Texas (-1) vs Baylor- Saturday, 11am on ESPN

shadow_operative

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

9:09 was the last FG before the 3 with 5 seconds left 

A lot of lockdown D was being played. And notice that Weaver played most of the last seven minutes.

I think some people don’t get it how important it is to have a great consistent defender playing.

Edited by BigTEAMLittleme

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

We turned the ball over ONCE in the second half and held Baylor to 32 points.

That was the formula. Won that game without making a second half three.

THIS is the way. Take care of the ball, defend, go to your best players, take it to the hoop. And let Weaver play in key situations.

3 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

You are never as bad as you look in the bad times or as good as you look in the good times. We were never going 3-15.

Always remember that.

Call me crazy but I sort of think we should let the season play out before we make any judgments on RT and this team.

Theyve got potential imo. Let’s see if they can put it together 

• Hook 'Em 2

I thought the rotations were way better today.  We are so shallow in the post that we have to go small for a good portion of the game.  Shedrick played "ok" today, but he doesn't need more than 20 minutes, and his health probably wouldn't allow it anyway. 

Onyema is so limited on offense that we can't play both him and Mitchell at the same time.  And really his defense and rebounding are also sub-par.  He didn't see the floor today, which I see as a good thing.  I would rather go small and give Horton, Weaver or even Chris Johnson more minutes at the 3 (and Mitchell a TON of minutes at the 4). 

Cunningham just hasn't been playing well at all and his minutes finally reflected it. He ended up with 10 minutes vs. his season average of 26.  That is where he needs to stay until he can find his shot again. Horton is a turnstyle on defense, but he can also get hot and spaces the floor better than Cunningham (especially when he is this ice cold). 

Weaver got 19 minutes tonight vs. 4 against UCF.  I really think if he would have played a similar number of minutes on Wednesday we would have won.  

I think our best lineup is:  Hunter, Abmas, Weaver, Mitchell, Disu.  That gives us a lot of athleticism and hustle rebounding.  It gives us pretty decent shooting as well, and we can run the floor. And if Disu needs a breather put in Shedrick.  If one of the guards need a breather put in Horton for any of the three.  But I don't think we can start Disu and Shedrick as long as they are both hurt.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Weaver is the play over Cunningham now. He's a better basketball player and a real offensive threat driving to the basket.

and he’s a 70% career FT shooter with a good looking stroke. our guards haven’t been nearly as aggressive as i’d like for them to be when it comes to attacking the basket and getting to the line. all of them can hit FTs, so i’d really like to see weaver playing more, as well as seeing all of our guards trying to get to the line more often. 

1 minute ago, HookEm said:

Weaver got 19 minutes tonight vs. 4 against UCF.  I really think if he would have played a similar number of minutes on Wednesday we would have won.  

I think our best lineup is:  Hunter, Abmas, Weaver, Mitchell, Disu.  That gives us a lot of athleticism and hustle rebounding.  It gives us pretty decent shooting as well, and we can run the floor. And if Disu needs a breather put in Shedrick.  If one of the guards need a breather put in Horton for any of the three.  But I don't think we can start Disu and Shedrick as long as they are both hurt.

Agree with that lineup. Also, when Disu was in foul trouble it was so critical that RT substituted offense/defense down the stretch. If you could keep Shedrick fresh and let him heal from by limiting his minutes a bit, he makes an ideal substitute when Disu needs to sit.  

Yes, Horton can shoot streaky and when they need a big shot, maybe you bring them in for an extra threat. But his shooting skill is offset by his being error prone at critical junctures—and for me, that’s why you don’t start the guy. Give me consistency. If Tyrese is off, maybe sub Horton in but otherwise I’m starting the same five you specified. Especially if they can get that level of play from Tyrese more consistently.

Limiting to one turnover in the second half cannot be emphasized enough. Reward consistency with minutes.

11 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Game shouldn’t even have come down to a buzzer beater if not for the worst foul call of all time on that phantom trip.

I am still floored by that call.

That literally was the worst call I’ve ever seen. And it was right in front of me. When they showed the replay, even the Baylor couple sitting in front of me turned around and empathized with my… dismay. 

23 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Game shouldn’t even have come down to a buzzer beater if not for the worst foul call of all time on that phantom trip.

I am still floored by that call.

How much time was left per this call?  I watched the last minute or so and didn't see it.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Blotto said:

Ha, I took BU on the ML +287 in the first half when we were up 8. Would have made a loss less shitty, but happy as fuck to lose that one. We needed that W.

I luckily took Baylor +3, which gave me the rare double win with the bet and the horns winning. I doubt it will ever happen again

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Weaver is the play over Cunningham now. He's a better basketball player and a real offensive threat driving to the basket.

It's beyond time for Brock to be benched. In the last 7 games he's scored 0, 0, 2, 2, 0, 5, and 0 points. 

He has 2 FGs in 7 games and he's played a lot of minutes. That's just insane. He's in a funk like I've never seen. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, BigTEAMLittleme said:

That literally was the worst call I’ve ever seen. And it was right in front of me. When they showed the replay, even the Baylor couple sitting in front of me turned around and empathized with my… dismay. 

Jay Bilas just woke up in a cold sweat, agonized that it wasn’t called a flagrant 1. 

12 hours ago, MotownHorn said:

Call me crazy but I sort of think we should let the season play out before we make any judgments on RT and this team.

Theyve got potential imo. Let’s see if they can put it together 

Remember, Tom Herman beat Georgia.