Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

22 minutes ago, MixtyMotions said:

This is better than visiting texags after the Horns beat the crap out of the Ags, but not as good as visiting MSNBC after Hillary lost.

no offense, but i feel like this post exemplifies one of the biggest problems in our politics today, and is the primary reason Trump is our president. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, deech said:

If Karma = Lifetime appointment you may be on to something.

Nobody will ever respect him and his position, except of course the mouthbreathing trumpkins. That would bother a lot of people in his position, including him. Maybe it wouldn’t bother you though. 

1 minute ago, EMAWesome said:

First post with unanimous approval in this entire thread.

Don't sell yourself short, I'm 100% sure you've said something so fucking stupid that everyone from both the right and the left involuntarily facepalmed when they read it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jag102 said:

Really, so the polls that had Hillary up in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Florida and even close in Texas were correct? Those states pushed him across. 

Hillary won Virginia.  Far less margin than the polls predicted but she did win.

Goodness gracious, how absurd.
This is why we're doomed.  Both sides believe the other side is evil to the core so there's no hope of any productive dialogue between the two.
I've got tons of deeply liberal friends and each of them are thoughtful, kind and decent folks.
I've got tons of deeply conservative friends and they are all thoughtful, kind and decent folks.
But often when both groups start talking about the other "side" as a whole, they lapse into these generalizations which employ the same vacuous, stereotypical prejudices that underlay actual racist/sexist/homophobic/etc attitudes.
There's no difference to me between your comment and an assertion that black people are dumb or Mexicans are lazy or gay couples are dangerous as parents.
I have this utterly, hopelessly naive wish that somehow, someday we'll be able to disagree vehemently without taking that disagreement as an a priori demonstration that our opponent is a despicable human being.  My expectation, however, is civil war.

I am sure there were some otherwise good people that actually provided the labor to build a death star and they were just feeding their families until those asshole rebels showed up and celebrated at the slaughter of 10’s of thousands of workers. That makes me want to build another death star and blow up a few more planets.
——————-
Sorry chief, they support putting kids in cages, covering for Russian attacks, covering for a pathological liar, driving up debt, decreasing revenue, and damaging strong established relationships for the hope of a few new dictator friends.

The GOP is anti-American. They are working for restricted voting, gerrymandering, pro-propaganda, anti-education, xenophobics. This is their actual platform. They want an authoritarian government.

It is very simple. If you like the ideals that the country was built on there is only one current party which wants to carry on.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Nobody will ever respect him and his position, except of course the mouthbreathing trumpkins. That would bother a lot of people in his position, including him. Maybe it wouldn’t bother you though. 

Don't care, got paid.  He'll earn his "legal respect" by the opinions he writes and the votes that he casts.  He doesn't give a shit what people think, if he did - he would have withdrawn for respect of the legal process.

30 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Oh man.  I'll be in my (cell) bunk.  I'll be whipping my caucus.

Also, excellent effort on the assonance, but you stopped just short.  Why not "expect female resistance" ?

If you want to know whether your side is winning the future or not just look and see who the hot chicks are siding with. 

Currently it’s not the trumpkins, unless your into the old and pasty thing (and if so you’re a fucking weirdo). 

1 minute ago, Jag102 said:

Ok, fair enough, but the polls were way off for the rest of those swing states.

National polls were dead on. The poll you brushed off as "polls are fake news, see Trump lol" was a national poll. You are making a point about apples when we are talking about oranges. Catch up. 

2 minutes ago, deech said:

Don't care, got paid.  He'll earn his "legal respect" by the opinions he writes and the votes that he casts.  He doesn't give a shit what people think, if he did - he would have withdrawn for respect of the legal process.

Sorry but but you’re wrong on this one. His opinions won’t be respected. People don’t get on the Supreme Court to “get paid.” That’s asinine. They get on it to positively influence the law and be a part of history. He’ll be a part of history all right, just not the type he hoped for. And he hasn’t withdrawn because he’s an immoral political hack just like the guy who nominated him. 

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

If you want to know whether your side is winning the future or not just look and see who the hot chicks are siding with. 

Currently it’s not the trumpkins, unless your into the old and pasty thing (and if so you’re a fucking weirdo). 

https://nypost.com/2018/01/27/science-says-conservatives-are-hotter-than-liberals/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lagunamadre said:

National polls were dead on. The poll you brushed off as "polls are fake news, see Trump lol" was a national poll. You are making a point about apples when we are talking about oranges. Catch up. 

Good, now address the polling in the swing states. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

LOL. Science says that? Geezuz you guys have got a troll database for any stupid argument that can possibly come up. Keep telling yourself that though Chrispy, you’ll stop being an incell someday when all those hot conservative women recognize your greatness. 

8 minutes ago, Thermos H. Christ said:

Teach me, o learned one

On Pc you have to hover over the user's profile name and it should pop up as an option. If you're on mobile, I have no idea how.

EDIT: Or just go under the ignored users tab under your profile and manually add them to the list

Edited by Calihorn

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Counterpoint:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jag102 said:

Good, now address the polling in the swing states. 

A lot of guesses. Here is a good summation. But a big reason is likely that people were embarrassed to admit they were voting for Trump when talking to another person. Trump did much better on anonymous online polls than he did on phone polls.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/upshot/a-2016-review-why-key-state-polls-were-wrong-about-trump.html

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Sorry but but you’re wrong on this one. His opinions won’t be respected. People don’t get on the Supreme Court to “get paid.” That’s asinine. They get on it to positively influence the law and be a part of history. He’ll be a part of history all right, just not the type he hoped for. And he hasn’t withdrawn because he’s an immoral political hack just like the guy who nominated him. 

That sounds nice and all but he will have a vote. Justice Thomas has a vote. 

For all wishing to ignore or ban me, no need. Once this confirmation vote is done, then I am out. Back to just reading the posts no responses. Must admit this can get addicting. 

• Fuck You 5

Just now, Lagunamadre said:

A lot of guesses. Here is a good summation. But a big reason is likely that people were embarrassed to admit they were voting for Trump when talking to another person. Trump did much better on anonymous online polls than he did on phone polls.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/31/upshot/a-2016-review-why-key-state-polls-were-wrong-about-trump.html

Don't know if they were embarrassed, but as good an explanation as any.

3 minutes ago, Jag102 said:

That sounds nice and all but he will have a vote. Justice Thomas has a vote. 

For all wishing to ignore or ban me, no need. Once this confirmation vote is done, then I am out. Back to just reading the posts no responses. Must admit this can get addicting. 

Will you feel betrayed if Roberts swings left like he's shown an inclination to do in the past?

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

LOL. Science says that? Geezuz you guys have got a troll database for any stupid argument that can possibly come up. Keep telling yourself that though Chrispy, you’ll stop being an incell someday when all those hot conservative women recognize your greatness. 

The data is in, just in case you get tired of hairy armpits and incense oil showers. 

didn't the Rachael Maddow vs. Megan Kelley wars of yore settle this "hot chick" vs the quintessential libtard debate long ago? Janet Reno meme here. 

and "legal opinions won't be respected?" 

why? 

He is demonstrably more qualified for this spot than the token waste of space Sotomayor. 

Sorry that he is innocent of all the baseless, specious claims of "rape and assault" that were manufactured for him by those who spend most of their time lobbing specious claims of racism and homophobia against their other political opponents as a matter of course. 

You wonder why some of us are here to for the schadenfreude?

Rage on, you crazy diamonds... hell of a strategy y'all have working here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jag102 said:

Don't know if they were embarrassed, but as good an explanation as any.

Hard to ascertain each person's reasoning on why they would tell a pollster one thing and vote another way, but no doubt that happened to a much greater extent than seen before. 

1 minute ago, TtomTerrific said:

didn't the Rachael Maddow vs. Megan Kelley wars of yore settle this "hot chick" vs the quintessential libtard debate long ago? Janet Reno meme here. 

and "legal opinions won't be respected?" 

why? 

He is demonstrably more qualified for this spot than the token waste of space Sotomayor. 

Sorry that he is innocent of all the baseless, specious claims of "rape and assault" that were manufactured for him by those who spend most of their time lobbing specious claims of racism and homophobia against their other political opponents as a matter of course. 

You wonder why some of us are here to for the schadenfreude?

Rage on, you crazy diamonds... hell of a strategy y'all have working here. 

Hell of a week to quit drinking.

Just now, David Dennison said:

Will you feel betrayed if Roberts swings left like he's shown an inclination to do in the past?

Disappointed, yes, but not supprised, Republican appointees have done that several times in the past. Don't recall a single Democratic appointment to do so.

Just now, Chrispy said:

The data is in, just in case you get tired of hairy armpits and incense oil showers. 

You are starting to be a less reasonable troll lately. Did you get new instructions that your troll game was becoming too obvious so change tactics? What does your fence post neighbor (in the Houston area right?) have to say about the Kavanaugh boofing mess? Is he as concerned as you? 

I bet he is. 

7 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

You are starting to be a less reasonable troll lately. Did you get new instructions that your troll game was becoming too obvious so change tactics? What does your fence post neighbor (in the Houston area right?) have to say about the Kavanaugh boofing mess? Is he as concerned as you? 

I bet he is. 

VMW? We don’t live in the same city, but he’s further to the right than me in general and thinks the entire process was a sham. 

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Look, if you need to step back and objectively decide on if you're on the right side of this debate or history..... Think about this.

A vote for Brett is a vote for hating Emily Ratajkowski..... Some of you are Barbarians. 

Welp. My mind is made up.

2 hours ago, Caddox said:

This confirnation is going to end up being one of the worst things to happen to Democrats politically.  

Not surprising from the party that manged to lose an election to Donald F Trump.  

52 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Yeah no, hot chicks don't have money.  The side that's winning gets the people who have money.  Hot or not.   But I'm sure you were just kidding.

Edited by Onboard 2.0