Greg Orders Texas National Guard To Seize Park in Eagle Pass, Bars Border Patrol/CBP

atomheartbevo

No matter what he does, Daddy Trump will never give a shit. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-takes-control-park-eagle-pass-citys-wishes/story?id=106309968

The state of Texas has seized control of a nearly 50-acre park on the banks of the Rio Grande in Eagle Pass, Texas, against the city's desires, Mayor Rolando Salinas said.

In a video posted on Facebook by the mayor on Wednesday night, Salinas said officials from the Texas Department of Public Safety informed him that the state is taking "full control" of Shelby Park to prevent migrants from illegally crossing into Texas from Mexico.

"That is not a decision that we agreed to. This is not something that we wanted. This is not something that we asked for as a city, I want to make that clear," Mayor Salinas said in the video. Images shot by the mayor showed the entrance to the park blocked off by fencing and military vehicles.

Shelby Park has been at the epicenter of Gov. Greg Abbott's efforts to deter unlawful crossings. It's a known staging area for the Texas National Guard and Texas DPS deployed to the border as part of Abbott's Operation Lone Star.

Salinas said he was informed the state is taking control of the park "indefinitely" under the governor's border disaster declaration that he renewed in December.

During a conference on Thursday, Salinas said he believed U.S. Border Patrol Agents were being kept from entering the area. "I'm sure that's going to be an issue that will be litigated between the federal government and the state governments," he said.

Gov. Abbott's office did not respond when asked by ABC News if CBP agents would be blocked from entering the park.Texas DPS referred ABC News' questions to the Texas Military Department, which did not respond to requests.

The move follows a visit to the city by Department of Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Monday, where he met with CBP agents.

NEW: The Texas Military Department confirms the TX National Guard has seized control of Shelby Park in Eagle Pass (city property where mass illegal crossings are), and is restricting Border Patrol from accessing the area, saying the Feds “perpetuate illegal crossings”. This is the area where Border Patrol has been cutting TX razor wire. Razor wire and fences are now deployed to block the area off from the public and federal government. Attached video is from our crew on the ground this morning as they began blocking it off. You can expect DOJ to sue Texas over this.

Texas Military Department statement: “The Texas National Guard has maintained a presence with security points and temporary barrier in Shelby Park since 2021. The current posture is to prepare for future illegal immigrant surges and to restrict access to organizations that perpetuate illegal immigrant crossings in the park and greater Eagle Pass area.”

I reached out to CBP/Border Patrol in the sector for comment hours ago - no response yet.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I haven't listened to the whole radio show that featured the governor, but that clip above from KVUE and his comment (near the end of the clip) is an illustration of how skewed everything is at this time.

His remark: "we are deploying every tool and strategy that we possibly can. The only thing we're not doing is we're not shooting people who come across the border, because, of course, the Biden administration would charge us with murder."

So um Governor, that weird phrasing makes it sound like a NON-Biden administration would NOT charge you with murder and you would have no problem with that. Certain elements of our society likely would cheer that and it's rather stomach turning.

Performative clown.

Generalissimo Abbott ordering the Texas Military Command (who even knew we had one of those?) to seize a park in Eagle Pass against the will of the local Mexicans civil government. It may be time to ride around in the useless gunboat again for the idiots at home. They are all so moved by the cosplay.

And the tough talk. "I'd shoot 'em to defend our sacred border! Our blood and soil will be neither diluted or sullied by the fierce and savage invaders from the South! Has anyone ever faced such a threat?"

spacer.png

They all carry fentanyl and come to rape and do crimes! These are terrible people! Open fire, lads! It's us or them!

I'll say again that I don't know what the solution, or even the problem, is with immigrants. I do know that villification and violence is just cheap theater for the idiots watching the TV.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Generalissimo Abbott ordering the Texas Military Command (who even knew we had one of those?) to seize a park in Eagle Pass against the will of the local Mexicans civil government. It may be time to ride around in the useless gunboat again for the idiots at home. They are all so moved by the cosplay.

And the tough talk. "I'd shoot 'em to defend our sacred border! Our blood and soil will be neither diluted or sullied by the fierce and savage invaders from the South! Has anyone ever faced such a threat?"

spacer.png

They all carry fentanyl and come to rape and do crimes! These are terrible people! Open fire, lads! It's us or them!

I'll say again that I don't know what the solution, or even the problem, is with immigrants. I do know that villification and violence is just cheap theater for the idiots watching the TV.

Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,

With the cross of Jesus going on before.

This hymn was mentioned recently. I certainly learned it in Sunday School. I think perhaps a reminder of the last stanza of this Christian hymn would be useful for those that deny welcome to the weary travelers. Alas, they are so hard of hearing. They've hardened their hearts. Ironic isn't it?

Onward then, ye people, join our happy throng,
Blend with ours your voices in the triumph song.

Glory, laud, and honor unto Christ the King,
This through countless ages men and angels sing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

NEW: The Texas Military Department confirms the TX National Guard has seized control of Shelby Park in Eagle Pass (city property where mass illegal crossings are), and is restricting Border Patrol from accessing the area, saying the Feds “perpetuate illegal crossings”. This is the area where Border Patrol has been cutting TX razor wire. Razor wire and fences are now deployed to block the area off from the public and federal government. Attached video is from our crew on the ground this morning as they began blocking it off. You can expect DOJ to sue Texas over this.

Oh noes.  They might sue?  Why doesn't Biden just have the military, I don't know, fight back?  Fuck these traitors.

• Hook 'Em 3

50 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh noes.  They might sue?  Why doesn't Biden just have the military, I don't know, fight back?  Fuck these traitors.

That's what I don't understand. Make an example of him. Rub his nose in it.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

His remark: "we are deploying every tool and strategy that we possibly can. The only thing we're not doing is we're not shooting people who come across the border, because, of course, the Biden administration would charge us with murder."

So um Governor, that weird phrasing makes it sound like a NON-Biden administration would NOT charge you with murder and you would have no problem with that. Certain elements of our society likely would cheer that and it's rather stomach turning.

Greg is saying the quiet parts out loud.  I have no doubt at this point that Greg and his fanboys would justify women and children being gunned down at the border.  

Talk about a minefield. Ignoring all the lawyering stuff for a minute: bunch of men with guns on either side of this. Not great. All the while the leadership in this state is posturing and posing because, heaven forbid one actually have a humanist take and work with the (checks notes) federal government on how to help solve the issue. Someone's going to get hurt and it won't be a politician. It'll be an innocent bystander or someone who was present because they were ordered to do so.

• Hook 'Em 1

Democrats need to start thinking of some actual fucking responses to GOP escalations. It turns out doing nothing doesn't pacify these freaks. This is literally insurrection and needs to be treated as such.

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Democrats need to start thinking of some actual fucking responses to GOP escalations. It turns out doing nothing doesn't pacify these freaks. This is literally insurrection and needs to be treated as such.

21st century Appeasement Policy leading into an eleven month struggle with an aggressor party is exactly what the GOP wants because history may not repeat itself exactly, but it doesn't have to in order to place fascists in power. It would take a lot of tact (by the administration) in order to bring them to heel on their escalations and thusly, nothing will happen and the first sentence will be the likely result (my two cent take).

It's also a big goddamned problem that the Border Patrol is actually supporting Abbott in this, and it tells you why the overwhelming majority of border patrol agents signed up in the first place (so they could abuse immigrants). They don't give a shit about what's supposed to be their actual job and don't care if some shitkicker losers point guns at them to prevent them from doing it, so long as those losers beat the shit out of some immigrants. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

My question is, can Abbott still masturbate when the first immigrants are murdered or does his tiny cock not work?

It doesn't work, which is why he engages in this manner. He's a man, and don't you forget it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's also a big goddamned problem that the Border Patrol is actually supporting Abbott in this, and it tells you why the overwhelming majority of border patrol agents signed up in the first place (so they could abuse immigrants). They don't give a shit about what's supposed to be their actual job and don't care if some shitkicker losers point guns at them to prevent them from doing it, so long as those losers beat the shit out of some immigrants. 

Yep.

My cousin - a brown-skinned, 5th generation border local -- was a BP agent some 25 or so years ago.  He joined because he wanted to be a cop, they were some of the most visible local cops, and they worked in an area and environment he knew intimately (he grew up in Eagle Pass).  He was stationed in Carizzo, but he relayed the story of him going home one weekend to visit his folks, and he stopped by the local BP station to shoot the shit.  They said they hadn't had any interdictions that day.  He said "WTF?  Have you even looked?"  He drove them over to the rail yard, and showed them all the hiding places he knew about from growing up there, and walking/riding his bike all over town.  They nabbed a dozen or so.

The point being....he eventually bailed on/was drummed out of the BP.  It was already well on the way to becoming a completely corrupt, proto-fascist entity.  The stories he told about his superiors, and their abuse of power, authority, their underlings, and detainees, were hair-raising.  And again, this was 25 years ago.  It's only gotten worse.  Much worse.  Shit, remember when Trump dispatched camo-clad shock troops to Portland -- a good number of those were CBP.  They have gotten way off-course with their obligation to be a neutral law enforcement agency.  They are openly aligned with the fascists.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was BP who killed that antifa guy who'd killed some proud boy in self defense in Portland.  They tried to claim he'd shot at them or some shit but they just assassinated him. 

• Rage+1 1

Is Abbott giving unlawful or unconstitutional orders as, presumably, Commander in Chief of the Texas Guard? Are there criminal issues under military code?

The Texas Guard should refuse to obey. I think they're already demoralized from being uselessly stationed down there already.

A lot of people need to be put in the barrel and thrown in the shredder.

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was BP who killed that antifa guy who'd killed some proud boy in self defense in Portland.  They tried to claim he'd shot at them or some shit but they just assassinated him. 

I had forgotten about Trump trying to turn CBP into his personal storm troopers. 

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Greg is saying the quiet parts out loud.  I have no doubt at this point that Greg and his fanboys would justify women and children being gunned down at the border.  

Gun down women trying to enter the state

Gun down women trying to leave the state 

win fucking win

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

No matter what he does, Daddy Trump will never give a shit. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-takes-control-park-eagle-pass-citys-wishes/story?id=106309968

Texas Military Department statement: “The Texas National Guard has maintained a presence with security points and temporary barrier in Shelby Park since 2021. The current posture is to prepare for future illegal immigrant surges and to restrict access to organizations that perpetuate illegal immigrant crossings in the park and greater Eagle Pass area.”

I reached out to CBP/Border Patrol in the sector for comment hours ago - no response yet.

Meanwhile at every Home Depot in Houston......

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

That's what I don't understand. Make an example of him. Rub his nose in it.

bingo, this is a step towards succession, Biden needs to squash this now

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't know if the state guard can even be federalized, but if not, Biden should federalize the Texas National Guard and have them arrest Abbott for insurrection. 

State Guard, no, they are not even close to the Texas National Guard (which is what Biden can federalize).

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The Texas Guard should refuse to obey. I think they're already demoralized from being uselessly stationed down there already.

The ones I know in the TNG are not happy.  These "deployments" are not what they signed up for, and are fucking up their civilian lives.  They have no problem responding to natural disasters, deploying overseas, etc., but all of them know that this border stuff is all about making Abbott playing politics and trying to stay in the public spotlight - while there are LEO-trained National Guard members, most of them are not and they are being asked to play cop and take photos with Abbott and others.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, Smax said:

bingo, this is a step towards succession, Biden needs to squash this now

Let rural Texas leave, this weekend if they want. New Texas can be hou, dallas, austin, and san antonio. 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, DaysOff said:

It doesn't work, which is why he engages in this manner. He's a man, and don't you forget it.

In the sense he can still use his hands, sure. But he will never climb the rise to pedestrian. Also, his actions will never be described as manly.

I don't know if the state guard can even be federalized, but if not, Biden should federalize the Texas National Guard and have them arrest Abbott for insurrection. 

Actually, I’ve got an easy solution. DPS won’t let CBP into the park, they’ve erected a fence and such.
Cool. Have CBP erect another fence rights outside the park. And don’t let DPS, or anyone else, out. Wanna create your little walled enclave? Cool. You live there now.
  • Hook 'Em 5

So we’re literally at the point of the simulation where DPS is gonna build a wall inside of Texas and make CBP pay for it?  Are we’re all just gonna go to church this weekend and still pretend there’s a God?  

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, I’ve got an easy solution. DPS won’t let CBP into the park, they’ve erected a fence and such.
Cool. Have CBP erect another fence rights outside the park. And don’t let DPS, or anyone else, out. Wanna create your little walled enclave? Cool. You live there now.

image.jpeg.b2b4861158ef50c3711415a8d86f8742.jpeg

image.jpeg.4cc26e036b780a2af14932a8e8cf11db.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/12/politics/us-southern-border-texas-biden-administration-supreme-court/index.html

Texas officials told the Supreme Court early Saturday that the state is “working promptly” to ensure US Border Patrol agents have access to a boat ramp used to launch patrol boats into the Rio Grande, a day after the Biden administration complained to the court that the state had effectively blocked agents’ access to a key part of the US-Mexico border.

“The Solicitor General’s late-night supplemental response was the first time that Texas learned of Defendants’ claim that its remaining law-enforcement activities in the area depended on access to the municipal boat ramp located at Shelby Park,” attorneys for the state wrote in a court filing submitted just before 2 am ET Saturday.

“Nevertheless, Texas is currently working to ensure that Border Patrol has access to the boat ramp for the reasons cited by the Solicitor General in her brief — namely, surveillance, patrol, and humanitarian rescue,” the attorneys wrote.

I gotta say, a lot of Republicans in Texas are too fucking stupid to ponder the fact that Republicans have been in charge of Texas since the 90s, and that Abbott held some of the top positions in Texas over the last 25 years, but illegals crossing was fine until Biden was in office and Greg needed a campaign issue.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Start arresting people on federal charges. They’ll quickly fold. Going to fed prison for abbott or letting the BP do their job = easy choice 

hell, arrest abbott on federal charges 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1