2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Dude, they called a lazy fly ball to center: "that ball's WELL hit to center, buuuut it's hanging up there and it's not gonna carry."

It was about a 275 foot fly ball that was as high as it was deep.

I think they think they're calling it on the radio.

That sounds exactly like Todd Kalas

14 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Whitley has no business in AA. Just toyed  with them tonight. 

Yes he does. Give him about half dozen starts there and move him to Fresno. Hopefully, they will have him in Dallas spot this time next year.

37 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I think they promote him to Fresno in July and then Houston in August. 

Nope

I'm just hoping he's in the organization next year. The way Giles has imploded may make us make a trade we didn't want.

Edited by ckhorn

You don’t want him available for the postseason?  I thought his suspension didn’t disqualify him from that.

Luhnow’s comments about Whitley’s suspension being a “blessing in disguise” seem to imply that they want him to be available for the fall. 

Edited by Fozzz

9 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

There is not a single relief pitcher in the majors that I would trade Whitley for.

Here's hoping Luhnow can pull a similar trade like he did with Verlander.

Hope to keep Tucker, Whitley and Perez. Still think Fisher will be a good player, but he could be the one that is gone.

Edited by ckhorn

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

if we got cole and verlander without dealing tucker or whitley, you can be sure neither will be involved in trading for a reliever next month.  come on dude.

This will most likely be a sellers market. We did good great last year.

2 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Forrest Whitley throwing 97-100 out of the pen is gonna be some shit to see. 

You might not be paying attention to the way the Astros run the organization. Unless this guy is the next Dwight Gooden (Without the off field issues).

13 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Yeah, the Astros aren’t really known for using starting pitchers in relief during the postseason. 

That's true and Hinch was the master at it last year, but regular season tho. We will make a move before the deadline is over. Most likely sooner than later.

Edited by ckhorn

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

I think they promote him to Fresno in July and then Houston in August. 

This is what I am thinking. A few starts in AA, a few in AAA, into the bullpen in Sep/Oct. I know he's a starter long-term, but Scherzer and Sale both started out of the 'pen and were great. 

And there's no way in hell we are trading Whitley for anybody who will be available this season.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Agreed.  But Whitley won't be involved.

And i'm not disagreeing. Per an earlier post. I expect him to take Kuechals spot next year, but never say never.

We are one dominating reliever from making some great things happen over the next several years.