Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

The Czech collapse was painful, especially with the game seemingly under control and UH having such a shallow pitching staff. But Estelle had lots of help turning this one into an L. We really need to move Goode off 1B. 

• Like 1

10 runs should be enough to win the game for you, so this is on pitching and defense. I was not surprised by defensive miscues, but i was surprised at the pitching meltdown.  I don't know what was up with Gutierrez. Let's see how we bounce back.

At the plate, leaving Stewie on the bench in favor of Goode (who has only 2 hits this year against decent teams) was boneheaded, particularly since Goode is not good at 1st (no one is apparently).  In that little league park, you want all the power bats in the lineup you can get.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bschoolprof said:

At the plate, leaving Stewie on the bench in favor of Goode (who has only 2 hits this year against decent teams) was boneheaded, particularly since Goode is not good at 1st (no one is apparently).  In that little league park, you want all the power bats in the lineup you can get.   

Stewart wasn't an option as she is out this weekend. Not sure of the reason, but she didn't travel with the team.

35 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I wonder if we see Cimusz at first instead today 

She doesn't seem as prone to swing at bad pitches as Goode and a walk is a lot better than a SO.

But when the team gives up 6 ER and loses 12-10 you sure can't blame the offense.

4 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

She doesn't seem as prone to swing at bad pitches as Goode and a walk is a lot better than a SO.

But when the team gives up 6 ER and loses 12-10 you sure can't blame the offense.

Nope, but some of those missed catches At 1B may have been completed by Cimusz or Stewie and then that big inning for UH doesn’t happen 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I feel like Cimusz has been a little overlooked in her time here.  She's a good defender and a solid hitter.  

She’s never found a positional home. She’s caught, played RF and 1B. I like her at 1B but then that knocks Stewie to DP, which means you need to get Mitchell in at 3B but then Scott has to go somewhere. So OF in place of Maloney?

Just now, bschoolprof said:

This tiny ballpark is joke in my opinion. 

You know our hitters are a little jealous of the height of the walls. We’d have some OU power numbers if our walls were little lower 

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She’s never found a positional home. She’s caught, played RF and 1B. I like her at 1B but then that knocks Stewie to DP, which means you need to get Mitchell in at 3B but then Scott has to go somewhere. So OF in place of Maloney?

I’d like to see her get more looks there. I love Ashton, especially in the field, but hate slapping, especially straight slapping. 

on another note, it looks like Kavan brought her A game today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tight zone for both teams in the first. Tough on pitchers to make good pitches in a little park with a narrow zone. 

TK is struggling with this zone 

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Texas needs to get the offense going again. We know what UH can do

Yep. We can’t go into a shell because we are up 5-0. Mike is still instilling a killer instinct 

10 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

So Houston is not, in fact, the 27 Yankees?

Yesterday was just a weird game. This team could stand to be humbled a few times 

• Like 1