2018-19 NBA Season Thread

BigOrange1

I somehow doubt that many people around the league are going to shed any tears if Rich Paul's best laid plans blow up in their face. 

If they can't land AD, the Lakers feel a little like Cleveland from about this time last year; they may need to move some other pieces last minute just to get some new, non-disillusioned faces in the locker room.

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Jesus Durant is such a whiny bitch, what the hell happened to him

For this?  Who gives a shit if he talks to the media.... 

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I somehow doubt that many people around the league are going to shed any tears if Rich Paul's best laid plans blow up in their face. 

If they can't land AD, the Lakers feel a little like Cleveland from about this time last year; they may need to move some other pieces last minute just to get some new, non-disillusioned faces in the locker room.

Would be really hard because they would need to get players with trade value.  If they don't get an AD deal done, then after the break they can probably comb together a 16-12 type finish with health.  Clippers just decided they're tanking and they're in the 8th spot.  Dallas, who is 1.5 games behind the Lakers decided they're tanking too.  Really the 8th spot comes down to the Kings and Lakers (presumably with health by others) and I'll take Lebron in that horse race.... A murky West has really become a 9 team race for 8 spots in the last 2 weeks.

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

For this?  Who gives a shit if he talks to the media.... 

Its his fucking job? He wants to just play ball and nothing else he can play in a fucking gym and not get paid millions of dollars. This is the life and career hes chosen and his attitude that the fans don't matter, the media doesn't matter nothing matters except just playing basketball is naive and disingenuous. If he wanted to be anonymous he would have signed with the Milwaukee Bucks. You think the Warriors would be worth 3.5 billion if all that mattered was how hard he plays basketball?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Its his fucking job? He wants to just play ball and nothing else he can play in a fucking gym and not get paid millions of dollars. This is the life and career hes chosen and his attitude that the fans don't matter, the media doesn't matter nothing matters except just playing basketball is naive and disingenuous. If he wanted to be anonymous he would have signed with the Milwaukee Bucks. You think the Warriors would be worth 3.5 billion if all that mattered was how hard he plays basketball?

You think the majority of fans care if he talks to certain media members or the media at all post-game?  That's adorable.  Guy says he doesn't want to talk about free agency and is pretty much only asked about free agency, then at some point, it becomes a useless exercise for everyone involved.  I don't really care if he talks to them or not, but post-game interviews rarely move the needle as far as growing the game of basketball.  That's naive.  It's why Pop does terse and useless in-game interviews, because he understands they're silly and ineffectual.

7 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

kings want to make the playoffs this year.  they don't give a fuck about much beyond that right now.

THey also have a bunch of guys still on their  rookie deals so they have a lot of money free but know they wont be a major player in FA.

5 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You think the majority of fans care if he talks to certain media members or the media at all post-game?  That's adorable.  Guy says he doesn't want to talk about free agency and is pretty much only asked about free agency, then at some point, it becomes a useless exercise for everyone involved.  I don't really care if he talks to them or not, but post-game interviews rarely move the needle as far as growing the game of basketball.  That's naive.  It's why Pop does terse and useless in-game interviews, because he understands they're silly and ineffectual.

I get his frustration.   I get him thinking that the interviews are useless but it is a part of the job.    He can't "just go out and hoop".    He can simply say "I'm not answering FA questions in season" and ignore any that come his way.    Telling people to "grow up" while basically throwing a tantrum at the podium shows a lack of self-awareness at best.

• Like 1

I get his frustration.   I get him thinking that the interviews are useless but it is a part of the job.    He can't "just go out and hoop".    He can simply say "I'm not answering FA questions in season" and ignore any that come his way.    Telling people to "grow up" while basically throwing a tantrum at the podium shows a lack of self-awareness at best.

Durant just forgot to switch to his burner personality when at the podium

Kevin Durant is such a little bitch man.

Omg, some media members asked me some questions! Better freak out about it instead of handling it maturely and telling them that i'd rather not discuss those things!

Does this fucking idiot not get that he doesn't make the money he makes without the media who covers him?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Im sure lebron would feel the same if lonzo, kyle, and Brandon were traded during tonight's game for brow.

Sadly the predictable band of me first athletes are there to praise lebron because their heads are so far up their asses.

0b130f9d6de7129659bcbace6c452982.jpg

The talking heads repeating "But AD said that he won't sign in Boston!" over the next 5 months (assuming nothing major changes in the next 4 hours) is going to get really, really old. 

It may very well be true as it stands today, but AD's team has absolutely no choice but to make it seem like Boston is dead last on the destinations he prefers, whether it's true or not. If he wants to go to LA (or NY, apparently), he can't even show the slightest hint of a faint interest in Boston without all but guaranteeing that the Celtics make their best offer, and New Orleans jumps around giddily.

In a broad sense, of course LeBron is right about the general sentiment. But he has to realize how AD/Kawhi/Butler's situations are vastly different from he and KD's, or even Paul George's. 

He should probably shut the hell up though while his team in currently trying to get AD to LA at the expense of the entire Lakers' roster, with almost no fight given for any of them.

26 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

In a broad sense, of course LeBron is right about the general sentiment. But he has to realize how AD/Kawhi/Butler's situations are vastly different from he and KD's, or even Paul George's. 

He should probably shut the hell up though while his team in currently trying to get AD to LA at the expense of the entire Lakers' roster, with almost no fight given for any of them.

the fact that these guys are demanding trades with a year left to honor the contract means players arent doing their half of the deal they signed...and they dont want to own it because theyre not winning or forming super teams with their buds.

12 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

the fact that these guys are demanding trades with a year left to honor the contract means players arent doing their half of the deal they signed...and they dont want to own it because theyre not winning or forming super teams with their buds.

Do you consider when a team trades a player they are not "honoring the contract?"    The contract means they will continue to get paid.    It doesn't mean that they will remain with the team they signed the contract with.   If the team can decide that the relationship is no longer mutually beneficial why is it so wrong for the player to make that same determination?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

smart thing to do. theyll get shit today compared to potentially draft night 

Good luck with that.  The only team that would trade Zion for AD if they get that pick is NY.  And that currently has an 86% chance of not happening.

It's worth it for NO to wait because of the probable Boston offer AND the slight possibility of the top pick going to NY.  But, chances are, the lottery isn't going to matter much to them, except to see where Boston's Memphis and Sacramento picks end up.

Although, if NO is in love with Zion, I guess they could implore Boston to trade for the top pick.  Rebuilding teams like Cleveland or Chicago would like the idea of Tatum + a bunch of pick for Zion over AD.

Edited by aggie08

5 minutes ago, d2o said:

Do you consider when a team trades a player they are not "honoring the contract?"    The contract means they will continue to get paid.    It doesn't mean that they will remain with the team they signed the contract with.   If the team can decide that the relationship is no longer mutually beneficial why is it so wrong for the player to make that same determination?

well theyre paying the player. they can do whatever they want as far as im concerned

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Good luck with that.  The only team that would trade Zion for AD if they get that pick is NY.  And that currently has an 86% chance of not happening.

It's worth it for NO to wait because of the probable Boston offer AND the slight possibility of the top pick going to NY.  But, chances are, the lottery isn't going to matter much to them, except to see where Boston's Memphis and Sacramento picks end up.

Although, if NO is in love with Zion, I guess they could implore Boston to trade for the top pick.  Rebuilding teams like Cleveland or Chicago would like the idea of Tatum + a bunch of pick for Zion over AD.

knicks are in the drivers seat of #1. their current roster set up is likely to keep it that way. 25% chance of getting #1.

8 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think it depends on if he would stay and I doubt he would stay in Memphis or Cleveland.  Phoenix just drafted a big man.  But if Chicago got the pick (AD is a Chicago kid) and he said he'd stick around, then I think they would consider trading it.  Same with Atlanta if he said he'd re-sign.  

My secret hope is New Orleans gets the #1 pick.... That would be hilarious.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The 3 worst teams have an equal 14% chance of winning the lottery.

are our definitions of winning the lottery different? if you end with the worst record, your chances at getting #1 is 25%. they hold 250 of the 1000 combinations. Zion isnt going past 1

are you saying the 3 worst teams have at least a 14% chance at a top 3 pick

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

are our definitions of winning the lottery different? if you end with the worst record, your chances at getting #1 is 25%. they hold 250 of the 1000 combinations. Zion isnt going past 1

are you saying the 3 worst teams have at least a 14% chance at a top 3 pick

They changed the lottery odds last yr.   This is the first year the changes go into effect.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/11/how-new-lottery-odds-will-affect-nbas-race-to-the-bottom.html

Edited by d2o

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Kevin Durant is such a little bitch man.

Omg, some media members asked me some questions! Better freak out about it instead of handling it maturely and telling them that i'd rather not discuss those things!

Does this fucking idiot not get that he doesn't make the money he makes without the media who covers him?

it's funny and incredibly ironic that you'll get this mad over hearing KD bitch about something once, yet you think he's out of line for finally getting exasperated at hearing the exact same questions that he has no answer for day after day after day for months on end. if you don't think that would annoy you too you're delusional. 

also, fans who say, "KD is such a bitch" are pretty much the worst NBA fans out there at the moment. I don't know where all of this fan sensitivity towards him comes from, but nobody in the history of basketball has been called a "bitch" by a bunch of out of shape, 30 and 40-something year old white guys for doing things that all sorts of players have been doing for decades, eg talking shit to fans, arguing with refs, and not liking the chore of talking to the robot media members. none of these fans ever called anybody else a bitch for doing these exact same thing which have been going on for decades, but every time KD does it here come the keyboard warriors, shouting "KD is a bitch!!!" STFU and GTFO with that childish, dramatic crap.

• Like 1