2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

12 minutes ago, HoustonFrog said:

Blazers are tanking tonight’s game to avoid OKC. Lilliard and McCollum sitting. Motherfucker we will get OKC first round, the Bucks are tanking tonight also against Thunder. Easy W. Nuggets are playing the worthless TWolves

Worst case scenario

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck OKC, they aren't going to be the issue. Playing the Warriors in the WCF instead of round 2 is the biggie

Fuck OKC, they aren't going to be the issue. Playing the Warriors in the WCF instead of round 2 is the biggie

Obviously OKC isn’t the issue... the issue is that beating OKC will take 6-7 hard fought games, rather than 4-5 easier games against the Jazz/Spurs/Clippers.

Then you have the Nuggets and then the Warriors. Really needed that 4 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are REALLY over blowing OKC. It took alast second three AT HOME for okc to win and every year people do this and once the playoffs start they remember. Houston will beat OKC 4-1. Westbrook hasn't done jack shit in the playoffs because he will try and take over the series and blow it. I'm not saying we will win every game by 20-30 points but there isn't a matchup in the West that is considered "easy". Stop being pussies about teams like Now This is. He thinks we will lose to basically everyone and says "Oh no they are a scary matcup". Only team I am worried about is the Warriors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

I'm more worried about OKC than GS. OKC has the defensive length to bother Houston.  Houston plays GS better bec GS is softer on D.  Everyone else in the West is cake for Houston, even though I worry about Yoda (pops). 

You’re crazier than I am

• Like 1

intensive breakdown of the other 7 teams

GS - can be had, Houston can solve their D.  If KD takes a lot of 3s, I like Rox chance

OKC - long fast athletic defenders who make Houston shoot low % and beat Houston on the glass. Very hard to beat

Utah, Denver, LAC - soft as my 600lb life

Portland - athletic but not enough tough guys, Houston won't have much of an issue. 

Spurs - beware the POP , this will go 6 .  Good thing Manu is gone. 

10 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

OKC is an average team with a dogshit offense.  Last night was a fluke.  Utah is the better team on offense and defense. Portland is doing us a favor and it’s gonna be hilarious when they get cucked by Utah in the first round.

The Rockets really need Faried to play against them to hopefully even out the rebounds. They got way too many 2nd chance points. I think you have to play Faried and Capela together because when we switch Capela to a perimeter player, Gordon is going to get destroyed against Adams and Grant.

Edited by HtownHorn

I don't understand at all why Portland wants to play the Jazz in the first round for the chance to play the Warriors in the 2nd.

I also don't think the Thunder will give the Rockets any trouble in the first round if that is the match up. 6 games max but I kinda doubt it gets that far.

8 hours ago, NowThis said:

intensive breakdown of the other 7 teams

GS - can be had, Houston can solve their D.  If KD takes a lot of 3s, I like Rox chance

OKC - long fast athletic defenders who make Houston shoot low % and beat Houston on the glass. Very hard to beat

Utah, Denver, LAC - soft as my 600lb life

Portland - athletic but not enough tough guys, Houston won't have much of an issue. 

Spurs - beware the POP , this will go 6 .  Good thing Manu is gone. 

Lmao you like your chance against GS over OKC?