Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Just now, Dondrysdale1 said:

So where does the number of spring visits allowed come from that people state as fact around here? 

I ask because now Rian Davis and Cine are scheduled for official visits in the next few weeks? Wouldn’t that go past that number?

We had three remaining going into June. Jake Smith took one, now the two remaining are for Davis and Cine.

38 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

This was a good attempt at covering your tracks, but that's not all the good stuff from your fake account. It appears you went on an editing spree last night, mainly in the thread you started with your sock (and commented on as yourself) asking us about the $9.95ers and which ones you should follow. lulz.  Overall, though, good job. In today's day and age, I expected to see you bashing Super K and Andrew or making pervy comments about Jennifer Lawrence's leaked photos.

You asked to know all the times they fucked up (even though you edited this out last night. lulz) and then responded to you own question with your real account:

And in there you did also call EJ a douche. (Also edited out but Katfid had quoted you so it's still in there. lulz) 

And you got defensive about someone criticizing the $9.95ers and threw Kurt Bohls under the bus (not that I blame you cuz that guy sucks):

You also threw some shade at Hamm in this thread but you edited it before I could pull it so it's a watered down version. Personally, I think you should've left this one unedited.

giphy.gif 

Edited by T-dog
Fuck this shit

12 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Why local E.Higgins has been taking unofficials.  He'll get his official in the fall.

How fast did that dude come correct once the offer for Langston Anderson (and Powell) went down? Dude has been to campus like 3 times since Anderson and Powell got their offers. He needs to keep it up or he's gonna find himself Sterns'd by Anderson or Powell. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Not sure who his sources are because this is a 180 from every other 9.95er. Everyone else said Texas has regained it's footing and taken the lead back

meh. A lot of that news was pretty clearly of the "too good to be true" variety.

Back to the drawing board for interior linemen, then.

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I guess my only hope with today's news is, this is happening very quickly. A huge 180 on everything we've heard recently. Maybe everything can calm down for a second and the kid finds his way back to Texas. 

But this blows. Couldn't have happened at a worse position, I don't think. 

Just now, Machinator said:

I hope it's someone like Jaylen Ellis (or TQ Jackson) that does the Sterns-ing.

I think Ellis is in a different position and I hope he comes on board, he's got a lot that you can't teach.  

I love TQ Jackson and I do not want him to end up at fucking TCU. (Any guy that Coach Walden at USM targets is a person worth looking at, that crazy motherfucker knows how to evaluate.). I like Jackson and Anderson, both of them are vastly underrated, better than Higgins -- though I admit he has some unique physical upside. 

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

meh. A lot of that news was pretty clearly of the "too good to be true" variety.

Not really. Go fuck yourself for being a perpetual cunty wet blanket here. 

Bragg’s mom has been pro-Stanford from the jump. If he got in, he’s going there. If he didn’t, he was coming here. People reporting the latter isn’t problematic. And there isn’t a need to “return to the drawing board” you dim twit. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Not really. Go fuck yourself for being a perpetual cunty wet blanket here. 

Bragg’s mom has been pro-Stanford from the jump. If he got in, he’s going there. If he didn’t, he was coming here. People reporting the latter isn’t problematic. And there isn’t a need to “return to the drawing board” you dim twit. 

Someone needs to say it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, deech said:

Fuck all $9.95'ers.  They are full of so much shit.  Including the ones that jump on here with multiple accounts.

You need to go have a campfire with @Napoleon and @The Earl of Texas and sing kumbaya. I don't get all the animosity, at least for non-Chip/Ketch types. Will's a good dude and he and TFB provide by far the best content of the sites. Who cares if he had a sock? At the end of the day, it provided some good laughs for us and there was no harm done.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Jackson and Wydermyer are two guys where I think we'll do just fine at their positions, but I'm still a bit confused why it seems like we barely interacted with them at all - they're not auction recruitments like Beason to my eyes.

TQ Jackson (I assume that's whom you're referring to) is supposed to camp at Texas at some point.

Was Beason an auction? I thought grades / off-field problems were his issue.

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

And there isn’t a need to “return to the drawing board” you dim twit. 

Moving forward - do you know who's next man up at interior OL? (I assume we'll keep recruiting Bragg til the end, but I'm not going to get my hopes up).

This shit is too funny. Will is a good dude and the fact that he is a regular on here (even with multiple accounts) and thinks Frappman is a douche makes him even more likable.

I just wonder what EJ's handle is on here

Edited by T-dog
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, golfclap said:

How fast did that dude come correct once the offer for Langston Anderson (and Powell) went down? Dude has been to campus like 3 times since Anderson and Powell got their offers. He needs to keep it up or he's gonna find himself Sterns'd by Anderson or Powell. 

I wouldn't count on those guys being in the class any time soon 

27 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Jackson and Wydermyer are two guys where I think we'll do just fine at their positions, but I'm still a bit confused why it seems like we barely interacted with them at all - they're not auction recruitments like Beason to my eyes.

It's clear they just aren't high on Wydermyer. I personally like the Wiley take more for our offense. There seems to be some movement on Jackson, but it might depend on some resolution on other targets. Maybe he'll get a don't fall behind offer?

Just now, deech said:

I guess it's possible everyone here knows your Blaizer.  I did not know.  

I've been using OnAComputer since I got my super early start when I made LonghornNation on reddit. I thought it was pretty clear who I was on here. Didn't try to hide it on this account. Sorry for misleading ya if I did.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Via LHF: Hamm just said Texas mods are blowing smoke about Shepherd. Said UT mods only get what info Carrington  feeds them.
He said his sources have told him Shepherd has already told aggy coaches he would be committing to the a&m https://t.co/6oM3agJZEu

More: He also just said that if Shepherd does not show up for the aggy camp on Friday that they would probably recruit over him because they expect two to three offensive lineman to commit this week end...lol

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Via LHF: Hamm just said Texas mods are blowing smoke about Shepherd. Said UT mods only get what info Carrington  feeds them.
He said his sources have told him Shepherd has already told aggy coaches he would be committing to the a&m https://t.co/6oM3agJZEu

After last year, I feel like Carrington is a pretty good source of information.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

More: He also just said that if Shepherd does not show up for the aggy camp on Friday that they would probably recruit over him because they expect two to three offensive lineman to commit this week end...lol

Were there supposed to be any other OL on campus for their pic-a-nic? 

On 6/6/2018 at 12:23 PM, texifornia said:

Fantastic on so many levels but mostly the butthurt about Carrington. This info came from direct quotes from the fucking kid while on the Texas campus. Our 9.95ers don't have shit for access with Carrington and he should know that because he's the one that helped EJ and Sayles get the hookups with the 7-on-7 trainers which remain those two shitfucks only sources. 

"He also just said that if Shepherd does not show up for the aggy camp on Friday that they would probably recruit over him because they expect two to three offensive lineman to commit this week end"

there's the Hamm we know and love. Hedging it by saying that they are going to recruit over Shepherd this weekend. With 2-3 commits. 

Hamm doesn't know shit but please let Turner take another 2-3 guys, hopefully at least 1 more in that 2020 class. (Septs would be ideal - I'd rather Jaylen Garth stay on the board for now). Who the fuck are they going to "recruit over" Shepherd? I'm guessing he means they'd try to get commits from Trainor and Medley? That would be fantastic. 

Edited by golfclap

Of course Hamm blows his sources over rumors. No one has a history of feeding snake oil to 995'rs more than Brew. I by no means think Shepherd is a done deal, not with the way aggie is "recruiting" moving forward. Austin and Leah did not come onboard without "expectations" that the proper channels for their particular skillset are already set up.