dallas hotel with good tv

futureman

staying in dallas soon.  please recommend a nice hotel with good, large, HD televisions that are legit.   I only ask because I stayed in a fucking suite at the crescent about a year and a half ago and the tv was not HD and I was extremely disappointed. 

14 minutes ago, futureman said:

probably not gonna be the ritz.  how about the fairmont downtown, good tv?  

CHeck the Adolphus.  Usually they have decent rates, and the TVs are newer and good-sized.

Also look at the downtown Westin.  Newer hotel, TVs were about 50 inch as I recall

We stay in Dallas a lot...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mack Tripper said:

Who has time to watch TV in a hotel room when you have to worry about mattress scales and disinfecting every surface?

I never, ever sleep under the covers now in a hotel bed.  Just throw a blanket on top of the bedspread.
Really critical information I thought you all need to know, thankyouverymuch.

probably not gonna be the ritz.  how about the fairmont downtown, good tv?  

You are way better off at the crescent then the fairmont. Cross the Warwick melrose off your list as well. It needed to be updated 10 years ago.

It’s been a few years but you may look into the highland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/20/2018 at 8:10 PM, futureman said:

staying in dallas soon.  please recommend a nice hotel with good, large, HD televisions that are legit.   I only ask because I stayed in a fucking suite at the crescent about a year and a half ago and the tv was not HD and I was extremely disappointed. 

Can’t figure out if the humblebrag game is strong or weak here. 

Will wait it out from my luxury suite at the DFW Sheraton...

The Statler has a very good tech package, including a nice TV. The speakeasy is really nice, with excellent -- but pricey - drinks.  The new high end Chinese restaurant just opened, along with some casual fun places, including an arcade bar.  There is rooftop pool and bar too.

You were right about the Crescent, but it may be worth another look.  They are finishing a $30 million update.  I was just in the main lobby going to dinner at Nobu and it does look great.  The in-room televisions were upgraded.

Visitors to the newly renovated hotel are greeted by a totally redesigned lobby, anchored by an all-new bar. Exhausted by a long day of taking meetings, marrying off heirs and merging companies, guests will sleep soundly in new rooms with 55-inch flat screens — there was no HD in the rooms before the redo, Davidson said — bespoke carpeting and minimalist, curved-edge nightstands with motion-activated floor lights. 

Crescent Remodel

• Like 1