The Acolyte (Star Wars Disney+ show)

mdmost

I'm taking my older kid to see Phantom Menace today. Yeah, the prequels aren't great put there's nothing like seeing the Wars in a theater. There's supposed to be a preview of the Acolyte at the end. I believe it's the fight scene between the knife girl and Trinity. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm taking my older kid to see Phantom Menace today. Yeah, the prequels aren't great put there's nothing like seeing the Wars in a theater. There's supposed to be a preview of the Acolyte at the end. I believe it's the fight scene between the knife girl and Trinity. 

1) Empire 

2) Return of the Jedi

3) Rogue One

4) New Hope

5) Sith

6) Phantom Menace

7) Force Awakens

8 ) Clones

9) Last Jedi

10) Skywalker 

Is necessary: 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

32 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Many, many people think R1 is better than Empire. 

To me that would be like ranking Creed 3 over Rocky. I mean, it's Star Wars. It has to be in the top two, and only because Empire is so incredible. 

On 5/4/2024 at 1:27 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

1) Empire 

2) Return of the Jedi

3) Rogue One

4) New Hope

5) Sith

6) Phantom Menace

7) Force Awakens

8 ) Clones

9) Last Jedi

10) Skywalker 

Is necessary: 

Swap 2 and 4 around and it's close to my list

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Did you think it would age like fine wine?

I thought it might age better compared to the sequel trilogy. Lucas at least gets credit for trying something different. The dialogue, Jar Jar, and some of the acting based on the terrible dialogue are really the only parts of Phantom Menace I take issue with.

Edited by mdmost

19 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I thought it might age better compared to the sequel trilogy. Lucas at least gets credit for trying something different. The dialogue, Jar Jar, and some of the acting based on the terrible dialogue are really the only parts of Phantom Menace I take issue with.

Take Jar Jar and that dumb ass ground battle out of Menace and it’s a pretty solid flick. 

Take Jar Jar and that dumb ass ground battle out of Menace and it’s a pretty solid flick. 

Then you’re left with a political thriller about a lush planet that will starve to death if it doesn’t get off planet supplies for 24 hours and a side plot about an annoying kid you wouldn’t mind being trampled to death by a taun taun.

On 5/4/2024 at 12:30 PM, mdmost said:

I also watched the Phantom Menace this weekend and came to the realization that it would have been a better movie if none of the shit they did in the movie happened. Literally none of the scenes worked even Darth Maul was stupid when you compare him to Clone Wars and rebels Darth Maul.

My reaction is still "Lucas had 15 years to write that and that's the story he came up with?".

"Oh no, because of the blockade, all of our people are starving and dying!"

Where? On that sound stage over there, behind the blue screen? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Its set over 100 years before that

Understood. I just hope they aren't trying to flesh-out a backstory of some of JJ's dud characters, as a tie-in to the current timeline.

• Hook 'Em 1