Texas (+4.5) vs Houston- 8pm on ESPN

shadow_operative

5 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

We havent attempted a single free throw so far

Because we aren’t driving the fucking ball, something I’ve been complaining about Texas basketball for damn near 16 years.

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Houston is playing active relentless D the way we did with Beaird.  They're also more athletic than us. 

If we hit our damn open 3s it would get easier. 

and herein lies the problem.

Just now, Pancho said:

Because we aren’t driving the fucking ball, something I’ve been complaining about Texas basketball for damn near 16 years.

Correct, we are posting up Disu 3s, fucking stupid. We are scared of contact. We are playing finesse when we need to be pounding it inside. This team doesnt have the balls to get in a streetfight. Losers

• Hook 'Em 1

Sampson

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

and there it.  "Houston does a great job of playing D without fouling"  Disu has been fouled about 10 times tonight.

It’s not the refs. This is Men v. Boys.  These teams aren’t in the same stratosphere.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

and there it.  "Houston does a great job of playing D without fouling"  Disu has been fouled about 10 times tonight.

Stop making excuses for Disu when he is posting up for 3 the whole first half. Oh and he missed a wide open dunk. He is playing like ass with ZERO intensity. 

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Correct, we are posting up Disu 3s, fucking stupid. We are scared of contact. We are playing finesse when we need to be pounding it inside. This team doesnt have the balls to get in a streetfight. Losers

Losers?  No

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

we've had Disu inside multiple times and he gets bullied and/or fouled.  I bet we make this a streetfight in the 2nd half and then all of a sudden officials will feel the need to control the game.

the problem is our guards aren't good enough or quick enough to make Houston pay for the pressure D and double teams. Our guards are basically replacement level Jags, especially when Abmas isn't hitting.

Just now, dcar00 said:

we've had Disu inside multiple times and he gets bullied and/or fouled.  I bet we make this a streetfight in the 2nd half and then all of a sudden officials will feel the need to control the game.

the problem is our guards aren't good enough or quick enough to make Houston pay for the pressure D and double teams. Our guards are basically replacement level Jags, especially when Abmas isn't hitting.

Abmas has been complete ass, that I agree with. He missed 3 easy layups and has been making bad decisions all night. 

It’s interesting to me that we only had three fouls in the half. I mean Houston only has five, but still: are we playing aggressive enough? Would like to see some more Weaver and less Horton. This game is going to be won with energy and toughness.

Also, when was the last time Texas took a charge? I think Abmas took two against Baylor. But since? That’s one thing Beard’s teams always did was stood their ground and took a charge.  

1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

They are bitchmade, is that better? I dont know many winners that get outhustled and bullied on their home floor. These guys dont have what it takes to be a top team. 

Top team no but that’s been known for a while.