2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

50 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Was Green in the rotation last night?

Yes. He played 6+ minutes in the 2nd quarter.

D'Antoni's rotation was beautiful last night. Paul or Harden on the court at all times, 9 played in the 1st half and none of those 9 were Iman Shumpert.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Cousins killed the Rockets in the last regular season matchup. It's a definite blow to them.

Yep.

He had 13 points, 14 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, and 4 blocks in the 1st game against the Rockets

He had 27 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, and 0 blocks in the 2nd game.

The Rockets are a better team than last year's injured version. The Golden State Warriors are now the same team they were last year except with major locker room issues.

It will be if they play that junk defense on Harden and Paul again. The Jazz had 12 more FT makes than the Rockets and still lost by 20 30.
They won't. That was terrible strategy.

"Hey, don't let Harden drive left... Right is ok, though."

Because he can't make layups or passes on his right.

They won't. That was terrible strategy.

"Hey, don't let Harden drive left... Right is ok, though."

Because he can't make layups or passes on his right.
I read something where Rubio was quoted as saying the Jazz were committed to playing that silly defense on Harden all series wrong. I have trouble believing that though.

Something something until you get punched in the mouth something something.

2 hours ago, APMP said:

I read something where Rubio was quoted as saying the Jazz were committed to playing that silly defense on Harden all series wrong. I have trouble believing that though.

Something something until you get punched in the mouth something something.

Jordan Rules defense would be perfect for Harden.  The league would never allow it anymore, however.

Jordan Rules defense would be perfect for Harden.  The league would never allow it anymore, however.

That's an interesting thought. I think Harden's ability to bomb treys and his greater passing ability compared to young MJ would be an effective counter to the physicality/aggression/collapsing when Harden drove to the rim.

10 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

The step back 3 is also a good counter to tight hand checking D to create space. 

Also, the most important thing was....no zone at all. Harden is one of the best isolation players of all time. I think he would be way better off than a Seth Curry in the same era

8 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yeah, no zone/help defense in the lane with a bunch of shooters around the 3pt line would make every ISO possession a layup drill for Harden.

There was always help defense in the lane under the old rules.  You could always legally double team the ballhandler.  Most of the all time great centers built their block stats by blocking driving guards, not the big men who were trying to post them up. 

And y'all are mostly describing common man to man defense, not Jordan Rules.  The Pistons would maul and double team Jordan as soon as he touched the ball wherever that may be.  Harden would never be in ISO.  Neither was Jordan.  Really almost nobody was in ISO under the old defensive rules, but especially not in the Jordan Rules.  

This is the Jordan Rules

7023df38fd70ab75b5d7ea6b5b5e399b.jpg