Greg Orders Texas National Guard To Seize Park in Eagle Pass, Bars Border Patrol/CBP

atomheartbevo

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Oh I read Ahmaud Arbery.  To which I directly replied.  Any other cases involving two armed men of the same race in a emotionally charged situation from 4 states away wasnt considered.   

You're forgetting where we are. Texas. Where the guy in the title of the thread can give special "fast track" treatment to the convicted murderers he prefers and the state government will eagerly comply.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Just to make a point - there was ALMOST no prosecution of that murder. The good ol boy system almost buried it and if it weren't for the nationwide protests for BlackLivesMatter and their own fuckup to post the video as a brag some weeks after the murder, it very likely would have been swept under the rug. 

I just don't see that as an example of things going right and something to repeat. That's the safeguards barely catching the  abusers, not the normal and timely procession of justice.

Correct. And I was on the first or second page if that thread saying burn the guys down.   Still, people killing people, then being held responsible for their act is how it’s supposed to work.   I can’t speak to the asshole with an AK at low ready getting shot by an asshole hiding his piece in a car. Seems like FAFO applies well there, where it did not in Abery’s case. 

2 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So who do you call to report a suspected undocumented immigrant?  Asking for a friend.  

Elon…

This is an interesting and potent cocktail that the Governor has probably thought through (he's not as dumb as y'all think), but will ignore to appease his mega-donors and base.  

The cartels as a time-honored code, do not actively engage with U.S. Law Enforcement/politicians/Border Patrol/et. al.  But organized citizen-militia activity along the border where they do business may present an unintended consequence.  They own, through shell corporations and frontmen who are legit Texans, a not insignificant amount of linear mileage along the border on our side.  They also have several folks with either dual citizenship, permanent visas, or are even native born U.S. citizens who live in Texas and provide access to them while working square jobs/legit businesses everywhere from Brownsville to El Paso.  Thirdly, they work with Texas law enforcement officials to move product and people once it crosses the border (Juan in the busted up minivan doesn't continue on with the drugs to Dallas, it'd be too suspicious-he hands it over to LEO's to traffic it for a fee).  So now you add in gravy seal weekend warriors into the mix looking to go down to spots on the border to mix it up and detain or even physically restrain/shoot traffickers and mules from the cartels.  And they might be doing it on land that a "Texan" owns and has Castle Doctrine rights to as a guise for protecting business supply chain.  Plus conflicted law enforcement folks that have to follow Abbott's orders while still being involved on the cashflow kickback side.  This may get weirder than Abbott anticipated.  You get a bunch of Meal Team 6 guys with AR-15's down there wandering around places they shouldn't and nobody knows who is a citizen and who isn't and who is mucking up business and who isn't and who has this land and who has that land.  Shit can get conflated in a real big fucking hurry with lots of firepower to drown out the confusion.  Hmmmmm........................................

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Where the murderers will die in prison for their crime?   Wouldn’t that be our justice system functioning normally? 

I’d prefer murderers don’t do any murdering to begin with, and it would help to not have a bunch of fragile white men going vigilante, which is what happened in the Avery case (which, as pointed out, the murderers would have gotten away with if they didn’t post their own video).

Vigilantes running around murdering people out of fear or racism actually seems like an example of how our system is broken.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Where the murderers will die in prison for their crime?   Wouldn’t that be our justice system functioning normally? 

Yeah, they paid the price. But Arbery is still dead, right? For no reason other than being black. Maybe this isn't the best example but we're about to see racial profiling on steroids in Texas if SB 4 is allowed to exist.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Yep, this will result in legal apprehensions.  But it will also result in a lot of unnecessary violence.  And mark my words, either in the background of fire or cruelly targeted U.S. citizen or properly documented immigrant who "looked illegal" will be hurt or killed in the process by one of these dipshits.  And then this whole house of cards comes crashing down and then that's where it goes really off the ledge.  This is going to get real weird.  And the cartels are gonna stoke the flames and I see why.

And lets remember this is not only confined to the border region. I expect local yokels to be out raiding anywhere they can. So what happens? A crash to parts of our industry. Housing for instance. Would you go to work if you thought you would be arrested?

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

“This is uncharted because we don’t have any cases on it,” Texas Solicitor General Aaron Nielson said during arguments over the law before the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, which is weighing whether to keep the law on hold. 

Nielson could not answer several enforcement scenarios as Priscilla Richman, the chief judge on the appeals court, peppered him with hypotheticals. 

What if someone who entered the country illegally in Arizona moves to Texas after living there for five years? If an asylum seeker arrives in Brownsville and is given a notice to appear in federal court, would they be exempt from arrest under the law?

“I confess, your honor, I don’t know,” Nielson responded at one point.

Some law enforcement agencies said they had been waiting on Tuesday to begin enforcement, at least until the courts issue a final ruling

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/sb4-texas-migrant-deportation-law-chaos-19324260.php

Like the dog that caught the car, apparently Abbott’s administration did zero planning on just how the state can enforce immigration.

• Haha 2

Just dropped in to say this is what fascism looks like: social chaos ... death ... destruction. In the name of law and order!

This what you get when MAGA fascist Christian idiots still think they are battling Mexicans at the Alamo. 

The border wall has long been their version of Alamo 2.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 3