Official Surly - Texas vs Iowa State Game Thread

Vertigo

This was Buechele s 3rd game.  If Ehlinger isn’t available for the next two games, is Buechele willing to call it quits in football to play in the Big XII championship game or does Texas start Rising against Kansas?

What in God’s name are you talking about?
  • Like 1

This was a damn good game. Shane did what he had too. Proud he is still here and Fuck OU.
Bring them on!
Hook'em
We've had 3 former starting QB's in a row who stuck around and helped the team win some games. Swoopes, Heard and now Buechele. Wonder how many other teams can say that?
  • Like 1

Regarding Buchele and his eligibility. Does it really matter in the long run? There’s no way he has a career past college. If he wants to continue as long as he can by saving eligibility, that is one thing, and a personal one at that, just to extend the enjoyment of playing a game he loves.He’s a sharp guy, from all indications, and I don’t think he has any illusions regarding his limitations and future in football. I think that he has processed theses things in his head, and come to similar conclusions, which is why we are fortunate to have had him available tonight. He’s not playing for draft, or free agency exposure imo. If he leaves. It will be to milk the most out of his last years. But, either way, he’s done the team a solid, and should get any and all accolades due from that perspective, regardless of what he does going forward. 

Ok, cool. Hook’em!

ok, I just read what I posted. I’m drunk. But still, the gist stands.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Like 2

What he do? Didn't have it on

Came out in sunglasses and a cowboy hat, took the microphone from the interviewer, gave a shout out to friends, family, TO, OG, and a few others. Indirectly talked about predestination, talked about loving the coaches and about brotherhood, and about not getting much snaps. the whole thing looked and felt like a wrestler doing a call out before a match.

6 minutes ago, ousux said:

Doesn't matter wishbone, according to fuck chip brown, Herman hates Shane, and the entire Buechele family is fed up with the program.

Just reminding anyone who forgot that pre-signing day hit piece.

😉 Fuck CHIP BROWN (every possible way).…repeatedly!!

And no, I didn’t forget that crap that was intentionally timed to fuck us out of a recruit, and if I remember, very suspicious motivation for doing it.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Like 1

Regarding Buchele and his eligibility. Does it really matter in the long run? There’s no way he has a career past college. If he wants to continue as long as he can by saving eligibility, that is one thing, and a personal one at that, just to extend the enjoyment of playing a game he loves.He’s a sharp guy, from all indications, and I don’t think he has any illusions regarding his limitations and future in football. I think that he has processed theses things in his head, and come to similar conclusions, which is why we are fortunate to have had him available tonight. He’s not playing for draft, or free agency exposure imo. If he leaves. It will be to milk the most out of his last years. But, either way, he’s done the team a solid, and should get any and all accolades due from that perspective, regardless of what he does going forward. 
Ok, cool. Hook’em!
ok, I just read what I posted. I’m drunk. But still, the gist stands.

Exactly, which is why the above conversation was throwing me off.

Fuck CHIP BROWN (every possible way).…repeatedly!!
And no, I didn’t forget that crap that was intentionally timed to fuck us out of a recruit, and if I remember, very suspicious motivation for doing it.
It was a linebacker that we could really use next year with two starters leaving, and to make matters worse, that lineback is now a gooner.

23 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Wishbone said:
emoji6.png Fuck CHIP BROWN (every possible way).…repeatedly!!

It was a linebacker that we could really use next year with two starters leaving, and to make matters worse, that lineback is now a gooner.

That’s what I recall, just don’t recall his name (and too lazy to look up). But I remember he was “ours to lose” and fuck chip brown dropped a story right before signing day and he went to goonerville. Later, there was some smoke that chip did that to clear/reduce a debt he had. Is this the same story?

14 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

That’s what I recall, just don’t recall his name (and too lazy to look up). But I remember he was “ours to lose” and fuck chip brown dropped a story right before signing day and he went to goonerville. Later, there was some smoke that chip did that to clear/reduce a debt he had. Is this the same story?

Nik Bonitto