2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

(4) Houston Rockets vs. (5) Utah Jazz

Game 1: Sun, April 14 Utah at Houston, 9:30 ET, TNT
Game 2: Wed, April 17 Utah at Houston, 9:30 ET, TNT

Game 3: Sat, April 20 Houston at Utah, 10:30 ET, ESPN
Game 4: Mon, April 22 Houston at Utah 10:30 ET, TNT
*Game 5: Wed, April 24 Utah at Houston, TBD, TBD
*Game 6: Fri, April 26 Houston at Utah, TBD, TBD
*Game 7: Sun, April 28 Utah at Houston, TBD, TBD

[âIMG]

Jazz about to get Billy Paultz-ed

• Like 1

Yea we a re the 4th seed because of injuries and a complete bed shit to start the year or we would have won 60 games and been the 1 seed, somehow we ended up with 53 wins and a 4 seed. It sucks because now we get GS in the second round which will go 7 games. And LOL at the jazz, we will win that series 4-1 and 4-2 at the most, they do not have what it takes to win 3-4 games against the rockets in the playoffs with our much deeper than last season roster we have now. You can't compare regular season play to the playoffs and I am actually kinda shocked people on here do this year after year. Playoffs are 100 times different and with our deeper much better at defense and understanding the playoffs I Love this team chances but until I see them actually beat GS I will say we lose in the second round in 7 games. But the jazz have to basically play perfect and hit 15-20 3's a game to win 4 games against Houston.

6 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

(4) Houston Rockets vs. (5) Utah Jazz

Game 1: Sun, April 14 Utah at Houston, 9:30 ET, TNT
Game 2: Wed, April 17 Utah at Houston, 9:30 ET, TNT

Game 3: Sat, April 20 Houston at Utah, 10:30 ET, ESPN
Game 4: Mon, April 22 Houston at Utah 10:30 ET, TNT
*Game 5: Wed, April 24 Utah at Houston, TBD, TBD
*Game 6: Fri, April 26 Houston at Utah, TBD, TBD
*Game 7: Sun, April 28 Utah at Houston, TBD, TBD

[âIMG]

Jazz about to get Billy Paultz-ed

Houston in 5.

Billy Paultz was on the 1981 Rockets team with Moses Malone, so I've got some residual love for him.  Houston lost that 1985 series to Utah which had one of the biggest frontlines in history with Mark Eaton, the Whopper and a 7ft dude named Rich Kellie. 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

Houston in 5.

Billy Paultz was on the 1981 Rockets team with Moses Malone, so I've got some residual love for him.  Houston lost that 1985 series to Utah which had one of the biggest frontlines in history with Mark Eaton, the Whopper and a 7ft dude named Rich Kellie. 

I remember Mark Eaton from childhood. He was scary to look at it and gave Hakeem worse fits than Jack Sikma did.

I'm good with playing gsw in rd2... I think there's less mental pressure in Rd 2 than in conference finals.

It don't make a shit.

More so it’s x less games for Paul to get hurt before playing them. You’re playing them regardless.... I’d prefer to play them round 1, but this works.

Easiest realistic route is Jazz, Warriors, Nuggets, 76ers. Hopefully Nuggets and 76ers do their jobs. We got very lucky avoiding OKC in 1st and getting GSW in 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HoustonFrog said:

More so it’s x less games for Paul to get hurt before playing them. You’re playing them regardless.... I’d prefer to play them round 1, but this works.

Easiest realistic route is Jazz, Warriors, Nuggets, 76ers. Hopefully Nuggets and 76ers do their jobs. We got very lucky avoiding OKC in 1st and getting GSW in 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockets would have gotten past the Thunder, but likely a 6-7 game series with someone getting injured.

3 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Am I the only one that doesn't think it's a given the Nuggets make it to Round 2?

I think they make it to round 2 but them getting to the WCF seems like a stretch given how poorly they played down the last part of the season.