Texas (-1) vs Baylor- Saturday, 11am on ESPN

shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

IMG_6794.jpeg

IMG_6795.jpeg

IMG_6789.jpeg

kenpom has us losing 76-74.

2 foul participation 6.8%  328

some announcer was mentioning that on one of our games.  sometimes you gotta let your guys play and tell them to quit fouling.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

2 foul participation 6.8%  328

some announcer was mentioning that on one of our games.  sometimes you gotta let your guys play and tell them to quit fouling.  

In both the WVU and UCF games, Disu had to go to the bench with 2 fouls at some point in the first half and ended up playing less than 30 minutes after playing 34 minutes against Cincy (granted we were without Shedrick in that game).

I thought we waited too late to bring him back in as the game was slipping away after he picked up his 4th foul Wednesday.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, MrX said:

Why are we favored. 

it is funny.  Baylor could be off from 3 but by the numbers this could be a wipeout if they are on. 

We seem to shoot it OK and Baylor just isn't that great overall.

If Disu plays 35+ good effective minutes we have a chance. Baylor has a pretty good height difference but I can't say I know enough to know if that really means something based on the matchups.

i posted this in the season thread:

on the season, baylor is no.2 in the country in three point shooting (behind ole miss 😡), however during big xii play they are 13th in the league, shooting only 25.6% from deep thus far. now here comes Texas, 178th in the country against the three ball, and 13th in the league at defending it during league play. looks like a slump buster if i’ve ever seen one. 

^^^that’s still how i see it. we suck at defending the three and BU is a good three point shooting team that’s been slumping. add to that what will no doubt be a pro-baylor crowd for this 11am game, and sshhhheeeiiiittttt; i don’t see how we stay within 10. this vegas line is the only thing giving me pause.

Chances are we are in store for a few more wild swings on the rollercoaster this season because this conference is so damn unpredictable. We beat a good Cincy team on the road without Shedrick and are mapping out our path to 10 conference wins and now a week later we are wondering when we will win again.

Truth usually is somewhere in the middle. You would hope this team comes out with their hair on fire with the season pretty much on the line. Doesn't mean we win tomorrow but we ain't facing a top-10 team in my opinion. Baylor is beatable if we play to the level we've shown we are capable of in small spurts. Now if you don't have faith in us finding that level of consistency I don't blame you.

Edited by Hookem2147

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Where was the foul on Shedrick? Didn’t touch the guy. He tripped over himself.

Yeah I didn’t see the foul. That’s some more typical horseshit officiating 

Refreshing to see them make an effort to get the ball to Hunter in optimal position to catch/shoot or attack. Too many wasted possessions lately of throwing it to Hunter at mid court and expecting greatness.