2018-19 Big 12 Basketball Thread

Horny Bull

Just now, Braff Zacklin said:

Good showing from the Cyclones.

Wonder whether TCU will have dead legs for KSU. Is Wade definitely out?

Fraschilla noted that he was on crutches and was definitely out for the entirety of the Big 12 tournament, and might not play in the Dance.

But Mason, who's going to be in the 38 minute mark today, was a game time decision.  So who knows.

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Will be interesting to see if that's enough to move us off the 7 line.

I think a win tomorrow, regardless of opponent, nets us a 6 seed.  Winning the whole thing puts us on the 5 line, where we were after the last Big 12 tourney title in '17.

Shooting 50% will cure a lot of ills. I don't know if Prohm has the team more focused or not but they were lights out today. A 3 ball contest with ISU is like starting a land war in Asia.

17 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Shooting 50% will cure a lot of ills. I don't know if Prohm has the team more focused or not but they were lights out today. A 3 ball contest with ISU is like starting a land war in Asia.

We haven't been consistently good from 3 this year.  We were hot as shit against KSU in Manhattan from 3, however.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Will be interesting to see if that's enough to move us off the 7 line.

I think a win tomorrow, regardless of opponent, nets us a 6 seed.  Winning the whole thing puts us on the 5 line, where we were after the last Big 12 tourney title in '17.

Keep posting positive stuff.... seems to help

23 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

We haven't been consistently good from 3 this year.  We were hot as shit against KSU in Manhattan from 3, however.

In the BU postgame they said your guys were 50% and 51%. That'll win a lot of games. I didn't get to see the game but radio guys repeatedly said things like "Welp, can't defend THAT", lol. Good luck, now go beat somebody that wasn't picked to finish at the bottom of  the conference. ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You said some dumb shit and you got called out for it. Quit whining. 

Nobody's whining, and it's only dumb because you don't understand how the Greenspoint jinx works.

You threatened to neg me for a second time. I didn't care that you did it the first time, and I genuinely don't care what you do now. You're an idiot. This is known.

You can neg this post and every one of mine you see until you run out of negs. I'm not going to neg you, or anyone else, in retaliation. It's just not my philosophy.

So by all means, entertain yourself. If you still can't process that, please feel free to put me on ignore. Thank you.

• Like 2

I think I said yesterday that Tech will not go far and wants the rest for the NCAA.  They are a lock at a 3 seed.  I think they want a week off, cause they are playing like it.  Got the B12 championship so it is rest up for a big run in the NCAA.  This is not Tech basketball.

14 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

‘Texas on the bubble” in other words, if you lose, your out.

If Texas loses, we're 16-16...

...when has the NCAA tournament ever taken a .500 at large team?

Also, I just joined in, why wouldn't we want Tech to lose so that we can face WVU if we get by a limping Kansas squad?

(A link to an explanatory post is good enough, I don't want to have someone write a new thesis.)

8 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Nobody's whining, and it's only dumb because you don't understand how the Greenspoint jinx works.

You threatened to neg me for a second time. I didn't care that you did it the first time, and I genuinely don't care what you do now. You're an idiot. This is known.

You can neg this post and every one of mine you see until you run out of negs. I'm not going to neg you, or anyone else, in retaliation. It's just not my philosophy.

So by all means, entertain yourself. If you still can't process that, please feel free to put me on ignore. Thank you.

Word. Condolences. 

7 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

I think I said yesterday that Tech will not go far and wants the rest for the NCAA.  They are a lock at a 3 seed.  I think they want a week off, cause they are playing like it.  Got the B12 championship so it is rest up for a big run in the NCAA.  This is not Tech basketball.

Starting to think you might be right lol

The effort is just not there