10.22.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Not yet. It’s possible we could hear today or might be the 6-day window.

Can someone explain the 6 day window thingy.....

Why is it used?

Are there a limited amount of '6 day windows' that a network can use?

^^^Only used when the network isn't sure which game they want to choose. If we were to lose to oSu, is WVU-Texas less compelling? Not really. It's still a game for the Big 12 lead/share of the lead. No baseball to worry about on Fox at least. So it's up to ABC or Fox to decide who they want for their spots. Bama/LSU is the same day but that's on CBS or ESPN.

I'd be surprised if it wasn't a night game. OU @ Tech is the only other compelling Big 12 game. 

Edited by mdmost

I think the rule is still that the networks can only invoke the 6-day twice in one season.  They haven't used it yet.  I bet they use it the weekend of Nov. 17th with all the marbles lining up that weekend, but we already know our gametime so let 'em do that.  Statistically speaking, they'll use it at least once under our current slate of WVU and @TTU.  Obviously most of us prefer that they use if for Tech, and hurry up right now and announce WVU so we can make gameday plans.  If I had to guess, WVU will be an afternoon game, @TTU will be 6 or 7, and then we know ISU and KAN.  

17 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I think the rule is still that the networks can only invoke the 6-day twice in one season.  They haven't used it yet.  I bet they use it the weekend of Nov. 17th with all the marbles lining up that weekend, but we already know our gametime so let 'em do that.  Statistically speaking, they'll use it at least once under our current slate of WVU and @TTU.  Obviously most of us prefer that they use if for Tech, and hurry up right now and announce WVU so we can make gameday plans.  If I had to guess, WVU will be an afternoon game, @TTU will be 6 or 7, and then we know ISU and KAN.  

Mark my words, @KU will be at 11 and I'm pretty sure ISU is 6 or 7 since it's on LHN.

Looks like midnight announcement then on WVU.  Hard to say what happens to kickoff time though, with LSU/Alabama in primetime, maybe Fox picks us up first for a national 2:30p broadcast.  I think if we win against OSU, that's the case or obviously ABC primetime at 7:00p.  I think the 6:15p window on ESPN is only being kept alive in case we lose this weekend.  Or maybe they think Tech willu pset ISU.