Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

My mother was heavily involved in charity work for most of her 88 years. That flood taught them my parents a lot about the Red Cross and they hated it til the day they died. During that flood the Red Cross was basically a concessionaire, selling coffee, donuts, blankets and anything else to flood victims at usurious prices. They never forgave them.

4 hours ago, Dr Fear said:

The two story unit that straddles the pass through at Montgomery Plaza is for sale, $1.5 million, 4,900 sq/ft.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2600-W-7th-St-APT-1819-Fort-Worth-TX-76107/83809550_zpid/

That was Eddie Chile's condo and most recently his wife.  I went in it during her estate sale.   I thought the floor plan was a bit odd.

Edited by JOSEYWALES66
clarity

18 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

My mother was heavily involved in charity work for most of her 88 years. That flood taught them my parents a lot about the Red Cross and they hated it til the day they died. During that flood the Red Cross was basically a concessionaire, selling coffee, donuts, blankets and anything else to flood victims at usurious prices. They never forgave them.

My granddad was the same way. The Red Cross charged money for coffee and cigarettes back behind the lines during WWII battles. He never liked them for that reason.

CHIEF

My granddad was the same way. The Red Cross charged money for coffee and cigarettes back behind the lines during WWII battles. He never liked them for that reason.
CHIEF

Yep. After 49 flood my old man then was in Korea in the war where they were selling shit to GIs like blankets, cigs, etc. I was taught on every United way drive as a kid or employee to write on it “Not a penny for American Red Cross”. They should be rounded up and shot as war/disaster profiteers. Fuck the Red Cross.

2 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Yep. After 49 flood my old man then was in Korea in the war where they were selling shit to GIs like blankets, cigs, etc. I was taught on every United way drive as a kid or employee to write on it “Not a penny for American Red Cross”. They should be rounded up and shot as war/disaster profiteers. Fuck the Red Cross.

Never knew about profiteering from wars/disasters by the Red Cross.  All I was ever taught usually had something to do with a huge ship with a red cross on it going somewhere to inoculate a group of third world people, treat the sick, etc.  Never a word was mentioned about charging soldiers for basic needs, which puts them in the lowest level of Dante's inferno imho. That is fu(ked up X100.

Edited by pch

20 hours ago, sasquatch69 said:

*$2,950 monthly HOA fee 🤨

I have heard nothing good about living at Montgomery Plaza. The couple of people I do know who used to have places there got out as soon as they could. They claimed that outrageous HOA fee does nothing to prevent frequent maintenance nuisances.

But it’s right there by stankass boomerjacks, an escape room, and pei wei with great views of target! And the bonus of that whole area being a traffic cluster f. 

(I’m assuming those tenants are still operating)

Edited by bluto

2 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

The best thing about that area was the beef jerky superstore and it’s been gone for a couple years.

Even better than the TCU/Texas fan shop?  NO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY🤣

22 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I'll get you a good ticket, but you have to heckle Coco Gauff the entire time and you can't leave early unless you get kicked out and/or arrested.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fucking finally. 

Hit up Mexico Real on McCart for the second time tonight, 2-2 for me. Marg did kinda suck this round though. 

This is a regular go to for us-the fajitas are excellent and priced below every other restaurant in FW. 

Well, looking like I’m gonna be FW bound for the long haul after the last 3 yrs in Dallas. Working through job contract negotiations now. Looking to setup shop in central FW (AHeights, ridglea, mistletoe, possibly Fairmount) as a renter first, duplex/house/townhome, ofc just west of downtown on 30.

Rent is shockingly cheaper compared to central Dallas I’ve come to realize. Home prices aren’t as friendly comparatively tho, cheaper no doubt but still riding the low mortgage rate price binge. Something’s gotta give though, just not enough jobs in FW to support those prices with ‘normal’ rates

Edited by bluto

JD’s Hamburgers, in a old remodeled tavern at 9901 Camp Bowie Blvd. West , 1½ miles west of Loop 820 n the Westland neighborhood, is set to open in late September.

Owner Gigi Howell plans to serve burgers with peach pico de gallo or Hatch chile queso on sweet-sourdough buns. JD’s will also have Martin House Brewing’s “Westland Rattler” beer in honor of a rattlesnake found in the wall during remodeling.

It’s across the street from Dayne’s Craft Barbecue, which serves top-ranked burgers Fridays and Sundays. 

IMG-5202.jpg

Jon’s Grille, 2905 W. Berry St. near TCU, is in its third week serving thin- or thick-patty burgers, brisket and shakes for lunch and until 2 a.m. every night. 

IMG-5217.jpg

After knowing what Wild Pitch was before(Rack Daddy’s) eating there just never feels right.

First time I ever went inside Twin Peaks I was already drunk and walked right in to the women’s restroom. They changed the rooms from when it was Joes Crab Shack and I worked there for 5 years.

On 9/16/2022 at 4:48 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

Met some friends at Jon's Grille at lunch today. They walked in at 12:15 and ordered. I left at 1:15 having not ordered  anything. When I left, my friends still didn't have their food. Unreal. 

Went to Jon's tonight just to try it out.  Had the fatty patty melt on rye.  Was really good.  Fries were meh.  Was very crowded and so loud I couldn't hear the voices in my head.

The shrieking harpie LSU fan didn't help my experience.  Fuck her.

SWCFROG

17 hours ago, Dr Fear said:
19 hours ago, fwtxbevo said:
Gusto's smash burger is legit. Get double meat and the tater tots.

Is Gusto's inside that new small hotel over there?

Its a food truck that sits in the alley behind the hotel that you can access via the patio. There's a very small waiting next to the truck, or you can wait on the patio or in the bar. After you order they tell you when to check back, or sometimes they just come find you. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Haven't thought of Mercado Juarez since they were in the Cullen Davis mansion. Dos Gringos used to have a pretty damn good HH on University. 

I miss Campo Verde on Camp Bowie.  Driving east to the other location is a PITA, but always stop there when in the hood.

Campo Verde in DWG is perhaps the worst restaurant on earth. It’s not TexMex. It’s some weird permutation of 1960’s woman’s mag “Mexican” with what you might find in North Dakota as Mexican. It’s also filthy with huge chunks of dust falling off the year round Christmas decorations. Don’t know how it passes health inspections.

Odd place to go. I looked at the ducks from the Costco parking lot just the other day. 

At 2:54pm this afternoon, emergency responders from the Fort Worth Fire Department, Fort Worth Police Department, and MedStar EMS were dispatched to a water emergency call at a pond adjacent to the Target store at 5700 Overton Ridge Blvd.

According to an eyewitness, a man ran into the pond for an unknown reason and started having trouble in the water. He went under and did not resurface.

Fort Worth FD’s Dive Team located the body a short time later. He was pronounced deceased at the scene.

“It is unknown if this was a suicide or an accidental drowning,” according to a statement from the Fort Worth Police Department. The incident remains under investigation.

Screen-Shot-2022-09-25-at-7-42-46-PM-860