Is there crack in this?

Landomatic

1 minute ago, Whatever said:

Hell yeah fries on the burger.  That one was taught to me by my grandpa when I was a kid.  In fact, my grandpa used to eat french fry sandwiches...seriously, just a mess of fries between 2 pieces of white bread.  He also did the same with pinto beans.

I did french fry sandwiches at school all the time.

We'd get unlimited white bread and butter sandwiches with school lunch.  They were great for sopping up gravy and mashed potatoes, soup, or making the aforementioned french fry sandwich.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Whatever said:

Been doing the C-O-S since I was a kid.  Taught to me by my Mom (pics? hell no).  I'll never go back.

Same here (taught to me by my mom, not yours, of course).  She liked standard potato chips on a sandwich,  but over the years I've found that Doritos, Fritos, and other styles can work, too.

Same here (taught to me by my mom, not yours, of course).  She liked standard potato chips on a sandwich,  but over the years I've found that Doritos, Fritos, and other styles can work, too.

Yeah you gotta get creative with it. Flamin' Hot Cheetos, Funyuns, Takis, Dill Pickle chips, Lime chips, Jalapeno chips, etc. are all fantastic on a delicious sandwich.

20 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I did french fry sandwiches at school all the time.

We'd get unlimited white bread and butter sandwiches with school lunch.  They were great for sopping up gravy and mashed potatoes, soup, or making the aforementioned french fry sandwich.

I thought in Iowa they just filled a trough with corn slop and you had to elbow your way in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not crack but in the spirit of chips on sandwiches:

bread of choice

generous amount of pimento cheese

sliced jalapenos

as many fritos as you can stuff in/on top

smash it together, eat with 8 fingers and both thumbs to keep the fritos in.

voila: pimento cheese jalapeno frito sandwich.