” the mayor said.

This violence was is response to the murder of a 14 year old Jewish shepherd. As with most things, the finger-pointing will go back to pre-1948.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/13/world-news/discovery-of-israeli-teens-body-sparks-wave-violent-settler-attacks-in-west-bank/amp/ 

• Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This violence was is response to the murder of a 14 year old Jewish shepherd. As with most things, the finger-pointing will go back to pre-1948.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/13/world-news/discovery-of-israeli-teens-body-sparks-wave-violent-settler-attacks-in-west-bank/amp/ 

settlers have been killing Arabs for years, they want it all, witness this Queen Settler 

IDF almost always protects these nutjobs when they go on mob attacks against the Arabs 

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’m sure comparing “who has the most violent maximalist rhetoric” is a productive line of discussion. 

Well, it's productive in one sense: it lays bare the utter hopelessness of the situation.  ESPECIALLY when the violent maximalists, or folks pretty closely adjacent, are fundamentally in charge of policy for each "side."

"You should all die and be driven from the land!"

"No...YOU should all die and be driven from the land!"

Not much reason for hope there.  People openly pushing for genocide are driving the bus for both sides.  What that tells us that "somebody eventually succeeding in genocide/total ethnic cleansing" is a much more likely option than "some sort of peaceful co-existence" ever will be.  Reality in this case is a bitter pill to swallow, but that doesn't make it any less real.

• Hook 'Em 1

ITALY WOULD CONTRIBUTE TO ANY UN PEACEKEEPING IN GAZA

Italy’s foreign minister says Rome would be willing to contribute troops to any possible U.N. peacekeeping force for Gaza, even though no such proposal is currently on the table and Israel has rejected the idea.

In an interview with The Associated Press, Foreign Minister Antonio Tajani suggested a U.N. force under Arab command could help provide security if Israel and the Palestinians make headway on an eventual two-state solution. He said the U.N. peacekeeping mission in Lebanon could be the model.

“If there is the solution and for a short time we need the presence of the United Nations under Arab control, we are ready for sending Italian soldiers,” Tajani said ahead of a Group of Seven foreign ministers meeting in Capri.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ruled out a foreign peacekeeping force in Gaza after the war, saying only Israel is capable of keeping the territory demilitarized.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-iran-hamas-latest-04-17-2024-7e4ba24fbb150f020a2d240dad9d462f

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Parliament said:

How confident are we that a neutral peacekeeper wouldn’t be targeted with IED’s and suicide bombs just because?

I don't know but Italy is about as good as it gets as far as neutrality.

Just now, Parliament said:

How confident are we that a neutral peacekeeper wouldn’t be targeted with IED’s and suicide bombs just because?

We are not. But they could secure the landing areas for aid, provide monitoring services, and coordinate humanitarian movement.

• Hook 'Em 1

some of you will rejoice (but will deny it)

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-04-21-2024-8c027f2587c2c433d0fde41b63a0e0c3

Israeli strikes on southern Gaza city of Rafah kill 22, mostly children, as US advances aid package

The first Israeli strike in Rafah killed a man, his wife and their 3-year-old child, according to the nearby Kuwaiti Hospital, which received the bodies. The woman was pregnant and the doctors saved the baby, the hospital said. The second strike killed 17 children and two women from an extended family.

“These children were sleeping. What did they do? What was their fault?” asked one relative, Umm Kareem. Another relative, Umm Mohammad, said the oldest killed, an 80-year-old aunt, was taken out “in pieces.” Small children were zipped into body bags.

Mohammed al-Beheiri said his daughter, Rasha, and her six children, the youngest 18 months old, were among those killed. A woman and three children were still under the rubble.
  • Rage+1 1

some of you will rejoice (but will deny it)

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-04-21-2024-8c027f2587c2c433d0fde41b63a0e0c3

Israeli strikes on southern Gaza city of Rafah kill 22, mostly children, as US advances aid package

The first Israeli strike in Rafah killed a man, his wife and their 3-year-old child, according to the nearby Kuwaiti Hospital, which received the bodies. The woman was pregnant and the doctors saved the baby, the hospital said. The second strike killed 17 children and two women from an extended family.

“These children were sleeping. What did they do? What was their fault?” asked one relative, Umm Kareem. Another relative, Umm Mohammad, said the oldest killed, an 80-year-old aunt, was taken out “in pieces.” Small children were zipped into body bags.

Mohammed al-Beheiri said his daughter, Rasha, and her six children, the youngest 18 months old, were among those killed. A woman and three children were still under the rubble.

You should be one of them. After all, there’s no better path to your “perfect plan” to ethnically cleanse Gaza than to drive them out with fire.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

You should be one of them. After all, there’s no better path to your “perfect plan” to ethnically cleanse Gaza than to drive them out with fire.

wow, you are really stupid believing I want them killed off for ethnic cleansing.  You don't know much about this topic , after reading dozens of your posts.  What you wrote is offensive and insulting.  

wow, you are really stupid believing I want them killed off for ethnic cleansing.  You don't know much about this topic , after reading dozens of your posts.  What you wrote is offensive and insulting.  

Naah. The killing is just a means to an end. How do you get millions of people to abandon their homes and go somewhere else (your stated goal)? There’s only one tried-and-true method: drive them out. Israel is pursuing your plan using the #1 method for doing so. You should be smiling.

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Naah. The killing is just a means to an end. How do you get millions of people to abandon their homes and go somewhere else (your stated goal)? There’s only one tried-and-true method: drive them out. Israel is pursuing your plan using the #1 method for doing so. You should be smiling.

voluntary migration for a better life in the west =/= killing them all in Gaza.  

It's your boundless ignorance and childlike nature.  Anyway, no one should take you seriously on this issue (or any other).

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

- how do you know Preston Hollow is "home to the Dallas Jew population."? 

- are you implying anti-Semitism in the location of the protest? lulz. 

Because I live here.  It’s been a fact forever  

I'm not implying anything. It was either strategic (doubtful with this group) or coincidence. Either way, it was interesting, and that’s why I fucking posted it. 

2 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Because I live here.  It’s been a fact forever  

I'm not implying anything. It was either strategic (doubtful with this group) or coincidence. Either way, it was interesting, and that’s why I fucking posted it. 

why did you find that interesting if the protest was close to a "Jew population" (if indeed that is true) ?

the other voluntary choice is to remain in Gaza, waiting for a slow rebuild, dependent on foreign NGOs for a lifetime because there is no hope and no opportunity.   It's easy to migrate.  

Alex…I’ll take “why is there a need for a total rebuild, and no hope or opportunity?” for $500. Oh, and the answer is “what is a lot of shit the IDF and Israel has done and continues to do, including destroying functionally all infrastructure and terrorizing/murdering the population?”
You get people to “voluntarily migrate” by making the place they presently live unlivable. That’s how your stated goal, your perfect plan, is achieved. It’s so simple, even an idiot like me can see it.
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Alex…I’ll take “why is there a need for a total rebuild, and no hope or opportunity?” for $500. Oh, and the answer is “what is a lot of shit the IDF and Israel has done and continues to do, including destroying functionally all infrastructure and terrorizing/murdering the population?”
You get people to “voluntarily migrate” by making the place they presently live unlivable. That’s how your stated goal, your perfect plan, is achieved. It’s so simple, even an idiot like me can see it.

I was for a voluntary migration even before October 7th because Gaza wasn't terrible at that point but a better option remains. 

It's always a voluntary migration because no one is forcibly expelling them, as was the original 1948 Nakba where Jewish gangs terrorized Arabs civlians to flee.  That's not the IDF's goal here, they are not forcibly expelling the population, ethnic cleansing is NOT their goal in their military operation.  Voluntary migration is not ethnic cleansing.  Your idea that I enjoy the deaths of Gazans is very offensive and insulting. Thanks for confirming your idiocy. 

31 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

why did you find that interesting if the protest was close to a "Jew population" (if indeed that is true) ?

It is 100% true. Because it was interesting. Do you have a fucking point?

14 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I was for a voluntary migration even before October 7th because Gaza wasn't terrible at that point but a better option remains. 

It's always a voluntary migration because no one is forcibly expelling them, as was the original 1948 Nakba where Jewish gangs terrorized Arabs civlians to flee.  That's not the IDF's goal here, they are not forcibly expelling the population, ethnic cleansing is NOT their goal in their military operation.  Voluntary migration is not ethnic cleansing.  Your idea that I enjoy the deaths of Gazans is very offensive and insulting. Thanks for confirming your idiocy. 

Where do you move them to?

12 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

IF this is the outcome, and I say IF, there really is no where they can all go except the US and Canada. The Middle East will not take them. The interpreter I mentioned above was raised his entire life in the UAE. His parents were both doctors. They were second class citizens and when asked by an Emirati where he was from he would say Jordan.

Jordan won't take them do to an oversaturation of refugees already and their past issues with Palestinians. Egypt has major population issues. North Africa? Same. The only Arab option is Saudi Arabia and their new cities. But they want educated people and have plenty of "labor" from third countries.

17 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

IF this is the outcome, and I say IF, there really is no where they can all go except the US and Canada. The Middle East will not take them. The interpreter I mentioned above was raised his entire life in the UAE. His parents were both doctors. They were second class citizens and when asked by an Emirati where he was from he would say Jordan.

Jordan won't take them do to an oversaturation of refugees already and their past issues with Palestinians. Egypt has major population issues. North Africa? Same. The only Arab option is Saudi Arabia and their new cities. But they want educated people and have plenty of "labor" from third countries.

US, Canada, UK, France, Italy, German, Spain -- the entire EU is available in small or large amounts .  50K, 75K, 10K.  If 1,000,000 Syrians can get to EU by themselves, anything is possible. 

European countries host over 1 million Syrian asylum-seekers and refugees, with the 70 per cent being hosted in two countries only: Germany (59 percent) and Sweden (11 percent). This makes Germany the fifth largest host country globally, hosting over 1 million in total, of which over half (560,000) are Syrians. Austria, Greece, the Netherlands and France host between 2 to 5 percent, while other countries host below 2 percent.

Across Europe, Syrians have been consistently afforded an international protection status, with the vast majority either been granted refugee status or subsidiary forms of protection while the minority benefiting from other humanitarian statuses. Since the onset of the Syrian crisis in 2011, far over one million (1,076,360) international protection decisions on applications by Syrians have been taken by asylum authorities in EU+ countries.

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

US, Canada, UK, France, Italy, German, Spain -- the entire EU is available in small or large amounts .  50K, 75K, 10K.  If 1,000,000 Syrians can get to EU by themselves, anything is possible. 

European countries host over 1 million Syrian asylum-seekers and refugees, with the 70 per cent being hosted in two countries only: Germany (59 percent) and Sweden (11 percent). This makes Germany the fifth largest host country globally, hosting over 1 million in total, of which over half (560,000) are Syrians. Austria, Greece, the Netherlands and France host between 2 to 5 percent, while other countries host below 2 percent.

Across Europe, Syrians have been consistently afforded an international protection status, with the vast majority either been granted refugee status or subsidiary forms of protection while the minority benefiting from other humanitarian statuses. Since the onset of the Syrian crisis in 2011, far over one million (1,076,360) international protection decisions on applications by Syrians have been taken by asylum authorities in EU+ countries.

Yes, and following EU politics it has caused a lot of internal issues. See the riots in Sweden? Holland?

Plus the EU should absorb Africa, the US Latin America, and in a perfect world the Arabs would help the Palestinians.

1 minute ago, Thetexashammer said:

The very definition of a Palestinian is refugee status. That is the sine qua non of their being. It is pretty normal to resettle refugees. 

Technically they are internally displaced people if outside their home but within the borders of Israel. Might sound like a nit pick, but it really impacts what and how much aid they have. The right to resettle has to be agreed to by the nation receiving them.

35 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Oh I know the Arab world won’t take them. I’d be really reticent to have them in US borders. 

37 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yes, and following EU politics it has caused a lot of internal issues. See the riots in Sweden? Holland?

Plus the EU should absorb Africa, the US Latin America, and in a perfect world the Arabs would help the Palestinians.

Palestinians are not the rioters in those nations, besides those were few and muted.

The difference between Africa/Latin America is that the west isn't backing those regimes causing the human misery as the west supports Israel. The west is directly responsible for Palestinian misery caused by Israel. 

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Palestinians are not the rioters in those nations, besides those were few and muted.

The difference between Africa/Latin America is that the west isn't backing those regimes causing the human misery as the west supports Israel. The west is directly responsible for Palestinian misery caused by Israel. 

Where I mainly agree with you, I do differ on parts of Africa. But that is another thread.

Concerning the riots. I understand they were not Palestine based, but the far right in the EU will not let that happen. Look at the Med and the problems with migration from North Africa.

26 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Where I mainly agree with you, I do differ on parts of Africa. But that is another thread.

Concerning the riots. I understand they were not Palestine based, but the far right in the EU will not let that happen. Look at the Med and the problems with migration from North Africa.

the far right will easily accept the idea if Israel pushes it , best to do that discreetly, because the far right is buddies with the far right in Israel. 

22 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

the far right will easily accept the idea if Israel pushes it , best to do that discreetly, because the far right is buddies with the far right in Israel. 

Don't think so. But hey, I get it. You think they should leave so others can come in. A very similar argument is heard around the world, and yes, supported by external countries, we just do not hear about it. Sudan, Mali, Burma to give you three.

3 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I'm not trying to disagree. Or thread shit. But having lived in the general area for my entire life and having attended Temple Shalom, I can tell you that there are about 75K Jewish residents in the Dallas Area. And about 60K probably live within 7.5 miles of there. Including Temple Emanu-EL which was founded in 1875. As well as the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas. I believe the Neiman Marcus Family as well and Mark Cuban live either in Preston Hollow or pretty close. 

image.thumb.png.c63142fcbbb8bb61ab6bc20cc787ec09.png

• Hook 'Em 2