2018-19 Houston Rockets Thread of running it back (mainly)

SEC

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

Good news is, Golden State also probably isn't happy they'll face us in round 2

It will be easier to "officiate" the games like the end of tonight's game since there will be less eyes on it. Rockets go home in 6 to the almighty Warriers. 

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Yokes, that missed free throw was huge.

This and I'm not a fan of the Rockets just giving up 2 points the play before. Should have at least played some defense.

Edited by mycox

1 minute ago, Honeysucklerose said:

Who the freak cares about 2nd round vs finals. We will have to face them either way. Who cares???

We get Utah in the first round then GSW then whomever survives the other side of the bracket then likely the Bucks.... I don't see this team making it through that stretch

2 minutes ago, mycox said:

This and I'm not a fan of the Rockets just giving up 2 points the play before. Should have at least played some defense.

Agreed. But beyond that one particular possession, the Rockets team defense slipped in the second half of that 4th quarter.

Also the Rockets forgot how to run plays around the basket when the 3s stopped falling.

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

We get Utah in the first round then GSW then whomever survives the other side of the bracket then likely the Bucks.... I don't see this team making it through that stretch

Well that's because no one is making it through the Warriors.  It has nothing to do with the other teams.

5 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Yup Bzdelik just let the wheels fall off and kept watching helplessly.  Guess he wanted to save the timeouts for the postseason.

Yup. Not having a coach sucks. He's a calming presence, I've never seen him get too hot or panic. D'Antoni back and we need manimal. That was a dumb fuck move to sit him, got out rebounded and when they let obvious over-the-backs go like the one George had on Harden that harden tipped out of bounds, we are fucked.

Just now, Zavala said:

Yup. Not having a coach sucks. He's a calming presence, I've never seen him get too hot or panic. D'Antoni back and we need manimal. That was a dumb fuck move to sit him, got out rebounded and when they let obvious over-the-backs go like the one George had on Harden that harden tipped out of bounds, we are fucked.

Man I just assumed Manimal was hurt. He really needs to be in the starting lineup versus a team like OKC who leads the association in rebounds. Fuck!

Maybe the Lakers can pull it off versus the Trail Blazers. They're keeping it close right now.

Houston expends too much energy in Q1-3 and have much less gas in the tank to close out these brutal games.  They should try to slow down the pace a little, watch some TxTech games or whatever it takes. They're not a young team, can't go 100mph for 48 minutes.   OKC could easily knock out HOU in Rd 1, need to avoid them if possible. 

Some shit I saw on clutchfans

Harden is not the first player to initiate contact on his drives and seek fouls. He is just better at it.

He is not the first player to push the limits on the rules on his moves. He is just better at it.

Harden is not a high flying, rim rocking athlete. He cant just rise up over his defender anytime and get the elevation and separation on his jumper like Durant can because of his athleticism.

Instead, Harden plays a cerebral game. He uses his skills and finds new ways to get himself open looks. Which is actually harder to do. And since most cant do it, they hate on him.

If most could do it, trust me, they would.

They are pissed Nene was out there instead of Faried

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/why-was-faried-not-playing-tonight.297657/

Then again, maybe it's best hes not out there on a bum knee against dirty shitty players.

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Houston expends too much energy in Q1-3 and have much less gas in the tank to close out these brutal games.  They should try to slow down the pace a little, watch some TxTech games or whatever it takes. They're not a young team, can't go 100mph for 48 minutes.   OKC could easily knock out HOU in Rd 1, need to avoid them if possible. 

Nah fuck OKC. They wont have home court with their 1000s of methhead fans screaming at the officials. Plus playoff Chuckbrook throws up even more shit than regular, remember round 1 two years ago?

8 minutes ago, NowThis said:

The game slows down and it's more a half court game in the playoffs anyway. Houston plays quick transition 3 or PnR, then iso-ball. It's streaky type of offense, but is screws with the rhythm and messes up other teams when they switch everything on D.

Hopefully D'Antoni has some tricks up his sleeve and Manimal comes back, everyone stays healthy. We will be fine. I think they need to let CP3 run the offense more, and maybe have Eric Gorden drink some whiskey or do some drugs before the game or somethin. That dude gets in his own head and goes through some horrible shooting slumps. Get him the fuck out of the game if hes trying those super long distance 3s and they arent falling.

I think every team in the West except for the Spurs and Clippers could at least give them a tough series. Assuming the Rockets win in round one, I'm not sure if seeing the Warriors in the semifinals or conference finals is more ideal. A lot of people have been saying that we'd want to see them in the WCF because one of their key players could get injured before then, but that's not likely to happen. On the flip side, a tough seven game series win against GS could leave them drained for the WCF. That's just the nature of the playoffs. I don't like our chances against GS, but neither does anyone else (except for maybe Milwaukee).