Keith Ellison's status?

zork

What is the current status of Keith Ellison?  Is he running for office?  Does he like beer?  Does he have a calendar of events for the time around the infamous 911 call that might put his political life in jeopardy?

Here is apparently the latest from the WaPo:

Rep. Keith Ellison calls for investigation into abuse allegations against him

Spoiler

As demand grew for further investigation into allegations that Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) physically abused a former girlfriend, another Democrat joined the call for an additional inquiry: Ellison himself.

In a statement Wednesday, the congressman said he would ask the House Committee on Ethics to investigate claims that he dragged his former partner Karen Monahan off a bed by her feet while yelling obscenities at her during a 2016 fight.

“I am taking this step now because I am innocent and eager to see this entire matter resolved,” said Ellison, who is also the Democratic nominee for Minnesota Attorney General and deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

Ellison has repeatedly denied the allegations, but calls for further investigation have grown louder lately — especially from those on the political right who accuse Democrats of setting a double standard by asking for an FBI probe of allegations against conservative Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh while remaining quiet about Ellison.

Monahan went public with her allegations in August, days before Ellison won the Democratic primary. She also said Ellison was emotionally abusive and claims to have video footage of the 2016 incident but has declined to release it.

On Twitter, Monahan said she was happy there would be another investigation into her claims but said that Ellison’s call was political posturing and that he would probably be out of office by the time the results come out. His term will come to a close at the end of the year.

“I am glad it will happen but he is well aware he will be out of Congress before it is complete,” Monahan wrote. “He makes himself look good before the election.”

Ellison’s call for an ethics committee investigation comes as the state Democratic Party says it has been conducting a six-week inquiry into Monahan’s accusations.

On Monday, Ken Martin, chair of Minnesota’s Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, said he expects his party’s investigation to end soon, well before the November election, when Ellison will face Republican challenger Doug Wardlow. The Associated Press reported that the state’s Democrats are concerned the allegations could harm the party’s chances of holding on to an attorney general’s office they’ve held for more than 40 years.

What should happen wrt Ellison?

BTW, from the same WaPo article this charge is already known/levied:

Last week, Monahan also posted to Twitter what she said were medical records from November 2017. One of the documents stated that Monahan told her doctor, referring to Ellison, that “she was in a very stressful environment for years, emotional and physical abuse by a partner with whom she is now separated.”

The allegations against Ellison have garnered increased attention in conservative circles, where the Minnesota Democrat is an oft-invoked counterpoint to Kavanaugh.

What further needs to be investigated concerning the emotional and physical abuse referenced in 11/2017 to her doctor.  The job interview should be over, for the upcoming election, right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/27/rep-keith-ellison-calls-investigation-into-abuse-allegations-against-him/?utm_term=.666bc950bc0e

2 minutes ago, zork said:

BTW, from the same WaPo article this charge is already known/levied:

What further needs to be investigated concerning the emotional and physical abuse referenced in 11/2017 to her doctor.  The job interview should be over, for the upcoming election, right?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/27/rep-keith-ellison-calls-investigation-into-abuse-allegations-against-him/?utm_term=.666bc950bc0e

You dont have to worry. Her story will be heard. If shes credible, he will be done. Thats what the current Dem party does. It sheds pieces of shit. Your party prides itself on pieces of shit. Maybe he could flip and get your vote if he beat her. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, zork said:

What is the current status of Keith Ellison?  Is he running for office?  Does he like beer?  Does he have a calendar of events for the time around the infamous 911 call that might put his political life in jeopardy?

Reveal hidden contents

As demand grew for further investigation into allegations that Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) physically abused a former girlfriend, another Democrat joined the call for an additional inquiry: Ellison himself.

In a statement Wednesday, the congressman said he would ask the House Committee on Ethics to investigate claims that he dragged his former partner Karen Monahan off a bed by her feet while yelling obscenities at her during a 2016 fight.

“I am taking this step now because I am innocent and eager to see this entire matter resolved,” said Ellison, who is also the Democratic nominee for Minnesota Attorney General and deputy chairman of the Democratic National Committee.

Ellison has repeatedly denied the allegations, but calls for further investigation have grown louder lately — especially from those on the political right who accuse Democrats of setting a double standard by asking for an FBI probe of allegations against conservative Supreme Court nominee Brett M. Kavanaugh while remaining quiet about Ellison.

Monahan went public with her allegations in August, days before Ellison won the Democratic primary. She also said Ellison was emotionally abusive and claims to have video footage of the 2016 incident but has declined to release it.

On Twitter, Monahan said she was happy there would be another investigation into her claims but said that Ellison’s call was political posturing and that he would probably be out of office by the time the results come out. His term will come to a close at the end of the year.

“I am glad it will happen but he is well aware he will be out of Congress before it is complete,” Monahan wrote. “He makes himself look good before the election.”

Ellison’s call for an ethics committee investigation comes as the state Democratic Party says it has been conducting a six-week inquiry into Monahan’s accusations.

On Monday, Ken Martin, chair of Minnesota’s Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party, said he expects his party’s investigation to end soon, well before the November election, when Ellison will face Republican challenger Doug Wardlow. The Associated Press reported that the state’s Democrats are concerned the allegations could harm the party’s chances of holding on to an attorney general’s office they’ve held for more than 40 years.

Why? Why do you care?

I buy the allegations. He should resign. The difference between the Republicans and the Democrats is that the Democrats are willing to off the sexual assaulters, wife beaters, and their ilk while the Republican Party are the 409ers for Joe Pa and the CABers at Baylor. Al Franken is gone. Schneiderman. Gone. Spitzer. Gone. Weiner. Gone. Have fun being a sad excuse for a human being propping up other dad excuses for human beings.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

Why? Why do you care?

I did a search on the site to see if there was a thread on his situation and there wasn't.  I figured it was a timely discussion topic that might draw out some comparisons, contrasts, etc.  What is your opinion? 

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Did you really expect us to reflexively start picking apart her story before there was an investigation, and to say that we would support our guy no matter what was revealed by that investigation?

Projection, man. 

Why not believe what she said to the doctor, reportedly?

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Because there are two sides to every story?

Or sometimes three, as in the case of Judge / Kavanaugh / Ford. Generally, you want to talk to everyone involved in an incident before you convict or vindicate anyone. 

Kavanaugh was already being tagged as a rapist before anyone was talked to. 

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Because there are two sides to every story?

Or sometimes three, as in the case of Judge / Kavanaugh / Ford. Generally, you want to talk to everyone involved in an incident before you convict or vindicate anyone. 

I think the third party may be her son who reportedly has seen a video of possible untoward interactions between his mom and Ellison concerning him not being nice to her, reportedly.(nobody has seen the video, also reportedly IIRC)

Edited by zork

Just now, zork said:

I think the third party may be her son who reportedly has seen a video of possible untoward interactions between his mom and Ellison concerning him not being nice to her, reportedly.(nobody has seen the video, also reportedly IIRC)

Fine, interview him too, but cases like these are messy. (NOTE: THIS APPLIES TO ALL SUCH CASES.) Moms can get their kids to say pretty much whatever they want against their stepdads or even their dads. I've been the kid in that scenario. 

1 minute ago, Continental Op said:

I for one will definitely not be voting for Keith Ellison in the Minnesota 5th congressional district.

I get it.  However, he is running for AG in Minnesota and not re-election.  He had the second highest vote tally for the most recent DNC chairman race.(Perez won)  Pretty relevant to national politics I'd say.

6 hours ago, zork said:

Watch that tape drop the weekend before the election.  Not enough time to do an investigation, but enough to have nationwide noise and carryover to other races, even it is just to have some folks simply stay home. 

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Pretty sure he has requested an exhaustive investigation to the allegations.

Yep. Something Kavavaugh could have done instead of crying to GOP senators. 

Guilty people don’t usually ask people to investigate it. 

Edited by Js1

20 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

You dont have to worry. Her story will be heard. If shes credible, he will be done. Thats what the current Dem party does. It sheds pieces of shit. Your party prides itself on pieces of shit. Maybe he could flip and get your vote if he beat her. 

The impetus of the Democrat party is that that they shed those members who kill 2 women.  One woman is frowned upon, but understandable.

The impetus of the Democrat party is that that they shed those members who kill 2 women.  One woman is frowned upon, but understandable.

"Democrat party," intentionally addressed by an incorrect name and always capitalized, is the "tu" of politics. Perhaps it is not a coincidence that the vast majority of people who use the phrase, the poster above included, are aggy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

"Democrat party," intentionally addressed by an incorrect name and always capitalized, is the "tu" of politics. Perhaps it is not a coincidence that the vast majority of people who use the phrase, the poster above included, are aggy.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Republicans are extremely aggy.

• Like 1

On September 27, 2018 at 6:22 PM, zork said:

Reveal hidden contents

The voters of Minnesota will weigh the results of the investigation and if found wanting, they won't vote for him. Kavanaugh should have it as hard.