Texas vs iowa state - 7pm on Fox

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

We are not winning the CFP with this dogshyte secondary.

This shouldn't be some groundbreaking revelation here.

You are welcome to disagree but as mentioned Washington and Oregon have the QBs to expose it. Milroe is much better now than he was in week 2. Marvin Harrison Jr would have a field day. We have been struggling with B12 scrubs we aren't all the sudden going to win 2 games against top 4 teams.

So you'd rather not have a chance to compete for a national championship? Holy shit you're one dumb mother fucker.

• Hook 'Em 3

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Don't care.

Would still rather make it than be on the outside looking in. 

The recruiting and hype bump from just making the CFP the year before entering the SEC would be nuts. 

Exactly. @Pimphand is a stupid loser bitch.

1 minute ago, TexasPride10 said:

This is false. The committee already set precedent in 2018 when they left undefeated UCF out of the playoff after McKenzie Milton tore his ACL in the final regular season game. I think they'll do the same to FSU this year.  

FSU isn't UCF....bad comparison IMO.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

UCF played 1 ranked team that entire year, playing in the 6th ranked conference.

FSU has played 2 ranked teams and will play one more in Louisville, in the 4th ranked conference.  Way different resumes. 

There were also 3 undefeated P5 teams in 2018 + 12-1 Oklahoma (beat 3 ranked teams) + 12-1 Ohio State (beat 5 ranked teams) ahead of UCF. 

• Like 1

This team is not winning the CFP so it isn't like missing it is the end of the world.
It would be nice to rub aggy nose in the shit of having beaten them there despite all their WRTS dipshitterty. I'd almost rather go to a bowl win it and start next season on a 7 game winning streak to be honest.

I remember that Ohio State team that kept playing teams close and people wanted to discount them for it. So they beat Miami for the title.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pimphand said:

This team is not winning the CFP so it isn't like missing it is the end of the world.

It would be nice to rub aggy nose in the shit of having beaten them there despite all their WRTS dipshitterty. I'd almost rather go to a bowl win it and start next season on a 7 game winning streak to be honest.

Oh come on. How are you going to talk about aggy dipshittery and then say not making the playoff might be better than making it?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

This is false. The committee already set precedent in 2018 when they left undefeated UCF out of the playoff after McKenzie Milton tore his ACL in the final regular season game. I think they'll do the same to FSU this year.  

They were never going to let UCF in the playoff. They will not be leaving an undefeated power 5 champion out.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

This team could beat Michigan or Ohio state. Washington is a mismatch I would put in their favor. Alabama would be another close game. 

Wtf you talking about? 

My girlfriend is a Michigan alum, so I've watched most of their games this year. They are very run heavy, and there's not a single receiver on their team that would scare me. They also haven't faced a front seven like ours all year. Take away their run game and we would beat them by 2 touchdowns. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

You are welcome to disagree but as mentioned Washington and Oregon have the QBs to expose it. Milroe is much better now than he was in week 2. Marvin Harrison Jr would have a field day. We have been struggling with B12 scrubs we aren't all the sudden going to win 2 games against top 4 teams.

dogshyte?  🙄

And you analysis of our chances with our secondary forgets to consider what kind of pressure our DLine manages in a fairly-called game where the opposing OLine is not allowed to hold with impunity.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Eh, I think this team is just built to play in similar games, no matter the competition. On offense, we have a pretty tight band in the number of points we've scored. We just tend to score around 30 no matter who we play (26-40 for the season). Compare that to potential competition: Washington (15-59); Alabama (17-66); Georgia (24-52); Oregon (33-81); FSU (24-58); Ohio State (17-63); Michigan (24-52).  Our defense is built to stop the run and typically dominated the line of scrimmage. We struggle with extended coverage, but with non-big 12 refs, I expect our pass rush will suddenly be more effective. We played essentially the same Washington team last year to a one score game with a severely diminished roster. I really don't think Milroe looks all that different, Alabama just panicked prematurely in reaction to the game against us, and the matchup in the trenches would turn out the same.  Georgia only looks unbeatable when it dominates the line of scrimmage. That isn't happening against us. Oregon looks good, but is hard to judge their competition. They also try really hard to stay balanced, which would actually play into our hands. I'd expect close games against any of these teams versus Texas. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

My girlfriend is a Michigan alum, so I've watched most of their games this year. They are very run heavy, and there's not a single receiver on their team that would scare me. They also haven't faced a front seven like ours all year. Take away their run game and we would beat them by 2 touchdowns. 

1.  2 is a pretty big ask for this team for whatever fucking reason. But agree