is there a good website for tire reviews?

I use Consumer Reports which led to Michelins. Been buying them for years and they are very quiet. TireRack also rates them highly. Not sure what the truck tires are like. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Toyo AT3 and Falken Wildpeak AT3W are two solid choices.  Lots of folks like the BFG KO2, but I would avoid it if you drive in snow and ice.

I pay a fucking fortune to live in San Diego to not deal with snow and ice.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

tahr

I was building fences in Industry Texas near Round Top and one of the guys kept asking for a steeple. I didn't know what he was talking about so I kind of ignored him. After he started getting agitated, I asked him what he needed. After a few more times, I figured out he was asking for a staple - the nails that are used to attach the barbed wire to the fence post. I was a city boy, so it was all kind of new to me.

Edited by Bevo

4 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

By the way, I’ve become a huge convert for buying more expensive quieter tires. It makes the driving experience so much nicer. 

There is no better value you can do for your car to improve the safety and performance than buying good tires. It's literally where the rubber meets the road...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So, I'm looking at Yokohama "Geolandar" tires. 

One website shows the tire twice.  Same  model number.  Tire A has a higher speed rating, a higher load rating, and better treadwear than tire B, yet, tire A is 40 bucks cheaper.  WTF?

One website shows the tire twice.  Same  model number.  Tire A has a higher speed rating, a higher load rating, and better treadwear than tire B, yet, tire A is 40 bucks cheaper.  WTF?

Tire A is Older "new" tires. Thrynclhod be trying to move them before their 2 year date. My guess anyways.

On 3/13/2024 at 2:08 AM, elfenix said:

this dude does the best tyre reviews

https://www.youtube.com/@tyrereviews

his website, a good source because it does meta-analysis of all the other reviews and comparisons.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/

that said, 2 disclaimers:

-its mostly focused on passenger tires rather than suv/truck/offroad

-save yourself time, just buy continental or michelin in whatever category you need

On 3/13/2024 at 7:17 PM, Gil Bang said:

I’ve ran those. Traction was good overall, but significant mud or similar I wouldn’t want those. Ran them because where I loved at the time just loved to use this sharp ass shale rock twice a year on the gravel roads. It was the best overall I could really find that had balance of aggressive tread and thickness. Still only lasted about 18mo a set (road hazard replaced every other set), but that is better than the 2-3 months I got from the Tiger Paws I’d had before.

What you really, really need to focus in on first is the terrain you’ll be driving on. That will make the biggest impact on your selection and whether you look at something like a Nitto Ridge Grappler, Mickey Thompson Baja’s, BFG KO2’s, Toyo’s or whatever.

I deal with some pretty muddy fields, especially spring, and ended up with the Mickey Baja’s, for example. Your situation is probably different.