Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

I should clarify my point. He is bemoaning the death of murderers when there will be innumerable lives of children saved. His point was both shortsighted and morally bankrupt. 

Oh, so you disagree with him politically.  Who had the ridiculous position again? 

Just now, David Dennison said:

It's not up to me. I believe in letting the person who is pregnant make that decision. 

You are a fucking psycho. What is the difference between strangling a 1 day old and aborting someone 1 day until birth? You are a morally bankrupt individual. Im sorry life has led you to the point you are now at. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

So you aren’t a part of the current Trump base?   My bad and I retract my comment. 

Im not exactly in support of him and his demeanor. Sure I like his policy and yeah I will most probably vote for him over any liberal candidate. But Im not part of the goon squad foaming at the mouth over every conspiracy theory he throws out there. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

It's not a gift. No one gave it to you. It's chance. 

Im sorry you view life this way. Life is a gift and I spend my gift trying to make life better for those in my community and my loved ones. I have such an enthusiasm for living and to rob children of that opportunity because you feel life is not sacred is as low as it gets.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Im sorry you view life this way. Life is a gift and I spend my gift trying to make life better for those in my community and my loved ones. I have such an enthusiasm for living and to rob children of that opportunity because you feel life is not sacred is as low as it gets.

Do you now? How do you feel about war? Capital punishment? Pregnancies that result from rape and incest?

Yeah. I bet you do a whole lot to make the world a better place. I'm also willing to bet you do a whole lot to make the world a worse place.

Just a hunch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

You truly are not worth debating anymore if you cant see the problem with your argument. I bet most of your very liberal buddies on here would not support late term abortions in any form. 

I don't support them. I just wouldn't outlaw them. It's not up to me. I'm not pregnant.

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Do you now? How do you feel about war? Capital punishment? Pregnancies that result from rape and incest?

Yeah. I bet you do a whole lot to make the world a better place. I'm also willing to bet you do a whole lot to make the world a worse place.

Just a hunch.

Considering I positively contribute to my community through volunteering, service, mentoring, and through my job; you are mistaken. I work harder than most on here to make the world a better place. I focus on children mainly in my community outreach. They have a special place in my heart and I hate seeing people like you who devalue human life and see children's lives as expendable because it might be a horrible "burden" on the mother to give them the gift of life. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Considering I positively contribute to my community through volunteering, service, mentoring, and through my job; you are mistaken. I work harder than most on here to make the world a better place. I focus on children mainly in my community outreach. They have a special place in my heart and I hate seeing people like you who devalue human life and see children's lives as expendable because it might be a horrible "burden" on the mother to give them the gift of life. 

There are plenty of people in this world you don't value. Pretending otherwise is disingenuous.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The difference is a live birth.

Duh.

Man, every time I think I'm finding common ground with you, I realize just how far apart we actually are. I actually feel sad for you, and I don't mean that in a condescending way.

Just now, David Dennison said:

There are plenty of people in this world you don't value. Pretending otherwise is disingenuous.

Sure I value people differently, but I don't ever devalue children. A child has the potential to be anything. They can lead so many different lives and be anything they want. They just need a helping hand to help lead them down the right path. 

Sure I value people differently, but I don't ever devalue children. A child has the potential to be anything. They can lead so many different lives and be anything they want. They just need a helping hand to help lead them down the right path. 

That's not true. It's fantasy.

5 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

DD is an abortion survivor, show some compassion VMW. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why does everything in this country come down to abortion?  It's so fucking tiring.  We end up with this same stupid virtue signaling over arguments that have been hashed out again and again.  And nobody changes their mind.

Meanwhile, we have a president that most likely offered to drop Magnitski sanctions (and later sanctions related to election) on Russia for dirt on opponent, changed posture and party platform toward Ukraine invasion, gave aid and comfort to enemy at Helsinki, openly asked them to hack his opponent, and claims that he cannot obstruct justice, will not honor a subpoena, can pardon himself, and appoint his own judge.  But let's rehash abortion argument again.

• Like 4

My soul is devoid of morals because i want to protect children's lives in the womb. Got it. Quite a fantasy world you have conjured up there. 

No, it's devoid of morals because your righteousness does not extend to people who are actually alive. Your politics prove that.

1 minute ago, Yuk said:

Why does everything in this country come down to abortion?  It's so fucking tiring.  We end up with this same stupid virtue signaling over arguments that have been hashed out again and again.  And nobody changes their mind.

Meanwhile, we have a president that most likely offered to drop Magnitski sanctions (and later sanctions related to election) on Russia for dirt on opponent, changed posture and party platform toward Ukraine invasion, gave aid and comfort to enemy at Helsinki, openly asked them to hack his opponent, and claims that he cannot obstruct justice, will not honor a subpoena, can pardon himself, and appoint his own judge.  But let's rehash abortion argument again.

I think you are in the wrong thread. This is a discussion on a Supreme Court pick and his potential rulings. The "Wild Donald Trump Conspiracies Thread" is located elsewhere. Sorry to interrupt your little bitchfest. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

No, it's devoid of morals because your righteousness does not extend to people who are actually alive. Your politics prove that.

So I should feel bad for the mom trying to murder her child with a rusty coathanger and not the children losing their lives en masse on a regular basis. Got it. And if it was up to you, kids could be aborted until the day of their birth. Im done with this. Our positions are clear and we are going in circles. You are a sad individual and I do hope you find happiness one day. 

So I should feel bad for the mom trying to murder her child with a rusty coathanger and not the children losing their lives en masse on a regular basis. Got it. And if it was up to you, kids could be aborted until the day of their birth. Im done with this. Our positions are clear and we are going in circles. You are a sad individual and I do hope you find happiness one day. 

I couldn't care less if you ever find happiness. It's obvious you aren't happy now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

I think you are in the wrong thread. This is a discussion on a Supreme Court pick and his potential rulings. The "Wild Donald Trump Conspiracies Thread" is located elsewhere. Sorry to interrupt your little bitchfest. 

They are not wild conspiracy theories.  They're broadly reported and some even on video.  "Adoptions" is code for Magnitski as that was the response from Russia to them.  That's about the only jump I made as the other part (Obama's sanctions) was picked up in a fucking telephone call and Flynn lied about it.  You should probably get out of your Breitbart bubble every once in a while.

Edited by Yuk

Just now, Yuk said:

They are not wild conspiracies.  They're broadly reported and some even on video.  "Adoptions" is code for Magnitski as that was the response from Russia to them.  That's about the only jump I made as the other part (Obama's sanctions) was picked up in a fucking telephone call and Flynn lied about it.  You should probably get out of your Breitbart bubble every once in a while.

Sure and you would still be in the incorrect thread. Learn reading comprehension. And there are equally damning theories on Hillary and Obama and how corrupt they are. Our government is a shithole. What else is new. 

9 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

So did the story about Justice Kennedy's son's ties to Trump just get swept under the rug? We going to keep pretending this isn't a bought and paid for SC pick?

Eh, that's sort of a 'par for the course' thing

1 hour ago, Vince_McCoy_Williams said:

Sure, they have direct control over the child's life, but that doesn't mean it is not murder. Anyone can murder someone, but being able to do something doesn't mean you aren't taking the life of a child. 

Ok.

So we're going to force births. Are we then going to pay for those children for 18 years and give them a fair shake in life?

Yeah, thought not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

He used documents that were stolen from Senator Leahey and lied about it.

I haven't been able to fully keep up today, so are there specific quotes of him lying? When I watched yesterday, Leahy seemed to move somewhat freely between various degrees of possessing stolen info - unknowing possession, knowing possession, and should have known better possession. Leahy seemed to act like having stolen information was the same as knowingly have stolen information. Yesterday at least it seemed like Kavanaugh was angling the idea that whatever he possessed could reasonably be assumed to be freely given. The quote they used yesterday read like Kavanaugh believed at the time that everything he obtained was legitimately acquired. These people tend to talk like they're retarded and are very imprecise with their words, so it's hard to follow beyond the innuendo.

I haven't yet looked through the tweet dumps that occurred throughout the day, so what specifically is the claim?

Is the claim that Kavanaugh knew he possessed information that was stolen or that he should have reasonably known the information was stolen? What specifically about Leahy's tweet dump should I be looking for to support this claim? I'm not a law-dog and don't typically hang out with people that change definitions of words midsentence like I've seen in almost every interaction of these hearings. 

I'm not looking for a gotcha or trying to put my head in the sand. If he lied, we should be able to point to the lie and demonstrate that he lied, no wink-wink-nudge-nudge needed. So far all I've seen, which admittedly missed a lot of today, is a series of rhetorical games by a bunch of folks who smell their own farts and talk all retarded.

Now back to the highly productive abortion slap fight.

Edited by Mole