Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

For what? Winning 8-9 games a year and with an upset of Washington or USC here and there?  Sure, why not? 

For all the captains of industry on here, y'all are short sighted. What is Texas going to be in 4-5 years?

A State? didn't realize there was going to be Geography.

12 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

No, he has retweeted pics that were originally posted by other users of social media that had no affiliation with Texas. Brewster originated the content which makes it a violation.

That has to be quite possiblly the dumbest NCAA rule of them all. And that is saying something. 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Can anybody shed some light on why Ms. Knight left Bama? 

Wanted to work with a national championship winning coach

On another note, I've heard some rumors that Shepherd is going to announce on his birthday, which is in 10 days

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I know this probably wasn’t her fault, but Bama finished with its lowest class ranking ever under Saban (and one of its lowest averages too) for 2018–the only class she helped with there. I wonder if she was pushed out of there.

8 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

I know this probably wasn’t her fault, but Bama finished with its lowest class ranking ever under Saban (and one of its lowest averages too) for 2018–the only class she helped with there. I wonder if she was pushed out of there.

stupid sip, Aggy money whipped Saban and stole her away. Power. Moves. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Radical Larry said:

So are these "trainers" also like Uber for Athletes now? Seems like a lot of visits everywhere are now chauffeured by these guys. Seems like there is getting to be way too much risk for programs to continue these type relationships. Its like a mobile IMG without the compliance oversight.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

I don’t know who the guy was at Bama before her, but they ended up shitcanning him or encouraging him to go elsewhere, and they asked her to fill in while she was getting ready to get married. She did fine but didn’t blow them away and they didn’t offer her a contract, and her husband had a job in or around Houston, so they moved.

There was no scandal and she was not in the role of bagperson. The skinny, goofy dude is Capone’s bookkeeper. She’s just a glad-hander. Could that change at ATM? Hell, of course, but it would be new for her.

That’s from the inner circle of the Empire. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t know who the guy was at Bama before her, but they ended up shitcanning him or encouraging him to go elsewhere, and they asked her to fill in while she was getting ready to get married. She did fine but didn’t blow them away and they didn’t offer her a contract, and her husband had a job in or around Houston, so they moved.

There was no scandal and she was not in the role of bagperson. The skinny, goofy dude is Capone’s bookkeeper. She’s just a glad-hander. Could that change at ATM? Hell, of course, but it would be new for her.

That’s from the inner circle of the Empire. 

I understood that blowing dudes away was the entirety of her job description...?

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

So are these "trainers" also like Uber for Athletes now? Seems like a lot of visits everywhere are now chauffeured by these guys. Seems like there is getting to be way too much risk for programs to continue these type relationships. Its like a mobile IMG without the compliance oversight.

dude they're from north forest, resources are tight in that part of houston. just appreciate someone's willing to take them and give them some guidance and stfu. 

• Like 8

I'm glad that they seem to be actually getting in a car and coming here. 

The "never showed up because of a 'mix up' with a ride thing was getting ridiculous. 

Not sure about this" footwork king's" motivations... but if these "handlers" are the name of the game, and they are ubiquitous everywhere else, and the NCAA has proven that they are more concerned about keeping Olympic Skiers from returning punts at this level... I say pay the footwork king for taking the time, effort, gasoline, food to get these guys here and to teach them to kick ass at running through tires 

52 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

Put him in the calculator 

So A&M was bashing UT the entire time he was there instead of making the case for why A&M is where he should be?  I thought UT was supposed to be the school that resorted to bashing other schools in order to get recruits?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

So A&M was bashing UT the entire time he was there instead of making the case for why A&M is where he should be?  I thought UT was supposed to be the school that resorted to bashing other schools in order to get recruits?

Wrong again, aggy.

41 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Physically, he reminds me of a poor man's Julio Jones. 

Lot's of Aggie stuff on his twitters. Wonder why his CBs have him going to the good guys. 

His recruitment is another one that has 'changed', unfortunately. Perroni has been hyping him up as an A&M-Texas battle which probably means he thinks Wright ends up at A&M and he wants to claim another 'head-to-head' win.

Brian Perroni: 4-star WR Dylan Wright shaping up to be an A&M, Texas battle?

West Mesquite, Texas, wide receiver Dylan Wright missed spring ball with an injury but the 6-foot-3, 205-pound four-star prospect is finally cleared. He participated in a camp at Texas A&M last week and is at the Pylon 7v7 national championships in Atlanta this weekend. "It's been good," the nation's No. 128 overall prospect said of the first day of action. "I had to get back in shape. But I'm back in shape now and feeling good. I'm just trying to get back in the groove."

On the recruiting front, Wright has been to Aggieland a couple of times recently. He has also long been high on fellow in-state school Texas. "Texas and Texas A&M, the differences are - to be honest - it's kind of neck and neck," he said. "You've got both of the head coaches down there. The receivers coaches, they're young so they're just like you. It's kind of neck and neck."

Wright has developed a very close bond with A&M wide receivers coach Dameyune Craig. "Coach Craig, bro it's crazy," Wright said. "He bonded well with my family. It's just crazy - it's just family. It's something that I'm not used to. When I come in the building, it feels like I'm at home. We just know each other's slang, we know each other's lingo and we just connect."

Wright has also built a solid relationship with Texas wide receiver coach Drew Mehringer. The wideout was invited to Austin this weekend but was not able to make it. "I was supposed to go this weekend (to Texas) but I had to come here," Wright said. "They have a party or something. I was supposed to go down there. I'm probably going to go back down there. I'll find some time to go back down there. I think they feel like I'm trying to go to A&M or something, so I'm going to go show them some love."

In addition to Craig and Mehringer, Wright has also grown close with Arkansas receivers coach Justin Stepp. "Arkansas, they're my people," Wright said. "Coach Stepp, he's always showing love. We click on everything. Same thing with coach Drew and coach Craig. Those three coaches are the ones that actually show me love daily."

As for the recruiting process, Wright will likely cut his list of schools down very soon. "My mom told me I could narrow my top 10 down, so we're going to work that when we get back to the crib," he said. "It's really been how it always is...but its time to narrow it down." He plans to use some official visits and has a few destinations in mind. "Oregon and Michigan for sure," he said as to schools that will receive officials. "I'm probably going to take Alabama later on, my last official. I'm probably going to take it during the season."

As for a final decision, Wright plans to take his time and wait until early January. "At the Under Armour game," he said of his announcement plans. "It's going to be a hard decision."