do you ever yearn?

Kel Varnsen

I don't think so, but I like where your bobblehead is at.  Some guys mentioned by name only (probably due to scheduling conflicts or having been dead for 50 years).  Some guys on camera but never named individually.  And a number of guys got both.  

And then you got your truly rare instance.  Phil Rizzuto.  Mentioned by name, multiple times.  Voice heard over the visual shot.  But not his physical self (even though he was alive and well at the time). HOLY COW!

Edited by YGIFS
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don’t think his name was mentioned.

OF has to be Mantle, Ken Griffey Jr, and DiMaggio.

Good call.  Actually fuck Bonds, that steroid freak pussy.  Mantle at DH, Dimaggio and Ruth out there with Griffey.
And it was Irabu, but it was Frank yelling it out in the courtroom during finale when Steinbrenner was on the stand.

Fuck I went right past this one…

5 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I don’t think his name was mentioned.

OF has to be Mantle, Ken Griffey Jr, and DiMaggio.

Fuck I went right past this one…

Oh then mention his name.  He's a regular "talking Nixon"

if your name isn't mentioned, but you appear-obviously Jeter is the SS.  But 2b, 3b, and SP are harder than you'd think.  

Edited by YGIFS

Surely in all those Yankee/Met talks, one fucking guy played one fucking game at 3b?  We also need to decide on a SP.  I'm not not stealing your ideas to win a contest or anything, I swear.  Showalter and I have an understanding.......................and Mattingly just split his pants /ripMcCarver

5 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I didn't wanna cheat and look it up.  I was torn between Irabu and Matsui and remembered Matsui probably came to play after the show had ended.  

I don't know how anyone could forget Frank's pronunciation of Hideki Irabu.  The awkward pauses, the stress on certain syllables...it was delicious.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I would also put Mattingly at 1B over Hernandez, but no one is going to replace Gehrig.

I don't think there are any at 3B

Tons of 1st basemen.  Baseball reference tells me Joe Pepitone and Moose Skowron were also 1st sackers.

I'd roster Mookie as a pinchrunner/defensive replacement.

Edited by WBT

Yeah, not only is that an obscure Seinfeld recall, that’s an obscure baseball recall.  Kramer/the writers remembering him before baseball-reference.com is impressive.  Man, that Cosmo is so prolific!

I mean the infielder’s name is Clete?  That’s like a library cop’s name being BookMan!

Edited by YGIFS

On 7/14/2022 at 9:08 AM, 4th&Five said:

Pretty sure the daughter is wearing the allergy sweater in the car. 

26 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Also, pretty sure the daughter of the unemployment lady is wearing the mohair sweater from the Sniffing Accountant episode.

you liked my post.

Biff's reading comprehension is impacted when he embraces his mantra, "Here's to feeling good.....all the time."  

So many great little moments in that bar scene which included the John Hughes Muse...John Kapelos, also that sweater.  But when Michael Richards gets hit in the head by the bar, milks the laugh for the perfect amount of time and then nails the timing on cigarette/beer combo.  I don't know in the hell he pulled that off in just two takes.  And I really never noticed how he walks like Norm from Cheers, plops down and says, "I'll have a brewskie, Charlie!"  The look of disdain from the bartender, "Name's Mitch." 

Edited by YGIFS
  • Haha 1