2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

14 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Meh the jazz are a good 5 seed that didn’t want to get swept so they turned it on at home. Houston will win tomorrow and get ready for GS, the small might have been Houston being up 3-0 so toss out a lineup we might use against GS and get them some run in a non pressure situation. Either way this series is over tomorrow.

I hope they don't throw that lineup out against Golden State. It doesn't rebound. Houston can't afford to give up multiple shot possessions to Golden State like they are to Utah.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

I hope they don't throw that lineup out against Golden State. It doesn't rebound. Houston can't afford to give up multiple shot possessions to Golden State like they are to Utah.

Well GS will probably toss out a lineup of draymond at 5, kd at 4, iggy at 3 and then lay and curry. Bogut will play but they run this lineup some so I was just saying they probably went small to give it a look. I agree I would have faried at the 5 against dray instead of tucker. 

12 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

We are gonna get annihilated by Golden State if they play like that.

Yes, the multiple shots per possession and the wide open 3's Utah are missing are going to get the Rockets out of gym, though Golden State is not even close to the defensive team that Utah is. This overplaying Harden into mid-range floaters took 2 games to start working, but it has been really effective these past 2-1/2 games. However there are like 2-3 teams in the NBA that have the personnel to play this type of defense and Golden State is not one of them.

The bench also needs to step up, Rivers and Green need to get their heads out of their asses.

Stopping by since other thread is pretty dead. 
Mitchell has been god awful in this series. Good close out to not dick around and let them take it to 6.
Give the Ws a series for the rest of us. 

Mitchell is over hyped. We put an end to the hype 2 years in a row in the playoffs.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Mitchell is over hyped. We put an end to the hype 2 years in a row in the playoffs.

He was much better in the playoffs last year and y'all were a juggernaut. Can't blame him for that. 

This year, eh. Series could have gone 7 easily if he showed up. (then again, Harden had some awful stretches)

Encouraging to play the Jazz 1st round. Warriors won’t play D that well, it’s a good test. Beating that team 4-1 is solid under any circumstances.

Just ran through Twitter pretty good, their fans are all up in their feelings. I’ll always have a soft spot for Jazz misery.

EDIT: Mitchell is a beast, make no mistake - but Gordon did a great job on him and Mitchell hit some cold spells. All in all, we took their best player away and they suffered, good to see.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

The Rockets played two good offensive games, no good defensive games, and still beat probably the 3rd best team in the West in 5 games. I'll take it but Harden is going to have to step it up against the Warriors.
Dafuq?
Jazz have nobody to get their own shot, except Mitchell...

Jazz are the best defensive team in the west when GSW isn't turning it on... But Jazz aren't the 3rd best team. They can't score.

11 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Dafuq?

Jazz are the best defensive team in the west when GSW isn't turning it on... But Jazz aren't the 3rd best team. They can't score.

Rubio can get his own shot, his mid-range game is pretty good and he was able to give the Rockets problems with it. I can see why Morey wanted him before getting Paul, Rubio would be a great guard to pair with Harden. Ingles can also get his own shot and create for others. The Jazz play at a faster pace than the Rockets do now.

The Rockets lose games when they get turnover prone like in game 4 & 5 and give up way too many 2nd chance points.

13 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Dafuq?

They had the 5th best record in the West, were 4 games behind 2nd, and had what, the 3rd best record in the league after the all star break? They're as good as any team in the West outside of Golden State and Houston and might be better.