Greg Orders Texas National Guard To Seize Park in Eagle Pass, Bars Border Patrol/CBP

atomheartbevo

On 1/12/2024 at 10:00 AM, Mrs Whiggins said:

Talk about a minefield. 

They're laying mines now?  Damn, I guess shooting and saw blade pontoon bridges just weren't enough.

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

image.jpeg.b2b4861158ef50c3711415a8d86f8742.jpeg

My kids tell me I've got a butt-chin like this guy.  That's all I got.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 1

So Abbott complains about Biden's policies and tries to take over enforcement of the border. Why the fuck is Texas having to pay for the protection of a national border? Is Abbott cool with saddling the protection of the entire border on the backs of Texans?

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

So Abbott complains about Biden's policies and tries to take over enforcement of the border. Why the fuck is Texas having to pay for the protection of a national border? Is Abbott cool with saddling the protection of the entire border on the backs of Texans?

....Because it's not about "protecting the border."  It never was.  It's about putting on a political show with dudes with gun and razorwire and shit, to show how super tough and mean he can be so he can make Daddy Trump love him.

Narrator: Daddy Trump hardly even knows who Abbott is.  And he will never, ever love him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2024 at 10:12 AM, Brisketexan said:

....Because it's not about "protecting the border."  It never was.  It's about putting on a political show with dudes with gun and razorwire and shit, to show how super tough and mean he can be so he can make Daddy Trump love him.

Narrator: Daddy Trump hardly even knows who Abbott is.  And he will never, ever love him.

"Greg Abbott? Who the fuck is that?"

"He's the Governor of Texas, sir. you've met him several times"

"Oh yeah, the cripple...Bad look. keep that guy away from me"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2024 at 6:09 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Abbott should be arrested 

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read on X or watch on the news.

image.thumb.png.64fbbeef8602795f3b7a482dff58e091.png

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/doj-filing-shows-texas-did-not-stop-border-patrol-from-saving-drowning-migrants/

Not only that, they admitted that the people drowned before the Border Patrol/DHS notified Texas of the incoming immigrants.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

On 1/16/2024 at 10:10 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Because the Federal Government isn't protecting the border?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you read on X or watch on the news.

image.thumb.png.64fbbeef8602795f3b7a482dff58e091.png

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/doj-filing-shows-texas-did-not-stop-border-patrol-from-saving-drowning-migrants/

Not only that, they admitted that the people drowned before the Border Patrol/DHS notified Texas of the incoming immigrants.

You need help getting dressed in the morning, don't you?

15 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

"Don't believe biased news sources!!!"

*posts something from "The Right Scoop*

On January 12, 2024, at approximately 9:00 p.m., Mexican officials advised Border Patrol of two migrants in distress on the U.S. side of the river in the area near the Shelby Park boat ramp. App., infra, 2a. Mexican officials also informed Border Patrol that three migrants -- one woman and two children -- had drowned at approximately 8:00 p.m. in the same area. 

An Acting Supervisory Border Patrol Agent went to the Shelby Park entrance gate and informed the guardsmen from the Texas National Guard stationed there of the drowned migrants.

8 pm is before 9 pm right. They were already dead and recovered.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketPDF/23/23A607/295753/20240115213955445_DHS v TX Second supplemental.pdf Is this link good enough for you or do you get all your "real" info second or third hand on X?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

Border Patrol was unable to visually monitor the Shelby Park area during the evening of the incidents on January 12, 2024, because, as of January 10, 2024, TNG has blocked Border Patrol from placing mobile video surveillance inside the Shelby Park area.

From the PDF.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Despite evidence to the contrary given the number of BP apprehensions, would you say this is an efficient use of state taxpayer dollars? 

6 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I'm looking for your answer however irrelevant it might be as the propaganda is already rampant. See below. One of many.

That's a reporter from CBS, who could've easily been erroneously mischaracterizing a DHS statement. If DHS lied, you shouldn't have trouble finding it.

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Despite evidence to the contrary given the number of BP apprehensions, would you say this is an efficient use of state taxpayer dollars? 

Is it efficient use of taxpayer money to bring millions of immigrants in our country and house them, feed them, educate them and pay for their health care?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Why neg me for posting an actual court filing?

i neged you for writing in that god awful color, while we may get childish at times, writing in some neon color for whatever reason should be auto ban

once again if the Federal Government isn't protecting the border, who is making the arrests?         

3 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Is it efficient use of taxpayer money to bring millions of immigrants in our country and house them, feed them, educate them and pay for their health care?

Things could be streamlined and made a bit more efficient like EVERYTHING our government does,  but yes this is something our country needs to do.

Why do you not want people who are willing to risk their lives to get here to work, to be here?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Because fentanyl!   

I just did the math (for a friend).  Build the entire wall and you can still physically pass enough fentanyl through one border wall slat, to a white naturally born US citizen for distribution purposes, in 5 minutes, to kill 10,000 people.  

traveling hundreds of miles on foot through the desert to arrive in the United States illegally to rape somebody has certainly been done.  But I just have a hard time seeing it as like the main monitor for the trip. 

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

That's a reporter from CBS, who could've easily been erroneously mischaracterizing a DHS statement. If DHS lied, you shouldn't have trouble finding it.

You know what is going on, the truth is secondary to what is "reported". If you can't see that after what has got on over the last 3 years at minimum, I'm not sure providing you additional facts are gonna help. You yourself have seen the tweets from Henry Ceullar who is a ranking member on a Homeland Security sub. committee. It was a lie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

Just now, Longhornlove said:

You know what is going on, the truth is secondary to what is "reported". If you can't see that after what has got on over the last 3 years at minimum, I'm not sure providing you additional facts are gonna help. You yourself have seen the tweets from Henry Ceullar who is a ranking member on a Homeland Security sub. committee. It was a lie.

So you still can't answer the question?

• Like 2

Who gives a flying fuck? A mom and two children died. That's a tragedy any way you want to spin the story. Isn't that terrible enough for you? 

So you can't find any evidence that DHS lied about these immigrants' deaths? Is that what you're telling me?

Speaking of lies, here's one

8 pm is before 9 pm right. They were already dead and recovered.

Nowhere in the legal filings you provide do they state that Mexican authorities had recovered the dead bodies before alerting Border Patrol at 9pm about the two surviving migrants who were in distress near the Shelby Park boat ramp.

I’ll bet $50 and all my rep to Longhornlive doesn’t start a sentence after church this weekend with “as a man of faith, I think the dead family’s loved ones’ biggest concern is the chronology of their tragic deaths.”   

Edited by YGIFS

12 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I’ll bet $50 and all my rep to Longhornlive doesn’t start a sentence after church this weekend with “as a man of faith, I think the dead family’s loved ones’ biggest concern is the chronology of their tragic deaths.”   

I'll bet he doesn't come back to this thread at all now that I've pointed out his lie. If he does, it will be to whine (with absolutely no self awareness) about how mean and unfair we are to uncharitably characterize an honest mistake as a lie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, royiv said:

I would absolutely advocate that we should reallocate resources from futile border enforcement to doing all of the things above and, hear me out here because this is going to sound crazy, implement legal pathways for people to work in this country and pay taxes. Instead we are spending crazy money with theatrics along the border and shipping immigrants across the country. 

Very much this. And again, why have Republicans crafted a revamped immigration policy to be voted on by Congress?

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I'll bet he doesn't come back to this thread at all now that I've pointed out his lie. If he does, it will be to whine (with absolutely no self awareness) about how mean and unfair we are to uncharitably characterize an honest mistake as a lie.

He'll do that in DT or maybe the Football board. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Smax said:

Then who is making all the arrest at the border?

36 minutes ago, Smax said:

once again if the Federal Government isn't protecting the border, who is making the arrests?         

this question cannot be answered by broke-brained individuals. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Longhornlove said:

Protecting it from what? This terrifying invasion force?

spacer.png

This doesn't look like a job for soldiers. These don't look like people to fear. We're not being invaded.

Maybe we should look at this issue in another way. Maybe one that includes compassion and humanity.

I would like someone who sees this as an invasion to produce some real evidence of how this is problematic. The large numbers of immigrants may be problematic but not because they're dangerous. I'm not sure they're taking jobs from Americans. They work and put money into the systems they may eventually need.

I honestly don't have a great handle on what the problem is. If we do need to stem the flow and send away some of these undocumented or even documented aliens, I don't see a great country resorting to bayonette point.

There is no doubt that we need to do something to take the burden off of the border communities who have been left on their own to deal with this influx. Humanity instead of cruelty might be an approach we could be proud of instead of indulging in the idiotic notion that we're the tough guys treating these refugees as sub-human enemies.

I know this post is written in vain.

ETA Great job getting facts in front of the issue. Of course, you had to rely on the hyper-liberal Cato Institute.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Very much this. And again, why have Republicans crafted a revamped immigration policy to be voted on by Congress?

Why didn't the they pass one when the Democrats had all 3 branches of government. This isn't just a Republican thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

I haven't looked yet and I am not beholden to you. I actually have a job that requires me do things ya know.

Good call, better get back to it before those scary immigrants take it from you!!!!!!!

(Let it be known: he is unable to back up the claim that the DOJ was lying, despite claiming that WE are all the misinformed ones.)

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

So what is your point? I was right, the laptop was real and I have a job that requires me to work. Kinda part of the definition of a job.

You people actually deserve the slimy reputation of the CR.

Aren't you the creepy bastard that threatened to dox me and send people to my house?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

I haven't looked yet and I am not beholden to you. I actually have a job that requires me do things ya know.
That lettuce isn't going to wash itself, or have you been moved over to fries?

And curious why the new account hifive is up voting all your posts

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

So what is your point? I was right, the laptop was real and I have a job that requires me to work. Kinda part of the definition of a job.

You people actually deserve the slimy reputation of the CR.

Aren't you the creepy bastard that threatened to dox me and send people to my house?

No. I have no idea who you are. Also, that part of the discussion wasn't about Hunter's laptop but about a tweet I'd posted about a Texas school superintendent that you'd somehow read as a complaint about Trump.

Your reading skills don't appear to have improved.

2 minutes ago, Smax said:

And curious why the new account hifive is up voting all your posts

I have no idea who that is and no I don't work in fast food. Nice try though. Maybe Wildcat09 can be even more creepy and dig around to give you insight.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2