Fort Worth is exploding

wild_turkey

https://www.zillow.com/homes/6704-Cumberland-Rd-Fort-Worth,-TX-76116_rb/

Random real estate fun. Anybody have a read on this? Orig list was 950k, anything priced remotely realistic in Ridglea goes very quickly, and this thing is priced rock bottom. I walked the lot one day and it’s def a little awkward but could be unique/cool with elevation change. Stylings aren’t exactly my taste but it’s updated at least. 

Anyone ever been to one of these?

Anchor Bar, the Buffalo, New York, restaurant that claims to have originated Buffalo wings 60 years ago, will open an Arlington location.

The restaurant has begun a Texas expansion and already has opened locations in Round Rock and San Antonio, serving a full menu of pizzas, burgers, salads and wings with a choice of 25 rubs or sauces.

Anchor Bar will open in The Village at Ballpark shopping center, 2150 E. Lamar Blvd. near Ballpark Way, according to a real estate agent’s announcement.

The location is north of Interstate 30, 1 mile west of Texas 360 and 1½ miles from AT&T Stadium and Globe Life Field.

Anchor Bar lays claim to originating Buffalo wings on March 4, 1964, when the Bellisimo family fashioned them from discarded chicken parts as a late-night snack for a son and friends. 

I do all of my own as I have my chemical license from the state for my hay fields, but a guy I know very well has a very successful business doing exactly what you’re asking about and he is top notch. Go check out Weed Solutions Inc. on Facebook and have a look around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I do all of my own as I have my chemical license from the state for my hay fields, but a guy I know very well has a very successful business doing exactly what you’re asking about and he is top notch. Go check out Weed Solutions Inc. on Facebook and have a look around.

Alright, they got right back to me and they are gonna come out soon!

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 12:34 AM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I actually emailed Kennedy back in early January for his birria recs because shit was all over my Insta feed, but nothing in FW. He replied right away, said he wasn't on the bandwagon, but this joint is the go-to. 

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057221058542

Apparently long-ass lines, so plan ahead. Wed-Sat 11a-4p only, bring cash. 

Another failed truck-to-mortar venture. 

Palio's on BI has BOGO today & next Thursday from 4-8. I've only had it once, but it was good shit. They have a ton of different pizza options. Can't hit it tonight, but definitely will next week. 

BOGO-Thursday-1024x1024-jpg.webp

4-8pm Only. Expires 2/15/24. Dine-in and Pickup Only. Valid at Fort Worth, Mansfield, and Western Center locations only. Free pizza of equal or lesser value. Not valid with other offers. 

• Like 1

As the pizza ovens turn... 

A wood-fired pizza restaurant and bar that closed and reopened a year later as a casual pizza stand has closed again.

Fireside Pies, 628 Harrold St., has closed after less than a year in the Left Bank shopping center.

The original Fireside Pies, briefly known as Thirteen Pies, was one of the first wood-fired pizzerias in Fort Worth and operated 12 years on Crockett Street in what is now called Artisan Circle.

The company was sold in 2018 to the Golden Chick fast-food restaurants. That parent closed the first Fireside in 2022, citing the downturn of the West 7th shopping area. 

The new Fireside was on an anchor corner behind the popular Snooze and Hopdoddy restaurants, but in a Left Bank shopping center that lacks much signage for West Seventh Street motorists.

It still served wood-fired pizzas, but this time in a stark, simple fast-casual stand that lacked the comfort or character of the first location.

Since the first Fireside opened, wood-fired pizzeria-bars have spread across Fort Worth, including the highly rated Cane Rosso restaurant, Olivella’s Pizza and Wine and the newer Pie Tap Pizza Workshop. 

The Artisan Circle location will soon open as the first Fort Worth location of Dallas-based Si Tapas, a Spanish restaurant and bar. 

On 12/31/2023 at 2:02 PM, bluto said:

Teddy Wong’s, new Chinese/dumpling spot on rosedale, gets a strong thumbs up. Been open a couple months, at capacity for Sunday lunch and said most weekdays walk ins are tough to sit. Pork soup dumpling and rangoons were very good. General tso was good as well. Decent price point, very good service. 

Wife and I finally made it there Friday night and the place blew us away! Spicy cucumber salad, dumpling combo, bbq pork fried rice, and chicken broccoli were all incredible, and the service was spot on. Entree portions are good enough size to split if also doing appetizers. Unless you're okay with eating dinner before 5pm or after 8pm, reserve at least a couple of weeks in advance.

On 2/12/2024 at 11:24 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fun pic from 2000. 

spacer.png

What is left of Blockbuster with the yellow letters, some type of Asian restaurant? 

That guy that ran the Texaco station and did inspections was the best, even though he was a Tech fan. When it closed, he went to Downtown Garage on Carroll before eventually retiring.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, fwtxbevo said:

That guy that ran the Texaco station and did inspections was the best, even though he was a Tech fan. When it closed, he went to Downtown Garage on Carroll before eventually retiring.

I used him for several years for our cars and agree with you.

• Hook 'Em 1

Moving the pharmacy to add more floor space.

Expanding the storage area to better accommodate online/personal shoppers. I didn’t understand all of this plan because he kept saying they’re adding a bunch of automated shit for the online shopping portion. Not sure what all that entails; I’ll ask next time I see him.

Also, just upgrading a lot of stuff because they underestimated the demand for their services.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

Went there for the first time today. Their tacos are seriously good. Will try a burrito next time.

Went there tonight after the movie and had a supreme burrito with barbacoa.  Wife ordered the three taco combo.  While the burrito was loaded, I found it rather bland, even after putting both red and green salsa on it.  The tacos she had looked like something from Joe T. Garcia-small and tasteless.  I am probably spoiled from working on the northside for 21 years and the bar was set pretty high by a number of places, but Papi's didn't impress.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I would bet pch’s age is every bit of 55. He hate new things. 

55+16=71.  And please remind this old man where you came up with the idea/opinion that I hate new things.  Old but living young buck and you have a good day sir.

13 hours ago, pch said:

Went there tonight after the movie and had a supreme burrito with barbacoa.  Wife ordered the three taco combo.  While the burrito was loaded, I found it rather bland, even after putting both red and green salsa on it.  The tacos she had looked like something from Joe T. Garcia-small and tasteless.  I am probably spoiled from working on the northside for 21 years and the bar was set pretty high by a number of places, but Papi's didn't impress.

I went this morning for the first time after all the hoopla here and thought their breakfast tacos were pretty good. Fresh flour tortillas, plenty of filling, but I felt all 3 salsas offered all were a little runny. 

I dont get the Papi’s adoration. If I’m in fucking shitberg Elizabethton Pennsatucky it might be ok. Or fucking Iowa. But not in these parts. A. It’s from fucking Kentucky. They eat fucking sheep barbecue. That should tell you all you need to know. They fuck sheep then barbecue them. B. Fish tacos made with tilapia. A farmed ratfish. C. Barbacoa is described as steamed beef. WTF is that.

Anyway I tried it as I was driving past. Oh that got some hype on surly. Got asada, adobado, and chorizo and might as well been the same thing. Little flavor. I kicked myself as there were better more real options around. They won’t make Christmas.

• Hook 'Em 1

IMG-1047.jpg

@panthercitybbq is happy to share the news that we have purchased @baileys_barbecue in Downtown Fort Worth. While we were never looking to expand or add another location, the opportunity to carry the torch for a part of Fort Worth barbecue history somewhat fell in our lap. We are excited to get to work on embracing the old as well as introducing the new to the downtown area. Stay tuned for more details and updates and go give the new page a follow. 

Effective 3/1.

https://www.instagram.com/baileys_barbecue/

Helluva day for PC. 

Fort Worth police have arrested a man who investigators linked to a van used in the Jan. 1 theft of Panther City BBQ’s smokers.

Police arrested 53-year-old Arnulfo Rodriguez on Thursday on a charge of stealing a flatbed trailer from an electrical contractor at 3321 Suffolk Drive on Oct. 29, 2023.

Surveillance footage captured two men cutting a ball lock off the 20-foot trailer before attaching it to a white van and driving away, according to the arrest warrant affidavit. Police believe this van was also used in the Jan. 1 heist of two of Panther City BBQ’s smokers.

Police confiscated the van on Jan. 20 after Panther City BBQ owner Chris Magallanes reported seeing it outside a diner near the West 7th district. Police found Panther City BBQ’s missing smokers in a field near the diner hours after they were reported missing.

Magallanes said he believes the diner’s owner may be involved in the thefts. He pointed to surveillance footage showing the diner’s owner interacting with the van’s driver, and helping him move oven ranges from the van into the owner’s truck. 

They can't prove Rodriguez was driving the van during the pits theft though. 

• Like 1