UConn vs Pistons  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Can UConn cover

• Uconn wins outright
    • UConn +45
    • Detroit -45
    • Detroit wins but wouldn’t cover

41 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

you could pick any team in the league, get rid of all five starters, and the remaining bench players would beat uconn like red headed step children.

A G league team would beat UConn by at least 25.

I'm kind of a sicko but I watched a lot of Pistons games this year. They're local and I have a lot of TVs plus Cade is getting better and is fun to watch. Anyway, my .02 is the current version of the Pistons where Cade and Duren have a fake injury every night, Beef Stew is ofs, Ausar is ofs and it's pretty much Jaden Ivey and 4 guys on 10 days....would still win, by a lot. Probably not covering 45. Detroit's best 8 would beat the brakes off of UConn. 

Posted (edited)

if they play a 48 minute game with nba rules there’s a 0.00% chance that detroit doesn’t cover. the only question is how early into the second half (or late in the first half) that it happens. the space, the pace, tye speed of the game, the size, the athleticism, and the fact that the pistons are fully grown, professionally trained men who have spent years with no school or practice limits just focusing on their craft and their bodies. i mean it’s seriously not even remotely close. it would be a bloodbath. the score would be something like 44-16 after the 1Q.

Edited by shadow_operative

UCONN could absolutely cover 45... NBA teams rarely beat the international teams they play by that much and UCONN has a lot more talent than most int'l squads.

They might lose by 30 or 40 but 45 is a massive line. They could muck the game up and probably drag out a 20-25 point loss assuming DET doesn't hit everything from 3.

• Hook 'Em 1