Cowboys v Lions

rage-a-holic

6 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

Here's a screenshot of 58 and 68 walking to the ref and being acknowledged about 2 seconds before your two screenshots.

4b970c9fdc28b7241f01c4423145430d.jpg

you are assuming 58 and 68 have been acknowledged or even said anything.  he's not even looking at them. why do people keep doing this?

dumbass aggy coach and Goff were probably happy 70 got announced as eligible.  "this is great, they think 70 is eligible our super secret squirrel play will work"

dumbasses just like McCarthy.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

you are assuming 58 and 68 have been acknowledged or even said anything.  he's not even looking at them. why do people keep doing this?

dumbass aggy coach and Goff were probably happy 70 got announced as eligible.  "this is great, they think 70 is eligible our super secret squirrel play will work"

dumbasses just like McCarthy.

McCarthy’s pass play on 2nd down was a fire-able offense, IMHO. Run the freaking ball there and force a TO. I almost have to believe the free rusher made Dake just throw it OOB where 3 was running the route. Nothing else about it makes sense otherwise.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Judging by this refs history I think it’s reasonable to say he’s just a dog shit ref and he should not be given any benefit of doubt. 

judging by the fact that Detroit is coached by aggy you can assume he fucked it all up by thinking he is smart and tricky when he really is a dumbass aggy.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, lilMAC25 said:

The official clearly announced 70 as eligible. At that point, Detroit has to correct it or 68 isn’t eligible.

The official clearly fucked up and called the wrong number eligible. The Lions players were huddled up to call the next play when ref announced it. 

Why do people need to be convinced that a referee fucked up? No one is blaming the Cowboys, ffs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, dcar00 said:

judging by the fact that Detroit is coached by aggy you can assume he fucked it all up by thinking he is smart and tricky when he really is a dumbass aggy.

What does the Alma mater of the coach have to do with a dog shit official fucking up his 3rd game this season on national television?

2 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
4 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

You have no idea what was said by anyone. You think he heard it and just ignored it?

You think it's more believable 58 and 68 just walked over to him for kicks? Right before the biggest play of the game?

If they walked over there but didn't say anything, or didn't get the ref's attention/get in his face to tell him, "Hey! I AM ELIGIBLE!", it would be stupid, but would explain how it happened.

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You’re so fucking brain dead. Official clearly fucked up here and it’s obvious. Take off those blue glasses you dumb fucking retard. 

you are fucking brain dead you dumbass. you have no idea who said what other than what aggy coach said happened.  70 comes running over and 58/68 are never acknowledged. 

Just now, dcar00 said:

you are fucking brain dead you dumbass. you have no idea who said what other than what aggy coach said happened.  70 comes running over and 58/68 are never acknowledged. 

If your only argument is huehuehue aggy coach then you don’t have an argument. Now sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up you little cry baby ass bitch. 

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

"Detroit should have corrected the ref's mistake" is not a reasonable point to be made. 

I don't give a shit about Detroit or Dallas, no dog in this fight. The ref fucked up, and we should all embrace refs getting all the blame for fucking up. 

how do you know the ref made a mistake? he acknowledged 70 and 70 runs over like he is reporting how do we know he didn't?

If your only argument is huehuehue aggy coach then you don’t have an argument. Now sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up you little cry baby ass bitch. 

your argument is you assuming you know everything that was said which you don't. Now go grab your fucking shinebox.

Just now, dcar00 said:

Watch the video again.  70 never gets close enough to the ref to say a goddam thing to him. The ref completely fucked up. Lions practiced this play all week, you think the players just accidentally called the wrong number as eligible?  Wow

• Hook 'Em 1

how do you know the ref made a mistake? he acknowledged 70 and 70 runs over like he is reporting how do we know he didn't?

your argument is you assuming you know everything that was said which you don't. Now go grab your fucking shinebox.

I tend to side with the side that hasn’t botched 3 games this season alone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

Your bias is showing. Video evidence supports everything Dan Campbell and the players are saying. 

That doesn't mean the Cowboys are Satan, or the Cowboys suck, or there is a pro-Cowboys conspiracy. It's just using common sense directing all the blame at that ref. 

• Hook 'Em 3

"Detroit should have corrected the ref's mistake" is not a reasonable point to be made. 

I don't give a shit about Detroit or Dallas, no dog in this fight. The ref fucked up, and we should all embrace refs getting all the blame for fucking up. 

I'd rather Dez Bryant got credit for fucking catching the pass, because he actually caught the damn pass, but the refs always screw Dallas when they're playing the Wisco meat stuffers in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Just now, Minute Bull said:

Watch the video again.  70 never gets close enough to the ref to say a goddam thing to him. The ref completely fucked up. Lions practiced this play all week, you think the players just accidentally called the wrong number as eligible?  Wow

huh? players don't call the number eligible.

4 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Your bias is showing. Video evidence supports everything Dan Campbell and the players are saying. 

That doesn't mean the Cowboys are Satan, or the Cowboys suck, or there is a pro-Cowboys conspiracy. It's just using common sense directing all the blame at that ref. 

• Hook 'Em 3

huh? players don't call the number eligible.

Let's break this down one more time. 

#68 is in the huddle. Goff tells him to go report (there is video of this). 70 is running on to the field towards the ref, who is talking with 68. The ref walks away before 70 can even go "fake" report to him, which was their plan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Let's break this down one more time. 

#68 is in the huddle. Goff tells him to go report (there is video of this). 70 is running on to the field towards the ref, who is talking with 68. The ref walks away before 70 can even go "fake" report to him, which was their plan. 

goff also tells 58 to "report".  The ref doesn't appear to talk to 58 or 68.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Minute Bull said:

Players tell the ref “I’m reporting as eligible”. Then the ref reports it to the defense

correct.  the ref reports the number.  

lol your arguments are more Aggie than the Aggie head coach you are bitching about. Go to bed dumb fuck

you are divining information. now about that shinebox.  hit the rack dumbass.

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

And the refs calling the wrong player (Dallas TE instead of Detroit DE) for tripping on the previous Dallas drive didn’t have similar implications?

that incorrect call nearly cost Dallas the game.

IMG_3845.thumb.png.08844f41ea73a9a208f7649007d5ca42.png

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Ha!

And when the Cowboys gets screwed over by the refs, like saying Dez Bryant didn't catch the ball, it's suddenly NOT an "egregious" error by the refs.

I don't think the refs screwed up this reporting story, but even if it happened as their fans claim, I have no sympathy.

5 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

And the refs calling the wrong player (Dallas TE instead of Detroit DE) for tripping on the previous Dallas drive didn’t have similar implications?

that incorrect call nearly cost Dallas the game.

IMG_3845.thumb.png.08844f41ea73a9a208f7649007d5ca42.png

Yep! Agree!

• Hook 'Em 1

he's looking in the general direction of 70 and 68 but before that he looks at 70 running on the field

Good fucking grief. 

The ref is nodding and acknowledging 68. Maybe the ref caught a glance of 70's number at last second and his brain melted and reported 70 on accident. Honestly, I think it's likely that happened. 

But. The. Ref. Fucked. Up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Great fuckin' pick

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

that penalty gave them life.  unbelievable.  A trip is called something like twice a year.

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Nice penalty you absolute dumbfuck. 

For the record, the officials literally called that on the wrong player and team.

IMG_3845.thumb.png.4393623275ec17a6d07ecd8d8a7dfbae.png

somehow this was a tripping call on 89 in blue.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Good fucking grief. 

The ref is nodding and acknowledging 68. Maybe the ref caught a glance of 70's number at last second and his brain melted and reported 70 on accident. Honestly, I think it's likely that happened. 

But. The. Ref. Fucked. Up. 

you can't tell if he is acknowledging 68 or 70 who is running straight at him, basically in the same line as 68,and then peels off. 70 had also reported eligible a few times previously.  not sure if he did it by running on the field like that though.

why is 58 there also?

33 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:
39 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

That ref is going to deservedly get held over the coals. Not only for tonight's mistake but also for being part of the crew for those two other games. Why is he even bothering to explain his side when the replay clearly shows it couldn't have happened that way?

Huh? The video clearly shows Allen looking at and pointing at Skipper. Why are y'all posting screenshots instead of video? 

2 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

For the record, the officials literally called that on the wrong player and team.

IMG_3845.thumb.png.4393623275ec17a6d07ecd8d8a7dfbae.png

somehow this was a tripping call on 89 in blue.

to be honest, it looked totally innocuous for either player.  their legs got tangled up.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Huh? The video clearly shows Allen looking at and pointing at Skipper. Why are y'all posting screenshots instead of video? 

Forget it Jake, its Chinatown.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Because you have to win the argument and only showing the snippets that prove your point and not the parts that prove you wrong helps to do that. (I’m guilty of the same thing).

Please show me where 70 gets close enough to the ref to tell him he’s reporting as eligible.  Post a screen shot please. I’ll wait.

huh he gets about 10 feet from him and the ref points at him.  he could easily be saying he is eligible. Also, the ref says 70 reported eligible previously in the game.  would be interesting to see what he did in those cases.

3 minutes ago, Minute Bull said:

Please show me where 70 gets close enough to the ref to tell him he’s reporting as eligible.  Post a screen shot please. I’ll wait.

Are you claiming that humans can’t hear each other at distance over 2-3 yards?

Edited by lilMAC25

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

the other interesting thing is that you could easily say that the receiver on the right is not covering 58 which would be a penalty along with 5 in the backfield.

There are plenty of videos of Allen looking right at Skipper as Skipper is running on the field directly at Allen. Then he points at Skipper, then he nods, then he tells the Cowboys that 70 reported as eligible. 

And yes the Lions screwed up because they caused there to be confusion in the first place. They were trying to confuse the Cowboys about who was reporting eligible by having Skipper yell at the ref as he ran on the field while Decker tried to quietly tell the ref he was reporting. The screwup is that there is no fucking point to doing that because the referee tells the defense the number that has reported eligible. Campbell completely Aggied up the situation. All they had to do was have 68 and only 68 walk up to the ref but they tried to get cute for no reason whatsoever. 

played-yourself-dj-khaled.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

you can't tell if he is acknowledging 68 or 70 who is running straight at him, basically in the same line as 68,and then peels off. 70 had also reported eligible a few times previously.  not sure if he did it by running on the field like that though.

why is 58 there also?

Holy fucking shit. Postgame, 70 said he never said a word to the ref on that play. You can actually seem him make that argument on the sidelines as well. 

This was a DESIGNED play. These players practiced it. They know their duties. It was so planned that Campbell discussed it with the refs BEFORE the goddamn game. It was a bit of gamesmanship that 3 OL were supposed to go up to the ref to confuse Dallas. Is it necessary? I don't now. Is it stupid? Maybe. Who fucking cares. That is no the issue, dude.

If the fucking ref did his job and reported 68 correctly, maybe the Cowboy defense doesn't pay close attention and properly defend 68. That's what Detroit is probably hoping for. Maybe if the fucking ref did his job and reported 68, maybe Dallas D defends him well and picks off the ball for a 2 point return and they win by 3. I don't fucking know. 

All is know is THE REF FUCKED UP.  T

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

There are plenty of videos of Allen looking right at Skipper as Skipper is running on the field directly at Allen. Then he points at Skipper, then he nods, then he tells the Cowboys that 70 reported as eligible. 

And yes the Lions screwed up because they caused there to be confusion in the first place. They were trying to confuse the Cowboys about who was reporting eligible by having Skipper yell at the ref as he ran on the field while Decker tried to quietly tell the ref he was reporting. The screwup is that there is no fucking point to doing that because the referee tells the defense the number that has reported eligible. Campbell completely Aggied up the situation. All they had to do was have 68 and only 68 walk up to the ref but they tried to get cute for no reason whatsoever. 

played-yourself-dj-khaled.gif

they also had 58 there and he lined up on the right side to try to cause more confusion

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

He  was lined up 2 down from the center (in left tackle position) on the line of scrimmage and then had a receiver on that side also on the line. If the receiver is on the line, any other player also on the line inside of that receiver on that side of the ball is ineligible.

Yeah, when I looked at that I thought he was lined up too close to the line and wasn't far back enough. If he was on the line, which it looked like, the tackle was not eligible, regardless of reporting. If the WR wasn't supposed to be on the line, it could have been penalized for illegal formation. A lot of that stuff gets overlooked, but it seems more and more there is a lot of gray area about what they will let go, and what they end up  calling at certain times. Refs need to be more consistent, and players need to be coached to line up properly.

Edited by DougO
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

Holy fucking shit. Postgame, 70 said he never said a word to the ref on that play. You can actually seem him make that argument on the sidelines as well. 

This was a DESIGNED play. These players practiced it. They know their duties. It was so planned that Campbell discussed it with the refs BEFORE the goddamn game. It was a bit of gamesmanship that 3 OL were supposed to go up to the ref to confuse Dallas. Is it necessary? I don't now. Is it stupid? Maybe. Who fucking cares. That is no the issue, dude.

If the fucking ref did his job and reported 68 correctly, maybe the Cowboy defense doesn't pay close attention and properly defend 68. That's what Detroit is probably hoping for. Maybe if the fucking ref did his job and reported 68, maybe Dallas D defends him well and picks off the ball for a 2 point return and they win by 3. I don't fucking know. 

All is know is THE REF FUCKED UP.  T

of course 70 said he never said anything.  and yes players never fuck up their duties.

Ok, let's put it this way. Do you think Dan Campbell is lying? Do you think 70 is lying post-game when he says he didn't say a word to the ref? That 68 is lying as well? 

But the FUCKING REF is the one telling the truth? 

of course 70 said he never said anything.  and yes players never fuck up their duties.

So you think the football players are lying. Got it. 

Jesus fucking Christ. 

• Hook 'Em 1