Captain Picard is back

Michael Knight

11 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Speaking of DS9, here's my Jack Crusher theory:

I'm just about deadass certain he's possessed by a Pah-wraith. I might be dead wrong and this could easily blow up in my face, considering the end of DS9.

The overall vibe of the Vadic's controller, the way Vadic was framed in the shot where she's almost losing control while being read the riot act, the way his eyes turn red just like Dukat's did when he was possessed, and then you add in some of his seemingly supernatural abilities (ESPECIALLY those exhibited in this latest episode)...

...well, I'm more and more convinced I'm right. I fully accept that I might end up looking silly. Thoughts?

Yep  I could see this 

• Like 1

He's the best.  

Question about the rest of the season:

Spoiler

So we haven't learned who the baddie is, and there's only 2 episodes left.  No way they introduce a new character at this point.  So who's it gonna be?  Gul Dukat, Tomaluk?  Wesley Crusher?

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

He's the best.  

Question about the rest of the season:

Reveal hidden contents

So we haven't learned who the baddie is, and there's only 2 episodes left.  No way they introduce a new character at this point.  So who's it gonna be?  Gul Dukat, Tomaluk?  Wesley Crusher?

Spoiler

Denise Crosby's half human half romulan FTW. 

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Hadn't thought of that one.

Spoiler

And actually, it would sort of make sense. She only exists because of Picard. And would have that supervillian desire to go to great lengths to really screw with him, and his son (I guess Jack is really his son? Whole thing is weird). I didn't think about it at all until Data pulled out that hologram of Tasha. 

2 hours ago, Red Five said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And actually, it would sort of make sense. She only exists because of Picard. And would have that supervillian desire to go to great lengths to really screw with him, and his son (I guess Jack is really his son? Whole thing is weird). I didn't think about it at all until Data pulled out that hologram of Tasha. 

Spoiler

If so, I want a flashback to the battle of Narendra III.  Let's see the Enterprise C go down swinging.

19 hours ago, Parliament said:

Don't take this the wrong way:

Spoiler

Soran could still be in the Nexus since time has no meaning there.

We know Picard's showrunner didn't like how Generations played out, didn't like how Kirk died, and we know where Kirk's body ended up...

I read somewhere, maybe in this thread, that 

Spoiler

one of the original ideas for this season was "Picard never actually left the Nexus". 

So what would that even look like? Would it be similar to The Inner Light, with Picard returning to a place he left 30 years ago? Would Riker be Captain of the Enterprise D in the "real world"? (I don't remember the details of Generations enough to know if the D would still be around or not). It's a pretty interesting idea. 

Edited by Red Five

Man I dunno.

Spoiler

Jack Crusher is a whiny little pussy.  Let's admit that.

So the Changelings added Borg DNA to everyone under 25 using Changeling agents.  This is dangerously close a stupid-ass Kurtzman plotline.

ETA

However...

Did they retcon all of Season 2 out with the, "We haven't heard from the Borg in 20 years," line?  If so, bravo.  We had heard that Season 3 "mocks" some of the previous seasons.  LOL.  Awesome.

I'm scared, Guys.  Very scared.

Edited by Parliament

56 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Man I dunno.

Reveal hidden contents

Jack Crusher is a whiny little pussy.  Let's admit that.

So the Changelings added Borg DNA to everyone under 25 using Changeling agents.  This is dangerously close a stupid-ass Kurtzman plotline.

ETA

However...

Did they retcon all of Season 2 out with the, "We haven't heard from the Borg in 20 years," line?  If so, bravo.  We had heard that Season 3 "mocks" some of the previous seasons.  LOL.  Awesome.

I'm scared, Guys.  Very scared.

Spoiler

Someone much higher up has/had to be driving this scheme through being compromised because no way Shelby or Janeway would enthusiastically turn the fleet into their own version of The Borg, voluntarily

I mean, Lower Decks and Prodigy both showed what happened to a connected/networked fleet. Huge disasters 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:
  Hide contents

Someone much higher up has/had to be driving this scheme through being compromised because no way Shelby or Janeway would enthusiastically turn the fleet into their own version of The Borg, voluntarily

I mean, Lower Decks and Prodigy both showed what happened to a connected/networked fleet. Huge disasters 

Spoiler

The same thing happened in Battlestar Galactica. 

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I'm 46 now, so TNG came on when I started middle school and went off as I was finishing high school. That ending was actually fairly emotional. 

Same here. It was the first time in a while I stopped and fully enjoyed every glorious second of a television production.

Stewart's delivery of what is likely his final "Engage" carried a weight with it that brought a tear or two.

The finale is already giving me goosebumps and I don't know shit about it.

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:
  Hide contents

Welp. I guess that Captain Shaw series didn't get too far in pre-production.

Spoiler

Speculation is that something will bring him back - before the show even started, the showrunner was saying everybody would love his character, and then after the show started, the actor began talking about a Legacy series with Shaw and the Showrunner was retweeting everything he was saying, and the showrunner was out there saying they needed a show with him.  If they straight up kill him off and that's the end of the character, that was pretty shitty on the part of the showrunner to lead fans on into thinking they were looking at a show with him.

1 hour ago, Red Five said:
  Hide contents

Welp. I guess that Captain Shaw series didn't get too far in pre-production.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:
  Hide contents

Speculation is that something will bring him back - before the show even started, the showrunner was saying everybody would love his character, and then after the show started, the actor began talking about a Legacy series with Shaw and the Showrunner was retweeting everything he was saying, and the showrunner was out there saying they needed a show with him.  If they straight up kill him off and that's the end of the character, that was pretty shitty on the part of the showrunner to lead fans on into thinking they were looking at a show with him.

Spoiler

This is Star Trek, I'm not buying that he's dead dead yet.

2 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

The finale is already giving me goosebumps and I don't know shit about it.

Spoiler

The Enterprise D with the original crew going up against the rest of starfleet, after they've been assimilated by the borg? Holy hell.

Also, I know Geordi is quite capable and everything, but damn. "Hey guys I built us a new starship, complete with the original bridge. Alright well let's get moving."

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I don’t want them to do that. I just got a bad feeling. 

Matalas already said on Twitter that’s not happening. It’s for another show at another time maybe, but not the finale 

• Hook 'Em 2

Now is it just me, or was Counselor Troi's reaction to Jack extremely unprofessional? "It's ok Jack, I'm here with you. Whatever we see behind that door, it will be ok. We'll get through this together."

(sees what's behind the door)

"Oh my fucking god!! Get the hell away from me, freak. I'm going to tell your mom exactly what I just saw in that sick fucked up head of yours!".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Now is it just me, or was Counselor Troi's reaction to Jack extremely unprofessional? "It's ok Jack, I'm here with you. Whatever we see behind that door, it will be ok. We'll get through this together."

"Oh my fucking god!! Get the hell away from me, freak. I'm going to tell your mom exactly what I just saw in that sick fucked up head of yours!".

Yeah, definitely broke Doctor/Patient confidentiality, and I thought the same thing. 

Two minutes later she's telling Picard, "there are protocols". You just ignored one, why not ignore another?

Looking forward to Thursday night. 

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

Well his mom is also his doctor/chief medical officer on the Titan (or acting, she sure shoved the Titan’s doctor into the background). There’s things wrong with that too.