2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

Stuck with rangers radio right now

Making a comment about the sidekick guy snickering at the Astros being in 2nd place and as that sentence trailed off, it morphed into “and Gattis puts a drive in to that one and it’s looong gone....”

Losers

Fuck Dallas.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i typically don't come at things like this the way i'm going to, but yuli needs to see fastballs, and he needs to hit with guys on base.  i don't give a shit what his current hr/rbi totals are.  mixing him up down near the bottom of the order would be doom for a guy with his plate discipline.  if our lineup was clicking like it was last year, sure, maybe hit him 6-7th.  but it ain't.  he should be hitting 5th (not 4th) but correa is out.

also, are we done with the whole hitting reddick 2 (vs righties) and moving bregs down?  i know that's counterintuitive with the way he's drawing walks, but man it sure felt like the lineup was longer when he hit 6th.

spring-reddick-tuve-correa-yuli-bregs-gattis-mccann-kemp (or marwin) is a lineup i can get behind against a righty.  if it's a lefty, get stassi in there, bregs back to 2, and sort the rest out.  move gattis to 6th probably.

I don’t agree but I get your thought on hitting Gurriel 4th. I just don’t see the guy exhibiting full strength right now, and it’s hurting in the heart of the lineup. 

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Good God. CTJ is a beating. A hit and run troll. If I didn’t know better, I’d say he’s a utgrad98 sock.

I’ve lived and died by the Astros my whole life, mostly dying. You pose a false premise in which volume equals value and your posts alone on this thread debunk that contention. I have a differing point of view on a few players than you, and I despise Hinch, but go fuck yourself for casting aspersions at another regular poster as a troll because you’re too drunk and full of your own weak shit to tolerate a difference of opinion.

I cheer for the Astros, follow them here, at TCB, ClutchFans, and attend 10+ games a year. The fact that I don’t post as much about them means jack shit about my fandom or knowledge of the team or sport.