LJH not returning

Patricio Swayze

His NFL comp is Travis Kelce IMO.  Kelce is bigger, but not by all that much.  They play the game similarly and the Chiefs put Kelce all over the field the same way we did with LJH.  I think the Cardinals will grab him at the very top of the 3rd.

I read this as LHN Not Returning and was confused and dismayed.

LJH was a good college football player, but not a first-team All-American or anything like that-- I think we can probably drag the program forward even without him.  He's making the right choice. He doesn't have a cold fusion patent riding on finishing college in the next two years. He can play two, five, ten years in the NFL, quit before he gets maimed, and then finish his Physical Culture and Sport degree at his leisure. I did that, minus the NFL part, and it worked out great for me.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:10 PM, GreenspointTexas said:

Agree but this years WR draft class is deep as fuck

Yes.  He was 2nd team in the Big 12 behind 4 Belitnikoff finalists.  He, assuming he stayed healthy, probably makes up for the lost year of earnings pretty quick.

But then he gets paid now, not a year from now.  He's probably ready.

On 1/9/2019 at 1:01 PM, Skinny Tie said:

3rd-4th round, class too deep.

Lil Jordan bout to get Lil paid.

Obvious troll is obvious, but, nothing was going to change for him between this year and next.  The obvious dings on his game are not things you fix in a year and move up into the first two rounds. 

Wherever he goes, they'll be getting a hell of a value.  Probably my favorite Horn wr since Shipley. He won't be able to overpower in the NFL quite the same way he could in college, but I still bet he's a hell of a productive pro. 

We lose at least 2-3 additional games this year without his contributions, including the most important wins. Now he just happens to be leaving when his stock is high and we have a much needed injection of talent coming in at his position. 

Hate to see him go, but this works out OK for all parties.  Hook'em, ljh! 

I read this as LHN Not Returning and was confused and dismayed.
LJH was a good college football player, but not a first-team All-American or anything like that-- I think we can probably drag the program forward even without him.  He's making the right choice. He doesn't have a cold fusion patent riding on finishing college in the next two years. He can play two, five, ten years in the NFL, quit before he gets maimed, and then finish his Physical Culture and Sport degree at his leisure. I did that, minus the NFL part, and it worked out great for me.

So you went the XFL route?
  • Haha 1

Looking back on all the Horns that have gone early, this one hurts the most..For me anyways.. I understood and was at peace with VY.. Same with Benson and Charles.. Probably because of our likely dominance next year if he was returning..and all the games we won this year because of the plays he made.. 

I certainly wish him luck and will always cheer for him, but damn this still stings.. Hope he ends up with my favorite team on Sundays..

I hate the expression "he gonna get paid" and the misconception that everyone is an instant millionaire the second they are drafted regardless of round. 

With that said,  Lj is a beast and glad we had him when we needed him the most. We won't get the same kind of plays next year but I'm confident in who is coming back and coming into the program that we will be well off on offense.

21 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Obvious troll is obvious, but, nothing was going to change for him between this year and next.  The obvious dings on his game are not things you fix in a year and move up into the first two rounds. 

Wherever he goes, they'll be getting a hell of a value.  Probably my favorite Horn wr since Shipley. He won't be able to overpower in the NFL quite the same way he could in college, but I still bet he's a hell of a productive pro. 

We lose at least 2-3 additional games this year without his contributions, including the most important wins. Now he just happens to be leaving when his stock is high and we have a much needed injection of talent coming in at his position. 

Hate to see him go, but this works out OK for all parties.  Hook'em, ljh! 

I don't understand this line of thinking? Not only is the draft about talent, but it's also about timing. This is a fairly deep receiver class and LJH while we love him and he's fantastic is towards the middle end of this class rather than the top. I also fail to grasp the concept that if LJH came back and put up a 1500 yd season and say 15 td's how that doesn't improve his draft stock? 

5 hours ago, Skinny Tie said:

It’s not a troll. He will be drafted in the 3rd or 4th round. He will not get big money. This exact topic took place w D’onta Foreman a couple years back.

He either can play in the league or not. Obviously he believes he can. If he stayed, and didn’t get injured, his draft stock may improve. By leaving early he gets a year head start on getting to his second contract. That year may more than make up for any improvement in $ he would see in his rookie contract from this year to next.