Leftovers

Txslnghrns

Went to the local steakhouse last night. Ordered a CFS. Also had some jalapeño and cheddar appetizer that we didn’t finish. Had leftovers and thought I’d make an egg and some bacon in the morning to slap on top of this thing. Maybe I shouldn’t start an entire thread for this. But I didn’t really know which to add it to. Anyways, how have you repurposed your previous nights out dinner? Here’s what I’m starting with:

5d545363f2149efe9e43bf7df4c75002.jpg

I do this too. Onions, peppers, japs, garlic. Chopped up fries. Cast iron skillet. It’s great. Bacon grease earns more points.

Or… got frozen tater tots and want hash browns? Thaw your tater tots. While your onions and peppers sauté (really fine dice) gently break up the tots leaving you with tiny little cubes of potato. Throw in the skillet. They cook fast!

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Or… got frozen tater tots and want hash browns? Thaw your tater tots. While your onions and peppers sauté (really fine dice) gently break up the tots leaving you with tiny little cubes of potato. Throw in the skillet. They cook fast!

I posted these somewhere -- maybe the HEB thread.  They're awesome.  The ingredient list is beyond simple -- "Ingredients: Potatoes".  (They also have a shredded version.)

image.png.26fb9e46991faf6e7028ce0942f4d527.png

it's like you don't know the steel shank thread exists.

Who doesn’t know about that thread? I guess in my mind I just thought this could be leftover specific as opposed to “hey look what I found in my fridge/pantry!” They’re the same but different. If I have disrespected anyone I truly apologize.

7 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Many leftovers are repurposed into omelets.  Bacon cheeseburger omelet makes a great morning.  I used to hide leftovers in quesadillas when my kids were younger.  Fried chicken tender quesadillas slam. 

This. I'm gonna whip up a gumbo omelet when the Niners and Lions get to halftime. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Txslnghrns said:

Not even spaghetti/lasagna??? Everybody knows that tastes better on day 2.

So many Day 2 favorites.  I don't know how strict a rule this is, but it's something else.

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

I've lost count of how many times our leftovers end up in tacos. 2nd would be stuffed peppers. 

We use leftover pulled pork for street tacos.   Corn tortillas, cojita cheese, avocado and tomatoed with some Herdez green sauce.  

• Hook 'Em 1