Texas recruiting notes 2019

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

EJ has something juicy on Banks, but he said he won't post until tonight (translation around midnight). 

EJ after Dark post. satyanash will post it here at his earliest convenience.

If it's regarding Banks going elsewhere, should Surly really be worried? 

7 minutes ago, Scholz said:

After getting Cook, Green and Jamison last class and Kenyatta already in this one?  No.

This. We pulled in the greatest DB class of all time on paper. I wouldn't go here either...We're more than fine with the DB situation

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Yes, him, J.Shepherd and D.Wright I believe was the prediction from bathroom smurf.

Hasn't it been stated numerous times that Wright is a NSD guy or at one of the recruiting games?  And Shepherd said he's taking all 5 OV's and waiting until during/after the season.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

EJ after Dark post. satyanash will post it here at his earliest convenience.

If it's regarding Banks going elsewhere, should Surly really be worried? 

I'm not taking Hamm's word or EJ's CB as fact, but regardless, it's hard to get worked up about possibly missing on Banks (although I'm sure some will) and not even because of our 2018 haul.  We can pretty easily find a guy comparable to Banks in this class, especially if we know we need to replace him in June. 

Edited by UT Lawnghorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BayouBill said:

This. We pulled in the greatest DB class of all time on paper. I wouldn't go here either...We're more than fine with the DB situation

I think this has more to do with Texas slow playing his commitment. It's a very weak year in-state for corners and I think the staff has their eyes oos

My best reading of the Banks tea leaves: 

Banks took an official visit ("OV") to Aggy at the end of April. 

EJ said that he doesn't expect Banks to OV Texas this summer. This comes after Texas asked him to push his OV back to come after his LSU visit. 

Multiple recruitniks don't believe Banks' LSU offer is committable at this time. LSU also asked him to push his OV back. 

On the surface, neither LSU or Texas appear to prioritizing him. Aggy does appear to be prioritizing Banks. 

I'm not sure on the LSU numbers, but Texas is running very low Spring/Summer OVs. The NCAA only allows a certain amount. Off the top of my head, Texas will be down to one OV after Marcus Washington and Pittman OV. 

Texas probably doesn't want to use their last early OV on Banks. This understandably pissed him off, pushing Aggy up his list. 

I wouldn't freak out too much. Banks could easily take a OV in the Fall. It'll be hard for any in state recruit to turn down USC tickets. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

What about UCLA? Haven't heard anything about them and you'd think things would be a little more lively with Chip over there.

He's not a great recruiter, and the administration is pretty meh on football, just like at Cal. He'll coach up who he gets, though.

I'm hearing the same thing as Bill. Banks doesn't have a commitable offer from anyone besides aggy. I'm hearing that the UT staff has basically stopped recruiting him because they have numerous guys on the board above him. He's also got some character issues that I can't get into but needless to say he's not Texas material. 

But all of this is very fluid and if he does eventually commit to the good guys just remember that I said it was fluid so I'm not wrong. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm hearing the same thing as Bill. Banks doesn't have a commitable offer from anyone besides aggy. I'm hearing that the UT staff has basically stopped recruiting him because they have numerous guys on the board above him. He's also got some character issues that I can't get into but needless to say he's not Texas material. 

But all of this is very fluid and if he does eventually commit to the good guys just remember that I said it was fluid so I'm not wrong. 

So just for clarification, should I always assume you're in troll mode or is this actually reasonably reliable info?

• Fuck You 1

46 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Wait. What?   I see tons of offers for this guy

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

After getting Cook, Green and Jamison last class and Kenyatta already in this one?  No.

My relationship with recruiting news is that I only want to be around when guys pick UT. It's the same reason not to check instagram or Facebook when you stay in on a Saturday night. There will be future weekends, but I don't want to know about all the fun I'm not having.

50 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

1 minute ago, Theboss said:

Reading is hard....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

So just for clarification, should I always assume you're in troll mode or is this actually reasonably reliable info?

3 minutes ago, Theboss said:

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Reading is hard....

Y’all have believed every Bobby Burton article you’ve ever read on this site, haven’t you?

Edited by UT Lawnghorn
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I hope you do not think you are funny. 

22 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Banks didn’t impress me at all after watching the WR v DB camp highlights. Didn’t understand why he was a priority to begin with.

He's a good developmental corner. Someone here previously comp'd him to Kobe Boyce, which I agree with. If we don't get him, I trust the staff and Jason Washington can identify and bring in someone similar if we miss on Banks. I'd like to have him, but I don't see it as a major miss if we don't get him.

29 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:
On 5/8/2018 at 5:00 PM, Newy25 said:

Is he going to grow up to be a faggot like his father? 

I'm going to take it as a good sign that the guy who calls people faggots on the internet doesn't think I'm funny. 

I wouldn't sweat it.  Sarcasm is most fun when some folks don't get it. You are rather funny although calling someone's dad a faggot is straight epic

Edited by GW Hayduke

Just now, GW Hayduke said:

I wouldn't sweat it.  Sarcasm is only fun when some folks don't get it. You are rather funny although calling someone's dad a faggot is straight epic

Hayduke, don't make it bad.

Just take a sad post and make it better.

Remember to let Candi into your heart,

Then you can start to make it better.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I wouldn't sweat it.  Sarcasm is most fun when some folks don't get it. You are rather funny although calling someone's dad a faggot is straight epic

Just to be clear, I did not call someone"s dad a faggot. I called the poster outright a faggot. 

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

My best reading of the Banks tea leaves: 

Banks took an official visit ("OV") to Aggy at the end of April. 

EJ said that he doesn't expect Banks to OV Texas this summer. This comes after Texas asked him to push his OV back to come after his LSU visit. 

Multiple recruitniks don't believe Banks' LSU offer is committable at this time. LSU also asked him to push his OV back. 

On the surface, neither LSU or Texas appear to prioritizing him. Aggy does appear to be prioritizing Banks. 

I'm not sure on the LSU numbers, but Texas is running very low Spring/Summer OVs. The NCAA only allows a certain amount. Off the top of my head, Texas will be down to one OV after Marcus Washington and Pittman OV. 

Texas probably doesn't want to use their last early OV on Banks. This understandably pissed him off, pushing Aggy up his list. 

I wouldn't freak out too much. Banks could easily take a OV in the Fall. It'll be hard for any in state recruit to turn down USC tickets. 

Another Corner was supposed to OV that same weekend but didn't make it either.  Think it was Chester Kimbrough out of Louisiana.

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think he means no history of football players being engineering or similarly rigorous majors. 

But it’s not like there’s piles of engineers on other football teams, either. 

What about the boys who play for the Rambling Wreck from Georgia Tech? There's gotta be a few good engineers at Georgia Tech.