Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, David Dennison said:

Not a court of appeals, the court of appeals.

And I'm pretty sure a lack of temperament is a negative quality in a justice who is tasked with deciding cases that have life and death consequences.

Well you would be wrong, his legal analysis is what matters at this level. Not emotions. 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Senate Judiciary Committee Standards include:

When the committee evaluates “integrity,” it considers the nominee’s character and general reputation in the legal community, as well as the nominee’s industry and diligence.

“Professional competence” encompasses such qualities as intellectual capacity, judgment, writing and analytical abilities, knowledge of the law and breadth of professional experience.

In evaluating “judicial temperament,” the committee considers the nominee’s compassion, decisiveness, open-mindedness, courtesy, patience, freedom from bias and commitment to equal justice under the law.

And you have evidence that he fails to meet any of these criteria? He defended himself from false accusations.  

• Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Look, if you need to step back and objectively decide on if you're on the right side of this debate or history..... Think about this.

A vote for Brett is a vote for hating Emily Ratajkowski..... Some of you are Barbarians. 

Oh man.  I'll be in my (cell) bunk.  I'll be whipping my caucus.

Also, excellent effort on the assonance, but you stopped just short.  Why not "expect female resistance" ?

Edited by SuingToGetAMessageBoard?

Just now, Jag102 said:

And you have evidence that he fails to meet any of these criteria? He defended himself from false accusations.  

Courtesy?  He had to fucking apologize to a Senator.

Patience?  Really?

Freedom from bias?  He literally went "Hillary" and "Dems".

You're fucking nuts.  You should consider exit strategies.

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

And he needs to be able to make that legal analysis, without having pre-judged cases based on his emotional volatility and rage.

Gonna need you to give me some "pre-judged cases based on his emotional volatility and rage".

Thanks

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Courtesy?  He had to fucking apologize to a Senator.

Patience?  Really?

Freedom from bias?  He literally went "Hillary" and "Dems".

You're fucking nuts.  You should consider exit strategies.

No, I believe the man will be confirmed.

• Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If every Republican votes to confirm, then Kavanaugh is in, right? Why the fuck are Republicans complaining about Democrats? Shouldn't your anger be directed at the GOP?

Because all they know how to do anymore is whine.  Everything is the fault of the dems, the Muslims, the immigrants, Soros, women, coastal elites, people with NY values, college professors, California, Hillary, Obama, Pelosi, crying Chuck, facebook, twitter, bias by social media, any news outlet that's not pure propaganda, and could go on for days.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I love that every single poll in the last year has 33% for the dumb side.  Gosh, I wonder who these people are?

It is remarkable.  

We have a cult made up of 33% of the population that would probably take up arms if sent the appropriate emergency alert from Cheeto. 

4 minutes ago, Jag102 said:

Hugo: Not to be snarky, but when do the polls close for the election of the current candidate to the supreme court?

Thanks

jesus, you are a fucking idiot. stop digging, dude. take a breath and have a bit of a think before you post. think about WHY that poll might be terrible for republicans.

Just now, hayden_horn said:

jesus, you are a fucking idiot. stop digging, dude. take a breath and have a bit of a think before you post. think about WHY that poll might be terrible for republicans.

The poll is irrelevant to the discussion which is "Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation".  Pretty simple. You want to talk about all those polls in the last election that were not correct? I believe that is a different thread. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Jag102 said:

The poll is irrelevant to the discussion which is "Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation".  Pretty simple. You want to talk about all those polls in the last election that were not correct? I believe that is a different thread. 

The Average for all the major national polls right before the election had Clinton +3.2, she won national vote by +2.1. Well within the margin of error. 

12 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

This is better than visiting texags after the Horns beat the crap out of the Ags, but not as good as visiting MSNBC after Hillary lost.

Agreed. I might rank the time the boot-licking GOP member from Alabama was left playing the "both sides" game because the people he takes orders from told him to support a pedophile. A man of conviction and principle may have stood up and condemned his party and the nominee, but no, not this coward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My favorite part of today was Grassley complaining about media bias and how reporters only wanted to interview anti-Kavanaugh protesters.

Because the media has only interviewed die hard Hillary supporters during the 2016 election and afterwards.  

Wait, no they didn’t because those obviously don’t exist.  I can’t go through two media cycles without hearing from everyday Trump voters. 

Joe Scarborough thinks the media has been too much anti-Kavanaugh in its coverage of the hearings.

Just now, David Dennison said:

No, they were all correct. Hillary won the popular vote, which is what all of those polls measure.

Really, so the polls that had Hillary up in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Florida and even close in Texas were correct? Those states pushed him across. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1