Survivor 46

speed817

Tiff fell for the same move that they just pulled on Hunter.

It's not what I watch the show for but the crazy-off this season among Bhanu, Q, and Liz has been something.

• Hook 'Em 1

I cannot believe a grown-ass human being would act the way Liz did.  I see the husband bolted.  I cannot imagine being an employ of one of her "many" businesses.  And, the cajoling of her pissed me off as well.  They're all suffering.  Perhaps she would have been chosen if she wasn't such a .....

• Hook 'Em 1

Agreed. She is a SuperFan who chose to go on a show where she’s allergic to every island food source. She can fuck off. I’ve wanted her gone since day 1. So fucking annoying and that outburst was so childish. I was hoping she would get voted off.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I cannot believe a grown-ass human being would act the way Liz did.  I see the husband bolted.  I cannot imagine being an employ of one of her "many" businesses.  And, the cajoling of her pissed me off as well.  They're all suffering.  Perhaps she would have been chosen if she wasn't such a .....

Cunt?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yet another dumbass goes home with an idol in their pocket. The idiocy train is getting quite crowded.

And I can't get over the irony of Liz saying, "I'm so done being quiet when somebody pisses me off." Uh.... EXCUSE ME? You are just a couple of days from one of the most epic shouting meltdowns in Survivor history when a guy you tried to vote off the night before didn't choose you to go on a reward.

Her complete lack of self-awareness leads me to conclude that she is aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Well the island of the stupid needs to just sink into the sea. Outwhine. Outstupid. Outmoan.

Another f’n ball of stupidity.

I thought Marie was being an idiot but Liz blaming her for losing RPS was just stupid. Idol in the pocket. Dummies.

Posted (edited)

This island is full of sensitive players who aren't very good at the game, but I have to admit it is much more fun to watch than the kumbaya gamebots that we've seen in recent years.

Very, very glad that my premonition of Venus and Liz as final 3 locks isn't coming to be.

Think I'd most want to be Charlie right now ... but at some point, Q's survival becomes a compelling feather in his cap.  

Edited by Chuckie Finster

Posted (edited)

Definitely rooting for Charlie at this point. Maria going to rock paper scissors did seem pretty wild and poorly handled, but I’m not mad Liz lost out.

Bye Venus (or “Venise“ as written by Q)

image.thumb.png.38119f66ce82fd95a5dcec8ace018a89.png

Edited by LonghornSean

20 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Definitely rooting for Charlie at this point. Maria going to rock paper scissors did seem pretty wild and poorly handled, but I’m not mad Liz lost out.

Same.  Maria could have easily justified taking Q because he took her last time.  Saying she wanted to reward people who needed to eat was a mistake, and a bit out of character considering how well she has been playing.  

Charlie is clearly playing the best game. 

I find Kenzie and Ben both likeable, but I don't think Ben is smart enough to make any moves, and Kenzie keeps waiting for some reason.  

I do not think Q will be rewarded if he makes it to final tribal, but I guess that depends on who else is there.  If neither Maria or Charlie make it to the end, Q probably has a better chance than I want to believe.  

20 hours ago, LonghornSean said:

Bye Venus (or “Venise“ as written by Q)

image.thumb.png.38119f66ce82fd95a5dcec8ace018a89.png

She could use some Applebee's 

27 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

I thought not voting Q out was a mistake.  Venus would have voted with him to do it and probably would have voted with him again next vote when Maria and Charlie inevitably go after each other.  Whereas Q seems firmly in the Maria camp.

Just now, WBT said:

I thought not voting Q out was a mistake.  Venus would have voted with him to do it and probably would have voted with him again next vote when Maria and Charlie inevitably go after each other.  Whereas Q seems firmly in the Maria camp.

There's no way Venus would have taken Charlie to the end.  That would be dumber than going home with an idol in your pocket.  

Plus, there is nothing to be gained by showing his cards to Maria.  Continuing to vote with her makes her more likely to let her guard down, increasing his chances of voting her out once she doesn't have immunity.  

13 hours ago, idigTexas said:

Same.  Maria could have easily justified taking Q because he took her last time.  Saying she wanted to reward people who needed to eat was a mistake, and a bit out of character considering how well she has been playing.  

I find Kenzie and Ben both likeable, but I don't think Ben is smart enough to make any moves, and Kenzie keeps waiting for some reason.  

I do not think Q will be rewarded if he makes it to final tribal, but I guess that depends on who else is there.  If neither Maria or Charlie make it to the end, Q probably has a better chance than I want to believe.  

ben's the only one left thats not even playing.  he's just voting for whoever they tell him to and hanging on.  no chance of winning.  q is not really playing anymore either, since he's been the villain for the past 4 days.  he's the only reason so many have left with idols in their pocket.  every time he's been the slam dunk target.  amazing he's still here.  shows how the deception and lies are stronger with this group than past.  no one has had a clue or a hint of an instinct theyre about to be blindsided.  usually you have a hunch thats somethings not right by the way you see be talking or whispering, or the look in their eye when they're talking to you.  this is master deception.  hunter is the only one that had a feeling but they reassured him at tribal not to play it while stabbing him in the back.  never seen that happen before.

Liz is annoying as hell, but go a couple of weeks eating nothing but a little rice here and there and see how your mood is.  I'm surprised she hasn't killed anyone.  

Its self inflicted. It’s her fault she hasnt shit in a month. Put a ball gag in her mouth.

Posted (edited)

Q's was the biggest screwup of all the people sent home with an idol in their pocket this year.  When people who hate you agree with your plan to vote out Charlie immediately and with no discussion, most people would have been nervous.

Edited by kevwun

After watching four players in a row get voted off with an idol in their pocket, Q decides it was good idea not to play his.  The collective dumbass this season is too fucking much and all-time worst group of players.  Maybe this season can turn it around in finale but so far, what a bust.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Q's was the biggest screwup of all the people sent home with an idol in their pocket this year.  When people who hate you agree with your plan to vote out Charlie immediately and with no discussion, most people would have been nervous.

this has to be the best liars of any season. hunter was the only one that had an intuition he might be blindsided.  no one else had a clue.   we have to be getting close to a record for players voted out with idols in their pocket.

pretty impressive run for maria to be near a record for immunity wins by a female.   will be interesting to see how she handles being on the wrong side of the vote for the first time.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

If he plays his idol last night to get Charlie out and then manages to work with the rest of them to boot Maria before the final 3... I genuinely think he wins in that scenario.  An all-time unforced error.

1 hour ago, Chuckie Finster said:

If he plays his idol last night to get Charlie out and then manages to work with the rest of them to boot Maria before the final 3... I genuinely think he wins in that scenario.  An all-time unforced error.

She could have voted anyone but Charlie too. Now she’s on the wrong side and didn’t get him out. 

I’m confused by Maria. Why didn’t she tell q to play his idol if she was out for Charlie. She made an enemy with Q by telling him he was golden and him not using his idol. But Charlie was stupid taking Liz over Marie. He made an enemy there.

21 minutes ago, Texzilla588 said:

I’m confused by Maria. Why didn’t she tell q to play his idol if she was out for Charlie. She made an enemy with Q by telling him he was golden and him not using his idol. But Charlie was stupid taking Liz over Marie. He made an enemy there.

Just finished up the episode. Instead of posting my thoughts, I’ll just requote Texzilla. My thoughts exactly. 

I think Maria genuinely thought she had everyone on board for a Charlie vote. Just a complete and total misread on her part.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Texzilla588 said:

i dont agree with this at all.  you could have said that about the last 5 tribals where someone has gone home with an idol.  anyone could have told that person to play their idol but chose to mislead them.  thats part of the game.  kenzie knew people wanted to vote tiff, but never mentioned it.  she told them it wasnt the right time and mistakenly thought they agreed with her.  maria mistakingly thought everyone agreed to vote charlie so didnt warn q.

and i also disagree that it was stupid to take liz over maria.  i believe all 4 left are crystal clear that maria is going to win this thing.  it needs to be 4 against 1, and maria has to know that too, and that the day she loses immunity is the day she goes home.

what i thought was the most interesting part of the episode was charlie and maria sitting on the boat together saying how close they are and how i cant wait for my kids to meet uncle charlie, while behind their backs they're plotting and scheming to blindside the other.  

• Hook 'Em 1

My power rankings headed into finale:

1. Charlie

2. Kenzie (doesn't have the resume of Charlie/Maria, but don't think she has any enemies - and they've really emphasized her compassion towards Ben, feel like that will come up again)

3. Maria (she wins if she gets to the end, I just don't see how she will)

4. Liz 

5. Ben

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

I think Kenzie or Maria will go next, depending who wins immunity.

I think Charlie or Maria go next week, and the one who doesn't will win this thing in a landslide vote.  Kenzie going next makes no sense.  Liz, Kenzie, and Ben lost their chance to win by voting out Q instead of Charlie.  The problem for them is that at least one of Maria and Charlie will at least have the opportunity to make fire.  I know Maria has that skill, and I suspect Charlie does as well.  I doubt any of the other three could win a fire making challenge, but I could be wrong.    

I still don't see an outcome where both Charlie and Maria go to final tribal unless the idol gets put back into play (unlikely), or Liz, Kenzie, and Ben are the worst players of all-time (possible).  The only other way it could happen is if there were a medical evac of someone not named Charlie or Maria.     

If neither Charlie nor Maria win immunity, it will be fun watching them try to convince the others who is the bigger threat.  Maria's immunity challenge prowess could be enough to sway things in Charlie's favor, but Charlie is the bigger social threat and has never been on the wrong side of the vote.

I've enjoyed this season quite a bit, in spite of the historically disastrous idol management and poor play by some.  Charlie has been running a masterclass on how to play Survivor, and he is my preference for winning, with Maria second.  She loses points for not convincing Q to play his idol, which would have ensured Charlie getting voted out.  In other words, she made the same mistake as Q and the other idol non-players.  People still see the idol as a safety net instead of the powerful voting tool that it is.      

If Liz, Kenzie, or Ben manage to win, it will be a letdown.  None of them deserves it.