Eric Cuffee is transferring

Machinator

38 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

Did you hear a number or is this likely it?

I don’t think there’s a target number, but that would be tough to get to even if they had it. I think the last two classes are putting pressure on the groups above them in a big way. That’s why guys like Fitzgerald, Townsend, Christmas - guys like that need to get in where they fit in asap, or they’re going to have a meaningless career in college. Some of them might be okay with that, but I am skeptical that this staff is going to let dead weight hang around, even if there isn’t a numbers crunch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t think there’s a target number, but that would be tough to get to even if they had it. I think the last two classes are putting pressure on the groups above them in a big way. That’s why guys like Fitzgerald, Townsend, Christmas - guys like that need to get in where they fit in asap, or they’re going to have a meaningless career in college. Some of them might be okay with that, but I am skeptical that this staff is going to let dead weight hang around, even if there isn’t a numbers crunch. 

Gracias. I saw you mentioned Fitz and Townsend elsewhere. I wasn't sure whether you were hearing something beyond conversations were being had that included additional guys who were looking hard at transferring.

Recruits probably are in the know more than we are which is why we are having "trouble" getting elite DB talent this season. The younger guys are turning into monsters and will see the field for the next 2+ years... Good luck to Eric, hope he does well where ever he lands next (after Juco of course)

I remember he was a huge recruiting win for Strong - surprised he didn't pan out at all. I don't think he ever saw the field

I don’t remember him being that big of a catch. I remember him being a little bit down our target list and taken because we needed the bodies. Could be wrong.

45 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t remember him being that big of a catch. I remember him being a little bit down our target list and taken because we needed the bodies. Could be wrong.

Nope, he was a pretty big win. 4-star guy in a down year at DB (especially with fellow Wacoan Parrish Cobb turning out to be a megabust), and was a longtime silent to aggy. He was never truly elite, but he was the right up there for best in the state that year.

• 4 months later...