2024 Astros Foundation College Classic

HendersonHorns

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

Following online, I can't tell if we're a bunch of Mario Mendozas or the LSU pitcher is Sandy Koufax...or both. 

Holman is a legitimate ace.  His stuff isn't as electric as LBJ's, but he is hitting his locations perfectly.  Throwing exactly what he needs to throw and the pitch calling has been very good.

He was the best pitcher in the portal and of course LSU grabbed him.  I doubt he even gave us a thought.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, troph said:

I don’t care - I hate loosing to coon asses. I really hate it.

Eh, it's not Omaha yet. Doesnt really chap my ass to lose a meaningless pre-conference game. They can go thump their chest about it all they want. All that matters is what happens at the end of the year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We aren’t ready to play any SEC team in a major league ballpark if we’ve learned anything in 8 years under Pierce.

Shark Tank Writing GIF

Did we let CDC know that?? 

Just now, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Eh, it's not Omaha yet. Doesnt really chap my ass to lose a meaningless pre-conference game. They can go thump their chest about it all they want. All that matters is what happens at the end of the year. 

Wait? Post season is what matters? Shit someone needs to rewind all the way to the beginning and explain this shit to me again. I’m confused.

2 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Why did we pull witt?

Cuz we DIDN'T need him to do more.

Good outing for him and then get him out. ALWAYS great to win, but these early tourney games are a test for players and to see where we are as a team.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Holman is a legitimate ace.  His stuff isn't as electric as LBJ's, but he is hitting his locations perfectly.  Throwing exactly what he needs to throw and the pitch calling has been very good.

He was the best pitcher in the portal and of course LSU grabbed him.  I doubt he even gave us a thought.

He’s a college #1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Ha, it’s more a running joke than anything. We don’t seem to play well in big league parks for whatever reason. 

Nah your right other than that year We were ranked #1 and Witt got hurt I don’t remember us doing to well in the major ball parks 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hondo said:

He didn't. 

He wanted  to stay in the SEC and of course with the returning talent and MONEY $$$ Tiger has, that's where he went.

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Nah your right other than that year We were ranked #1 and Witt got hurt I don’t remember us doing to well in the major ball parks 

And in OKC when the big 12 tournament used to be there.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

I’m buying all the Easton Tumis stock I can. 

He’s going to be next in line on the weekends in a year or two.

csb/ Friend of a friend knows his parents (which is common for you guys, but I live in GA), and he was really talking up Tumis last year. /csb  I wasn't expecting him to look this good this soon.

6 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

We will sic Texas St on them!

Hmmmm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Good things happen when you go opposite field, especially when you're struggling against good pitching.

Trying to pull everything hurt us in the post-season last year and I was bitching about it then.  Nothing has changed.  

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Texas fans have cleared the F out 

weak sauce 

We are passionate and like our baseball, but there some blood thirsty fanbases in the SEC who rival our desire to win.

We’ll be ready but it might be a bit of a shock.

Just now, Hondo said:

Good things happen when you go opposite field, especially when you're struggling against good pitching.

Trying to pull everything hurt us in the post-season last year and I was bitching about it then.  Nothing has changed.  

It’s so infuriating