Official Surly - Texas vs West Virginia Game Thread

Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Zavala said:

lulz

They want WVU and Oklahoma 2 weeks in a row - it's the most points, least defense, it's the "toughest road to the CFP" it's the laser lights it's everything they wanted.

shit.png

shit-2.png

Unfortunately, you are probably on to something. Both could be playing their last game with one loss hoping to get one in the playoffs. Because I have a feeling whoever wins the first will get some gratuitous calls in the second.

10 minutes ago, Virginia Occidental said:

Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the easy win. Your fans and program are trash, and Herman looks like a for sure bust of a hire. Thanks again for inviting us in to kick your ass every year. 

will%20grier.jpg

Heisman contender and he gets outplayed by Sam Ehlinger.... The funny part is a y'all are really going to suck ass without him next year. Enjoy being Oklahoma's fodder cause y'all are just going to be 2 resume padding wins. Y'all are Oklahoma State east, always choke on the big stage

Just now, Tex Pete said:

Yeah, it’s not like holding is a penalty for a reason. Just overcome it. 

Yep.

Also, fuck Brain Davis for that dumb fuck tweet.

Oh no the Texas players getting FUCKED OVER the whole game by the officials are pissed that a bunch of sister fuckers are stomping on their logo and acting like dipshits in the middle of our field. No shit.

Idk maybe get more numbers in the box to slow down the running game. Teams are always running on us while we counter with 5 maybe a 6th man who is usually a 180 dB. How about getting more numbers at the los to maintain at the point of attack and try to keep our shitty lbs clean. 

3-2-6 is trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hamttx said:

Unfortunately, you are probably on to something. Both could be playing their last game with one loss hoping to get one in the playoffs. Because I have a feeling whoever wins the first will get some gratuitous calls in the second.

Neither team is getting into the playoffs, nor does either team deserve to get in the playoffs.

This conference is dumb as fuck for having 9 conference games then a fucking rematch championshit game. Also, for keeping baylor after they cover-up rape. Not punsihing OU for covering up their player punching a girl in the face on camera. Not punishing TCU for their QB beating his wife. on an on

2 minutes ago, pevodog said:

3-2-6 is trash

Works a lot better when you have great players, those guys that left the team to get drafted in the 6th round and sit their entire rookie year are fucking idiots. 

Honestly it's not the scheme, the more guys you put on the LOS the more guys are going to get instantly grabbed and locked onto OL if they ain't calling holding on WVU the whole game.

Works a lot better when you have great players, those guys that left the team to get drafted in the 6th round and sit their entire rookie year are fucking idiots. 
Honestly it's not the scheme, the more guys you put on the LOS the more guys are going to get instantly grabbed and locked onto OL if they ain't calling holding on WVU the whole game.

Valid points

1 minute ago, midtown said:

Well that's a bitch move.  calls suck all the time. letting fuck fat sister humper run a 2 pt conversion in is the issue

This. As bad as those calls were don’t let the fucking other team score a damn touchdown and convert two with seconds left in the game. Come on Mensa. You know that shit. 

I’m as disappointed as the next alum but watching the Herman press conference I believe we are on a better path then we’ve been in sometime.

Man Charles Omenihu is pissed on LHN. Good.

Not trying to start anything, just a few questions. What in the press conference gives you hope? That they are hurting in there? Witty responses to dumb questions?

If we are measuring success against the Strong era, we are in trouble. That path does not have to be too great to be better. I am in no way insinuating Herman needs to go, because I do not believe that to be true. However, I am also not sure that he is the answer.

Not trying to start anything, just a few questions. What in the press conference gives you hope? That they are hurting in there? Witty responses to dumb questions?

If we are measuring success against the Strong era, we are in trouble. That path does not have to be too great to be better. I am in no way insinuating Herman needs to go, because I do not believe that to be true. However, I am also not sure that he is the answer.

I have no facts other than I don’t see the team quitting. They just seem to fight every game (except Okie state and Maryland).... ok.... now I’m back in the dumps. I just never expected to win much this year much less beat OU. Maybe my expectations are too low after all the beatings. :)
  • Like 1

I have no facts other than I don’t see the team quitting. They just seem to fight every game (except Okie state and Maryland).... ok.... now I’m back in the dumps. I just never expected to win much this year much less beat OU. Maybe my expectations are too low after all the beatings. smile.png

Lol, I am with you. I have tried to tell myself that things are so much better, but I always end up back in the frame of mind that maybe it is just a first step of a long road back to relevance. I am too tired for the damn long road!

4 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

This. As bad as those calls were don’t let the fucking other team score a damn touchdown and convert two with seconds left in the game. Come on Mensa. You know that shit. 

and you certainly don't let a 30 yard pass go over your head with 20 secs left.  just abysmal.

Who the fuck is our replay coach in the booth?
Duvernay scored when he reached the ball over the goal line but the ref ruled him out at the one.
Sam rushehes thebplat and loses 5 yards 
Third down we suck and kick a field goal
Game over because Todd Orlando sucks
I just finished watching this on my DVR. What a gut punch. That duvernay catch was extremely close to a TD if it wasn't one. It should have been reviewed.

Also Sam's run on third and 17 or whatever where they spotted the ball a yard short was a terrible spot. I rewound that three times and from the two angles they showed it looked like a first done. At the minimum it should have been reviewed. Instead we hurried up and kicked the FG.

And that second to last play call was terrible. Even if the ball's caught he can't get out of bounds.

WTF can you say man !

First of all congrats WVA. You came to our house and played to win. Congrats!

WTF defense. You not only let the visitors have the gall to go for a 2 PT conversion when down by 1 but actually let them convert! Time for some soul searching from DC all the way to the players. Y'all need to work towards earning some respect. Feel bad for you but it is what it is. It's all right but figure your shit out. Y'all are better than this and can do it!

Offense, y'all obviously did well but, fuck it. When you got 16 seconds and no timeouts, at least fuckin go for a down hill shot to pick up about 18 yards and have a shot for an FG. WTF was that final play. But can't blame y'all cause you kept us in the game and played your asses off.

Overall, so close. What a freaking heart breaker. Oh well we are fucking used to it.  Just play and fuckin win the rest of the games. OU WVA still gotta play each f'n other. Just win baby.

Good game. Sucks to be on the a suckin' side. Congrats WVA, y'all definitely gangsta.

Lol, I am with you. I have tried to tell myself that things are so much better, but I always end up back in the frame of mind that maybe it is just a first step of a long road back to relevance. I am too tired for the damn long road!

I’m too old for the long road - but - I’ve seen a heisman winner and a national championship.

Back to back weeks where they defense looked completely inept. Orlando needs to decide if he wants to stick with Seniors that have no idea what they're doing (Wheeler) or simply aren't good enough (Locke) or else it'll be another easy wins for other teams.

Just embarrassing with the team being pissed WVU danced on the logo. Want to prevent them for dancing? Fucking hit someone during the game and stop them

3 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

WTF can you say man !

First of all congrats WVA. You came to our house and played to win. Congrats!

WTF defense. You not only let the visitors have the gall to go for a 2 PT conversion when down by 1 but actually let them convert! Time for some soul searching from DC all the way to the players. Y'all need to work towards earning some respect. Feel bad for you but it is what it is. It's all right but figure your shit out. Y'all are better than this and can do it!

Offense, y'all obviously did well but, fuck it. When you got 16 seconds and no timeouts, at least fuckin go for a down hill shot to pick up about 18 yards and have a shot for an FG. WTF was that final play. But can't blame y'all cause you kept us in the game and played your asses off.

Overall, so close. What a freaking heart breaker. Oh well we are fucking used to it.  Just play and fuckin win the rest of the games. OU WVA still gotta play each f'n other. Just win baby.

Good game. Sucks to be on the a suckin' side. Congrats WVA, y'all definitely gangsta.

Wtf

• Like 4

When you have 11 players on defense who don’t respect themselves enough to not get burned again and again then the other team might dance on your logo. 

You want to thump your chest and be proud that you play for Texas and not a backwater like W Virginia then fucking make a stop and win the game  

5 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

I just finished watching this on my DVR. What a gut punch. That duvernay catch was extremely close to a TD if it wasn't one. It should have been reviewed.

Also Sam's run on third and 17 or whatever where they spotted the ball a yard short was a terrible spot. I rewound that three times and from the two angles they showed it looked like a first done. At the minimum it should have been reviewed. Instead we hurried up and kicked the FG.

And that second to last play call was terrible. Even if the ball's caught he can't get out of bounds.

Sam didn't pick up the first down, he would have if he wouldn't have slowed down