First Responders Bowl - Boise vs BC

WBT

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Huh, forgot about that one. So SMUs stadium. It’s more in the “heart of Dallas” than the Cotton Bowl.

...except for the fact that SMU’s stadium is not even IN Dallas, you have a point. 

Now if University Park wanted to sponsor a bowl, they could do it at Highland Park Stadium (which is actually in University Park) or at SMU’s Gerald Ford Stadium. 

I don’t see the city of Dallas sponsoring a bowl that takes place in another city. 

Would the state of Texas sponsor “The Texas Bowl” and then hold it in Shreveport, Louisiana?

• Like 1

...except for the fact that SMU’s stadium is not even IN Dallas, you have a point. 
Now if University Park wanted to sponsor a bowl, they could do it at Highland Park Stadium (which is actually in University Park) or at SMU’s Gerald Ford Stadium. 
I don’t see the city of Dallas sponsoring a bowl that takes place in another city. 
Would the state of Texas sponsor “The Texas Bowl” and then hold it in Shreveport, Louisiana?

Yea let's not do this

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

nq150718.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

What county is university park in?

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

What county is university park in?

Tell me about how the Dallas County Council decided to sponsor this bowl.

I'm all ears. (Or eyes...)

(Of course we all know that Dallas County doesn't have a "council" with a budget to spend on shit to represent the country.)

If it were FRITO LAY, or MATCH.COM, or TOYOTA (that now has its US Headquarters in the Metroplex), then yes...

Some call it being pedantic, some call it not having their head up their asses, whichever. I call it "using my brain".

13 hours ago, 'stache said:

Huh, forgot about that one. So SMUs stadium. It’s more in the “heart of Dallas” than the Cotton Bowl.

If you consider the bottom of Dallas to be Downtown, maybe. (And of course Napoleon's point)

Edited by DDD Dad

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

I'm sure people from Idaho will be glad to make next year's game in Dallas, given that Boise State will likely be playing on the West Coast.  Did they run this by anybody before they sent it out?  

I think we should move this game to Austin