Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

You’re way wrong.

no one is buying the I can’t fly crap.

the i testify second crap is a bridge too far.  

Anyone but the most partisan see those demands for what they are.

you're a clown and nobody here (except your socks) takes you for anything else. 

• Like 1

You’re way wrong.
no one is buying the I can’t fly crap.
the i testify second crap is a bridge too far.  
Anyone but the most partisan see those demands for what they are.

What if...they don’t let her go second, but she shows up to testify anyway? Any conclusion to draw from that? You definitely are making some with your presumed scenario.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That would be a very bad move on their part.

I expect that's exactly what they'll do.

It would be exactly what Grassley should do. The Democrats have gotten exactly what they wanted long enough, a Kavanaugh piñata.

The Ford team are not interested in a real investigation. They just want to stop this nomination at any cost. I don't think she ever wanted to testify.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crusher said:

It would be exactly what Grassley should do. The Democrats have gotten exactly what they wanted long enough, a Kavanaugh piñata.

The Ford team are not interested in a real investigation. They just want to stop this nomination at any cost. I don't think she ever wanted to testify.

Hypothetical: if this actually happened, would you or would you not want her to testify?

6 minutes ago, scottsins said:

The fuck are you talking about? Ford WANTED TO BE QUESTIONED BY SENATORS. The SJC is the party that requested female outside counsel. Don’t just make shit up.

Horse shit!! If she wanted to testify she would have stepped forward in July. She wanted to stay anonymous until Feinstein doxed her ass.

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Hypothetical: if this actually happened, would you or would you not want her to testify?

If I am correct in my theory that she never intended on testifying and this was just a stall / slander tactic by the Dems then fuck her testimony.

On the other hand...

If this accusation actually happened and she really can't remember what year this happened, where it happened , who else was at the party outside that room where this supposed event happened and all of the people who were supposed to be in the room at the time of the event deny being there. Despite all that , this accusation was true.... Well then I would be sorry that she didn't get a chance to testify.

1 minute ago, Crusher said:

If I am correct in my theory that she never intended on testifying and this was just a stall / slander tactic by the Dems then fuck her testimony.

On the other hand...

If this accusation actually happened and she really can't remember what year this happened, where it happened , who else was at the party outside that room where this supposed event happened and all of the people who were supposed to be in the room at the time of the event deny being there. Despite all that , this accusation was true.... Well then I would be sorry that she didn't get a chance to testify.

If she never intended to testify, why didn’t the Republicans meet her requests? She was ready to go for Thursday.

Why did she request an FBI investigation? 

Why didnt Kavanaugh request an investigation to clear his name?

14 minutes ago, scottsins said:

What if...they don’t let her go second, but she shows up to testify anyway? Any conclusion to draw from that? You definitely are making some with your presumed scenario.

She should.

and let the outcome be what it may.  I have said many time in this thread all it takes for Kavanaugh to be done is a even fairly circumstantial piece of evidence.

Her and her handlers dictating the terms and schedule of the Senate is pretty lame.

As stated, I go second and I can’t get to DC before Thursday is fucking ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

She should.

and let the outcome be what it may.  I have said many time in this thread all it takes for Kavanaugh to be done is a even fairly circumstantial piece of evidence.

Her and her handlers dictating the terms and schedule of the Senate is pretty lame.

As stated, I go second and I can’t get to DC before Thursday is fucking ridiculous. 

It's working.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If she never intended to testify, why didn’t the Republicans meet her requests? She was ready to go for Thursday.

Why did she request an FBI investigation? 

Why didnt Kavanaugh request an investigation to clear his name?

Your obviously not that much of a dolt. I have read your posts around here and at Shaggy. You are a smart guy.  So I will answer your question. With several questions..

Do you really think it would have ended there with just Thursday? No more ridiculous demands? No Senators asking questions? No Kavanaugh in the room. What happened to be able to face your accuser? Then the most egregious demand...he testifies first?  That is straight from the USSR playbook.

1 minute ago, Crusher said:

Your obviously not that much of a dolt. I have read your posts around here and at Shaggy. You are a smart guy.  So I will answer your question. With several questions..

Do you really think it would have ended there with just Thursday? No more ridiculous demands? No Senators asking questions? No Kavanaugh in the room. What happened to be able to face your accuser? Then the most egregious demand...he testifies first?  That is straight from the USSR playbook.

Ridiculous demands like, "Give me some time to get there and get ready." and "I don't want to sit at the same table as the guy who tried to rape me."

Just absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Well this isn’t a trial so...

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

Two words--Keith Ellison.

You mean another guy who is going to go down in disgrace and will certainly resign if, in his case, an alleged video is produced?  And will probably go down from it anyway now that his ex is actually talking?  That Keith Ellison?

That's the big difference here.  The Dems will jettison their shitty men.  The GOP celebrates theirs.

It would be refreshing if you'd just come clean and say that you want men to be able to abuse and assault women.  You not only want Ellison to get a pass on abuse, you want him to be allowed to abuse.  You want the same for Kavanaugh.  You wanted the same for Roy Moore.  You love that Trump grabs pussies.

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Ridiculous demands like, "Give me some time to get there and get ready." and "I don't want to sit at the same table as the guy who tried to rape me."

Just absurd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suddenly she can't fly... Better hope that the investigators aren't looking into whether or not she has taken a flight since 1983.

Edited by Crusher

12 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Do you guys seriously remember the dates and addresses of all the parties you went to in high school?

Well if someone attempted to rape me I am pretty sure I would remember the date and location.

And if not Id just go look it up in the police report b/c I know what to do when someone is assaulted. You go to LE.

Trying to adjudicate sexual assault via congressional testimony or using social media has got to be the dumbest thing we are teaching young people. 

She should travel to Maryland and file a police report. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, dOUblewide said:

Well if someone attempted to rape me I am pretty sure I would remember the date and location.

And if not Id just go look it up in the police report b/c I know what to do when someone is assaulted. You go to LE.

Trying to adjudicate sexual assault via congressional testimony or using social media has got to be the dumbest thing we are teaching young people. 

She should travel to Maryland and file a police report. 

She asked the FBI to look into it. 

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Will there be a jury deciding if someone goes to jail for a crime? It’s not a trial. Arguing such makes you look really fucking stupid.

The jury will be public opinion of course. People will make up their own minds. At this point I think most already have.

7 minutes ago, Crusher said:

Suddenly she can't fly... Better hope that the investigators aren't looking into whether or not she has taken a flight since 1983.

She apparently did an internship in Hawaii. Guess she took a boat.  

She has no intention of testifying.  This is bullshit delay tactics. Nothing more.  

1 minute ago, dOUblewide said:

Not as a criminal matter. That's MD's jurisdiction. 

The FBI would look into from a background check standpoint....the problem is their process doesn't typically look back more than 10 years. 

So what? They have the resources and the expertise to conduct an background investigation. There's literally no reason for them not to.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Me thinks there’s a lot of other embarrassing shit in Kavanaugh’s past that is going to come out if they proceed with this nomination.

That’s why they didn’t want the FBI to investigate this. 

You really are that simple.

Edited by Incredulity

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Me thinks there’s a lot of other embarrassing shit in Kavanaugh’s past that is going to come out if they proceed with this nomination.

That’s why they didn’t want the FBI to investigate this. 

Like “no means yes and yes means anal”. We don’t even need the background check for evidence of this dude being a piece of shit.