Greg Orders Texas National Guard To Seize Park in Eagle Pass, Bars Border Patrol/CBP

atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You people actually deserve the slimy reputation of the CR.

Look man, you come in here claiming we are all misinformed.  We are giving you an opportunity to educate us and (so far) you are refusing.  If that is 'slimy' to you, then that's a "you" problem.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

No. I have no idea who you are. Also, that part of the discussion wasn't about Hunter's laptop but about a tweet I'd posted about a Texas school superintendent that you'd somehow read as a complaint about Trump.

Your reading skills don't appear to have improved.

Keep digging into my posting history creep. I didn't even look and see what you posted.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Why didn't the they pass one when the Democrats had all 3 branches of government. This isn't just a Republican thing. 

Why didn’t the Republicans when they controlled all 3 branches in 2016-2018?

Abbott is absolutely wasting Texas taxpayer money for trying to score political points for his team. Additionally, with his provision of free transportation has actually encouraged more migration.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Look man, you come in here claiming we are all misinformed.  We are giving you an opportunity to educate us and (so far) you are refusing.  If that is 'slimy' to you, then that's a "you" problem.

I have posted facts that refute the narrative being spread in this thread. They aren't good enough for you, you didn't want to see them in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 5

Just now, Foosters said:

Can you tag your posts with like a "*busy" so we know which posts you are able to respond to, and which ones you will be too busy to handle? Or maybe you're on a break now? But you weren't a few minutes ago when you couldn't respond? 

You have google?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Longhornlove said:

Who is digging into who's posting history?

Buddy there's a big difference between linking to a prior conversation we had on this message board and threatening to dox you and send people to your house. If you can't handle a little criticism on an online message board maybe you should find a more comfortable place for someone with your delicate psyche to waste time during the workday. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Abbott is absolutely wasting Texas taxpayer money for trying to score political points for his team. Additionally, with his provision of free transportation has actually encouraged more migration.

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

2016- 2018 Probably because both parties hated Trump. Lets do one more 2007-2011(4 years) Democrat.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Buddy there's a big difference between linking to a prior conversation we had on this message board and threatening to dox you and send people to your house. If you can't handle a little criticism on an online message board maybe you should find a more comfortable place for someone with your delicate psyche to waste time during the workday. 

Maybe it wasn't you. If it wasn't I apologize for that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

21 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Why didn't the they pass one when the Democrats had all 3 branches of government. This isn't just a Republican thing. 

This is the bill that tried to reform immigration. It was proposed in 2021.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1177/text

Here’s how Forbes describe its provisions:

In February 2021, the U.S. Citizenship Act (H.R. 1177), developed by the Biden administration, was introduced in Congress. The bill contained many immigration provisions and would have put an end to the employment-based immigrant backlog within 10 years. It included a higher annual green card limit, eliminated the per-country limit, provided permanent residence for those waiting with an approved immigrant petition for 10 years and excluded dependents from being counted against the annual limit. (See here.) It also would have exempted individuals with Ph.D.s in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields from numerical limits.”

And, yes, the opposition was a Republican thing. Again, Forbes:

Due to GOP opposition and the 60-vote filibuster threshold in the Senate, the U.S. Citizenship Act turned out to be a messaging or placeholder bill that did not move in Congress.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2022/08/22/what-happened-to-the-bills-on-employment-based-immigration/?sh=2e77c7f85658

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

This is the bill that tried to reform immigration. It was proposed in 2021.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1177/text

Here’s how Forbes describe its provisions:

In February 2021, the U.S. Citizenship Act (H.R. 1177), developed by the Biden administration, was introduced in Congress. The bill contained many immigration provisions and would have put an end to the employment-based immigrant backlog within 10 years. It included a higher annual green card limit, eliminated the per-country limit, provided permanent residence for those waiting with an approved immigrant petition for 10 years and excluded dependents from being counted against the annual limit. (See here.) It also would have exempted individuals with Ph.D.s in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields from numerical limits.”

And, yes, the opposition was a Republican thing. Again, Forbes:

Due to GOP opposition and the 60-vote filibuster threshold in the Senate, the U.S. Citizenship Act turned out to be a messaging or placeholder bill that did not move in Congress.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2022/08/22/what-happened-to-the-bills-on-employment-based-immigration/?sh=2e77c7f85658

Come on now, you know how this shit works.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

27 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Thanks, I do enjoy disrupting everyone patting each other on the back for groupthink.

No, you refused to engage honestly and it turned into monkeys flinging shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Oh, I MUST be a racist too. Don't forget that.

I don't know of a non-racist reason to oppose immigration. Immigration is a net benefit to America, so it's certainly not the result of a rational and informed cost/benefit analysis. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Protecting it from what? This terrifying invasion force?

spacer.png

This doesn't look like a job for soldiers. These don't look like people to fear. We're not being invaded.

Maybe we should look at this issue in another way. Maybe one that includes compassion and humanity.

I would like someone who sees this as an invasion to produce some real evidence of how this is problematic. The large numbers of immigrants may be problematic but not because their dangerous. I'm not sure they're taking jobs from Americans. They work and put money into the systems they may eventually need.

I honestly don't have a great handle on what the problem is. If we do need to stem the flow and send away some of these undocumented or even documented aliens, I don't see a great country resorting to bayonette point.

There is no doubt that we need to do something to take the burden off of the border communities who have been left on their own to deal with this influx. Humanity instead of cruelty might be an approach we could be proud of instead of indulging in the idiotic notion that we're the tough guys treating these refugees as sub-human enemies.

I know this post is written in vain.

ETA Great job getting facts in front of the issue. Of course, you had to rely on the hyper-liberal Cato Institute.

I'm a scary brown man too so I can tell you that those people absolutely look like people to fear for a huge swath of this country.  Fucking snowflakes.  Every accusation...

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I have no idea who that is and no I don't work in fast food. Nice try though. Maybe Wildcat09 can be even more creepy and dig around to give you insight.
Are you even a member of this site....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Is it efficient use of taxpayer money to bring millions of immigrants in our country and house them, feed them, educate them and pay for their health care?

Yes. Sounds like exactly what the government should be doing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

They’ve had many chances to do something dramatic over the last three decades.   Problem is, plenty of BMDs from the construction, agriculture, and service industries rely on illegal immigrants and they pay, I mean donate, heavily to Republican politicians.  There is a reason why Rick Perry’s biggest donors for years were from the construction and grocery industries.  

2 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

And various industries are loving the increase in migrants.

If Republicans wanted to do something serious, they could dry up the jobs and a shitload of immigrants wouldn’t be coming here.  They could put some measures in place with the Social Security Administration and the IRS that would cut down on identity fraud, and they could come down hard on businesses and people caught repeatedly employing illegal immigrants.  Instead, companies and people get a slap on the wrist (if that)  for employing them, we keep telling everybody we are the greatest country in the world, and illegals that are here keep sending word back down south of the border that there’s easy and well-paying work to be had.

• Hook 'Em 5

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If Republicans wanted to do something serious, they could dry up the jobs and a shitload of immigrants wouldn’t be coming here.  They could put some measures in place with the Social Security Administration and the IRS that would cut down on identity fraud, and they could come down hard on businesses and people caught repeatedly employing illegal immigrants. 

From Reuters (2/7/22):

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which oversees Homeland Security Investigations, has said under President Joe Biden that it is shifting its enforcement focus at places of work. Instead of arresting workers for immigration violations, it is targeting employers who exploit undocumented migrants.
Poultry industry workers in and around Enterprise told Reuters that migrants, including minors, easily obtain fake credentials and supply those to staffing firms who help them find work in area plants.
The firms, they said, sometimes dock workers' pay for services, including transportation to and from the workplace, and deny them benefits like overtime pay, sick days, time off and medical coverage.
Labor law experts say large poultry processors at times have relied on staffing firms to avoid liability for hiring undocumented laborers. The staffing firms, as the direct employers, by law become responsible for vetting applicants and determining if they are allowed to work.

The large companies have found a work around: staffing firms. You will note in the quote above that the staffing firm shoulders the liability, not Perdue or Sanderson Farms or Tyson et. al.
In addition, look at all the savings and profits one can rake in by docking pay and avoiding benefits, etc.

It was "suggested" earlier that taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for the immigrant's healthcare...but it appears as if the corporations have decided that on your behalf because they sure as hell aren't paying for it and they sure as hell aren't going to stop using migrant labor. Where is the outrage against the exploitation of the so-called common working men and women?
Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Hook 'Em 4

The large companies have found a work around: staffing firms. You will note in the quote above that the staffing firm shoulders the liability, not Perdue or Sanderson Farms or Tyson et. al. In addition, look at all the savings and profits one can rake in by docking pay and avoiding benefits, etc.   It was "suggested" earlier that taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for the immigrant's healthcare...but it appears as if the corporations have decided that on your behalf because they sure as hell aren't paying for it and they sure as hell aren't going to stop using migrant labor. Where is the outrage against the exploitation of the so-called common working men and women?
Not really a work around, go after the staffing firms. And it's not just employment. Start heavily fining, say 20k per instance for renting/leasing a residence to an illegal.

The tools to stop this from within have been at congresses' fingertips for decades.
Remove the ability to earn and stay, and they'll stop coming here, but no one has the balls to make such legislation a reality because, let's be honest here, both sides of the aisle use immigration as a talking point.
The recent refusal by the gop to pass the latest immigration reform bill says it all. The GOP would rather play politics then attempt to fix the problem
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Smax said:

The tools to stop this from within have been at congresses' fingertips for decades.
Remove the ability to earn and stay, and they'll stop coming here, but no one has the balls to make such legislation a reality because, let's be honest here, both sides of the aisle use immigration as a talking point.
The recent refusal by the gop to pass the latest immigration reform bill says it all. The GOP would rather play politics then attempt to fix the problem

Absolutely the Republicans want to use this against Biden in November, but at the end of the day too many wealthy Americans and companies benefit too heavily from the cheap labor to do anything.  As an example, you can go to wealthy neighborhoods and those folks could do some work and determine which lawn companies are staffed by Americans, but they don’t.  Same with home builders who are swinging by day labor sites and Home Depot’s and the like, or putting out word amongst their workers to bring in anybody they know.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

So what is your point? I was right, the laptop was real and I have a job that requires me to work. Kinda part of the definition of a job.

You people actually deserve the slimy reputation of the CR.

Aren't you the creepy bastard that threatened to dox me and send people to my house?

How’s the WiFi on the ship, Swam?

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read on X or watch on the news.

image.thumb.png.64fbbeef8602795f3b7a482dff58e091.png

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/doj-filing-shows-texas-did-not-stop-border-patrol-from-saving-drowning-migrants/

Not only that, they admitted that the people drowned before the Border Patrol/DHS notified Texas of the incoming immigrants.

There's also zero evidence, none, that the Biden Administration lied about the timing of the deaths.  They said they got there too late in their filings on Monday.

Nonetheless, as Mrs. Whiggins astutely points out, non-professional border guards in the form of TNG have been interfering with the normal operation of CBP, which is no great shakes itself, but probably capable of saving a few people here and there.  That makes them responsible.

Even the letter from DHS general counsel on January 14 does not "lie." https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/24361467/letter-to-k-paxton-from-j-meyer-1142024.pdf

Texas’s failure to provide access to the border persists even in instances of imminent danger to life and safety. On January 12, 2024, upon learning from Grupo Beta, a group affiliated with the National Institute of Migration of Mexico, that a group of migrants was attempting to cross the river, Border Patrol contacted Texas officials and requested access to the border. Texas refused. Later, a rescue team from Mexico was able to rescue two individuals from the group, both with signs of hypothermia. Three individuals drowned. Texas has demonstrated that even in the most exigent circumstances, it will not allow Border Patrol access to the border to conduct law enforcement and emergency response activities.

Who is lying?  It seems to be "The RIght Scoop."  

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7

On 1/12/2024 at 11:33 PM, YGIFS said:

Are we’re all just gonna go to church this weekend and still pretend there’s a God?  

If you want to keep wasting beautiful Sunday mornings on that garbage that's on you. Haven't missed it once in 23 years

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/12/2024 at 9:18 AM, wildcat09 said:

Democrats need to start thinking of some actual fucking responses to GOP escalations. It turns out doing nothing doesn't pacify these freaks. This is literally insurrection and needs to be treated as such.

On 1/12/2024 at 2:38 PM, Smax said:

bingo, this is a step towards succession, Biden needs to squash this now

On 1/12/2024 at 2:51 PM, wildcat09 said:

I don't know if the state guard can even be federalized, but if not, Biden should federalize the Texas National Guard and have them arrest Abbott for insurrection. 

On 1/13/2024 at 1:16 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Start arresting people on federal charges. They’ll quickly fold. Going to fed prison for abbott or letting the BP do their job = easy choice 

hell, arrest abbott on federal charges 

I was going to say that the DOJ should issue arrest warrants, then a couple of US Marshals backed up by the National Guard, arrest anybody (DPS, state troops, etc) who prevent the BP from accessing the Border. Which is what would happen to any landowner (minus the National Guard) who prevent BP from accessing their property. Also an arrest warrant for Abbot, which a Marshal with National Guard tanks as backup can enforce. 

But then I read the below...

On 1/16/2024 at 10:10 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

So Abbott complains about Biden's policies and tries to take over enforcement of the border. Why the fuck is Texas having to pay for the protection of a national border? Is Abbott cool with saddling the protection of the entire border on the backs of Texans?

So instead, Biden should just declare if Texas wants to enforce the Texas/Mexico border, the feds will pull all federal resources from that border and let Texas have at it. 

If either of the above lead to succession, lets get it on. Its time to get this shit sorted. 

Either way, call their fucking bluff. Lets see if Abbot and his ilk have the stomach for an actual response to insurrection by state officials and law enforcement. 

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I was going to say that the DOJ should issue arrest warrants, then a couple of US Marshals backed up by the National Guard, arrest anybody (DPS, state troops, etc) who prevent the BP from accessing the Border. Which is what would happen to any landowner (minus the National Guard) who prevent BP from accessing their property. Also an arrest warrant for Abbot, which a Marshal with National Guard tanks as backup can enforce. 

But then I read the below...

So instead, Biden should just declare if Texas wants to enforce the Texas/Mexico border, the feds will pull all federal resources from that border and let Texas have at it. 

If either of the above lead to succession, lets get it on. Its time to get this shit sorted. 

Either way, call their fucking bluff. Lets see if Abbot and his ilk have the stomach for an actual response to insurrection by state officials and law enforcement. 

Secession

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

8 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Thanks, I do enjoy disrupting everyone patting each other on the back for groupthink.

A straight up admission to trolling, not educating.  Anybody writing a rebuttal is just wasting time--LL isn't here for that.  He's disturbed the hive in his own mind, but not really. I enjoy thinking and reading, so challenging me is an opportunity.  But that's not how Republicans want their education and followers to think.  They are the ones limiting education and critical thought.  But I'm just preaching to the hive of critical thinkers on this board, and not the trolls, whose brand is banning books.     

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 6:03 PM, HenryJames said:

a3c8dea5-0d9a-4a82-9290-61e561017b16.png

On 1/13/2024 at 7:09 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Abbott should be arrested 

On 1/13/2024 at 10:57 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Sickening …..

Pro-life party, right?

13 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

2016- 2018 Probably because both parties hated Trump. Lets do one more 2007-2011(4 years) Democrat.

Pull the fucking other one.  LOL.