Michigan Game Time

39 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Pretty sure they have a couple of seasons of top rated games at Big Noon that disagree with you. 

I think people just want to bitch because it's "early"

11am on a Saturday for a big game is what college football is what makes college football fun.  Yes, we all love the fun big atmosphere night games, but TV prefers that 11am slot and TV dictates.  

Posted (edited)
On 4/20/2024 at 5:10 PM, immamac said:

We have had season tickets for 8 years or more I can’t remember as it’s a shared thing with the in law family. My wife’s mother is from AA and we spend quite a bit of time up there. Been to games at all the time slots and the night game was top 5 college football experiences of all time for me. (Monsoon game vs notre dame at night) 

Did someone say monsoon night game vs Notre Dame in Michigan?  (Yes I realize Valenti is ranting about MSU not UM) I was actually in Ann Arbor watching this game because I had gone to the Wisconsin game earlier in the day which was my first ever game at the Big House.  Yeah it sucks it's not a night game because all September and October games should be night games there IMHO.

Follow on note I was also at the Michigan @ Ohio State game that same season and I got to see how much better coping with Buckeye fans the Wolverines were than Texas fans were the prior year.  Too bad that game sucked to lose even though the game itself was epic.  Went 0-2 against Ohio State that year :(

Edited by Pimphand
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 4/22/2024 at 9:44 AM, Lidig8r said:

Regardless, it's gonna be great seeing these unis again on the same field.

image.png.0f63b9b24a2ff068c7e1044b58a1cd1b.png

I really wish Michigan would stop the helmet sticker dumbassery it ruins their style and why are you biting on the stupid Buckeyes? #smh

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I hate Fox for calling it Big Noon. 

Most of the country does NOT live in the Eastern Time Zone.

Think the eastern time zone is around 48% of the US population

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Ignatius said:

48/29/6/17, east to west…

3 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yep. 

So "Big Noon" = Bullshit by a 52/48 vote.

Actually, your understanding of College Football Fandom sucks ass if you think that the West Coast & the Mountain Time Zones have the same percentage of rabid college football fans in their population that the Eastern Time Zone has.

Eastern Time Zone probably has 53% of rabid college football fans.

In general, the west coast doesn’t give a fuck about college football.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/23/2024 at 10:44 AM, Js1 said:

I think people just want to bitch because it's "early"

11am on a Saturday for a big game is what college football is what makes college football fun.  Yes, we all love the fun big atmosphere night games, but TV prefers that 11am slot and TV dictates.  

Yeah dude. It is early. Gotta set an alarm for 10:55 and pound a beer, load a bowl and throw in a dip within 5 mins. Little bit too much work for your below average college football watcher 

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Actually, your understanding of College Football Fandom sucks ass if you think that the West Coast & the Mountain Time Zones have the same percentage of rabid college football fans in their population that the Eastern Time Zone has.

Eastern Time Zone probably has 53% of rabid college football fans.

In general, the west coast doesn’t give a fuck about college football.

I understand just fine.  It's a stupid name and regardless of the viewing percentages, it's insulting to a large portion of the base.

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I understand just fine.  It's a stupid name and regardless of the viewing percentages, it's insulting to a large portion of the base.

You are an entertaining poster and the best of the pedants scampering around this site. This is a silly hill you’re trying to take with the schtick though. Their branding of that slot has been an absolute success and offends mostly no one. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You are an entertaining poster and the best of the pedants scampering around this site. This is a silly hill you’re trying to take with the schtick though. Their branding of that slot has been an absolute success and offends mostly no one. 

I tilt at the occasional windmill. Gotta be me.

On 4/21/2024 at 8:35 PM, smwhorn said:

Anybody ever made the drive from DTW to Ann Arbor the morning of an 11:00 am kickoff?

25 minutes any time other than Game Day. Time frame will vary greatly depending on what time you’re leaving the airport that Saturday. The golf course will packed by 9 am for that one. Getting there by 8 will get your vehicle on the course, but it’ll be a bit of a wait to get through the gate. If you’re just paratrooping in for the game and land at 10 or so, you’ll be able to get to Ann Arbor in no time as most will get there early, but you’ll have to park 3 miles from the stadium and walk. Even if you take a cab/Uber, you’ll get dropped off a couple of miles away.

2 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

25 minutes any time other than Game Day. Time frame will vary greatly depending on what time you’re leaving the airport that Saturday. The golf course will packed by 9 am for that one. Getting there by 8 will get your vehicle on the course, but it’ll be a bit of a wait to get through the gate. If you’re just paratrooping in for the game and land at 10 or so, you’ll be able to get to Ann Arbor in no time as most will get there early, but you’ll have to park 3 miles from the stadium and walk. Even if you take a cab/Uber, you’ll get dropped off a couple of miles away.

While will they drop you off that far away? If I hired black car service for the day, would that work any differently?

@immamac Max Goss is the head of the Texas Exes chapter in Michigan. He might be the guy to reach out to if y’all decide to set up a hotel shuttle from Detroit. As you know,  Ann Arbor has shit for hotel rooms on game weekends ($500+ with a 2 night minimum for Days Inn). 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

While will they drop you off that far away? If I hired black car service for the day, would that work any differently?

You'll be fine. They don't drop off miles away lol. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

They block off all the streets near the stadium that are essentially the arteries of town. It’ll be in your interest to walk if you want time to soak in the experience. If you get there around 8, it’ll be fairly easy, and you can disregard most of the walking issues. 

1 minute ago, immamac said:

You'll be fine. They don't drop off miles away lol. 

You get there early, not 90 minutes before kickoff as I was describing in my initial post. Traffic often gets backed up down State or Main all the way to 94 on Game Days right before the game.

24 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

They block off all the streets near the stadium that are essentially the arteries of town. It’ll be in your interest to walk if you want time to soak in the experience. If you get there around 8, it’ll be fairly easy, and you can disregard most of the walking issues. 

If you know AA there’s neighborhoods that are close to the elementary school that you get dropped off in. Off the main arteries and in a black car they will do that. In an Uber you are correct.