2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Odds are high that Westbrook will go full bitch mode again before this game is over. 

He tried to injure Luka there. Can’t believe they aren’t discussing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
14 minutes ago, ITHorn said:
The defensive intensity has been a blast to watch. 

We're moving really well

Yep. Cool to see Kyrie set the tone defensively when it hasn’t been a huge scoring night for him. 

Everytime Josh Green shoots a wide open 3, an angel loses their wings
Haha yeah. BUT Josh green had one of the best 3pt % in the entire NBA on corner threes this year.

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

This a good team yall

Seems like the Clippers have won 2 halves in this series and that’s what has kept them in it. If the Mavs would have had even just subpar halves in those games, this would be over. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Seems like the Clippers have won 2 halves in this series and that’s what has kept them in it. If the Mavs would have had even just subpar halves in those games, this would be over. 
Two quarters really. Q1 in game 1 and Q2 in game 3.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Two quarters really. Q1 in game 1 and Q2 in game 3.

I would say quarter 2 in game one(Mavs scored a historically bad 8 points) and first half of game 4.

Apparently nobody on this team is capable dribbling the ball up the floor other than Luka and Kyrie. 

Exum disappearing is not Something I expected.

I hope, if the Mavs win, that he shows up next round.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Rholl said:

I realize its hard to have 3 shot dominate guys but 14 pts in 6 minutes Hardy makes me think wtf??????    

IMG_4737.thumb.jpeg.abb276a8fe638462462d288657120c0a.jpeg

Guys this highly rated coming out of high school don’t normally fall to pick 37, no matter how bad they were as freshman or in the G league. Astute draft pick by the Mavs to trade up and get him. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

I would say quarter 2 in game one(Mavs scored a historically bad 8 points) and first half of game 4.

you're right.  i was not thinking straight last night lol

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, TxTower said:

Loved the shots of Ballmer watching his overpaid goon squad implode.

Need to finish them off Friday.

Agree. Really do not want to go back to LA. That's too much like the last series we played them. 

I expect the Clippers will play desperate and shoot closer to their average in Game 6. It's going to be a tight one. This really comes down to not falling behind by 20 and then I like our chances. 

11 hours ago, LurkingHorn said:

damn Sunday afternoon games.  thankfully those are done.  let's just close this out on Friday night and not worry about a Sunday (night) game.

Posted (edited)

It would be nice to get the three days rest by closing out things at home Friday night. Don't really like the idea of pretty much heading straight to OKC from LA after finishing up a 7 game series.

Edited by ITHorn

10 hours ago, Rholl said:

I realize its hard to have 3 shot dominate guys but 14 pts in 6 minutes Hardy makes me think wtf??????    

He should definitely get minutes like the few minutes before the end of the half timeout where neither Luka nor Kyrie were in the game. 

He should definitely get minutes like the few minutes before the end of the half timeout where neither Luka nor Kyrie were in the game. 
His defense keeps him off the court. I wouldn't want the other team to go on a run into the half.