HCU @ #16 Texas (Tuesday, 2/20, 6:30p on LHN)

MuellerHorn

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Problem is we can get to Omaha on good coaching and teams getting better, but we probably can’t win it with big roster holes like we seem to have often under DP.

At some point though he’s gonna get the right combo of roster and health (which if the Witt injury doesn’t happen that team was pretty stacked) and get it done. 

The 2018 team had no business making it to Omaha with the roster they had. 2021 and 2022 both had rosters good enough to make runs even with whatever holes we had. We had at least 2 good starting pitchers both seasons and that’s all you need in that format with the off days (ask LSU). Obviously we know what happened in 2021 and 2022 just shat the bed.

• Hook 'Em 2

ztejas when he finds his scrappy, black gamer to cheer for every season for the football, basketball and baseball teams

Regular Season Nod GIF by MLB

Is there any way I could get a jersey with both Courtney Ramey and Trey Faltine on it?

I'd like to think Surly could make that happen. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Problem is we can get to Omaha on good coaching and teams getting better, but we probably can’t win it with big roster holes like we seem to have often under DP.

At some point though he’s gonna get the right combo of roster and health (which if the Witt injury doesn’t happen that team was pretty stacked) and get it done. 

Yeah there’s nothing I don’t disagree with here but most programs with the expectations that we do have good coaches but fall short on arrival. Texas isn’t the only one. I think the ‘20 roster was very complete with the pitching staff that would have been one of the elites in the past decade. Then in ‘21 we were pretty stout but blew our wad in game 1 against the eventual champs (winner of the elimination game to face vandy in the finals was the actual CWS champ imo). Hopefully as our NIL gets stronger we’ll see more Gasparino’s come our way with better luck in the injury department. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Levi said:

Yeah there’s nothing I don’t disagree with here but most programs with the expectations that we do have good coaches but fall short on arrival. Texas isn’t the only one. I think the ‘20 roster was very complete with the pitching staff that would have been one of the elites in the past decade. Then in ‘21 we were pretty stout but blew our wad in game 1 against the eventual champs (winner of the elimination game to face vandy in the finals was the actual CWS champ imo). Hopefully as our NIL gets stronger we’ll see more Gasparino’s come our way with better luck in the injury department. 

Our portal game will get better with the SEC move too. I know for a fact we’ve lost out on a few kids who were interested in coming here but wanted to play in the SEC and we couldn’t overcome that.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Our portal game will get better with the SEC move too. I know for a fact we’ve lost out on a few kids who were interested in coming here but wanted to play in the SEC and we couldn’t overcome that.

Braden Montgomery. Who else?

Skenes?

Edited by MuellerHorn

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Our portal game will get better too with the SEC move too. I know for a fact we’ve lost out on a few kids who were interested in coming here but wanted to play in the SEC.

Very true. Although I don’t fully agree with their sentiment. Good baseball across the entire country. 

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

DH Jack, put Galvan behind the plate and live with the defensive problems. Ain’t like Schuessler is great back there. 

Yes on both but Jack should have a shorty leash at DH.   

12 minutes ago, ztejas said:

ztejas when he finds his scrappy, black gamer to cheer for every season for the football, basketball and baseball teams

Regular Season Nod GIF by MLB

Is there any way I could get a jersey with both Courtney Ramey and Trey Faltine on it?

I'd like to think Surly could make that happen. 

Nevermind fuck this guy. Nice watch at strike 3, dickhead. 

11 minutes ago, Levi said:

*Gasparinos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I told my dad and brothers "yall don't need to tune in until April"

I'm far from thinking these guys are gonna suck but they have some shit to address leading into B12 play. 

I’m looking forward to how our pitching develops. I mean he was the pitching coach for Rice back when they were good and had solid staffs 

28 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

fuck that, we're Texas